Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Pollin collecting is a addicting.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Kinda mixed feeling on that would prefer to collect my own pollen don't wanna feel like someone owns my cross but none the less that's just me . I'm smart enough to know that there will be a giant market for it like fem seeds , suppose if ya just wanna make some f2,s to keep the strain in seed form it would be beneficial

99 %. Are not going to want to collect there pollin or able to

suomynona

suomynona

Wouldn't it be easier to sell selected cuts of males instead? Pollens easy to fuck up. Male clones could provide pollen time and time again..
Yeah, i agree with this 100%. Easier to have a good custy satisfaction rate this way as well, less room for a problem that arrises to be the fault of the provider.

suomynona

suomynona

Out of curiosity, how do you prevent cross-pollination from male to male??
Good point, you have to have separate rooms for each batch of males. Even then if running more than one variety of males at a time u must not enter room b after being in room a. Otherwise you will be getting pollen from 2 males into the same batch of pollen and potentially fucking up a good intention.

suomynona

suomynona

And when i say batch of males i mean clones from one selected male is a batch. If you have multiple seed males in the same room then you will get a different result when breeding that pollen than pollen from clones of a selected male

Im not sure all breeders do this though. @caveman4.20

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
And when i say batch of males i mean clones from one selected male is a batch. If you have multiple seed males in the same room then you will get a different result when breeding that pollen than pollen from clones of a selected male

Im not sure all breeders do this though. @caveman4.20

For sure 1 Male strain at a time .... I bloom out all my males of the same strain together ..then pick out the best whom has been cloned ...then run him for pollin ...then of course pollinate my selected female ...and need to run making sure he is a stud... and yes have heard of some breeders just using alot of males ...hard to create that seed again though...

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
You guys hunt for females phenos ....I hunt for males ....no different ...Let me ask you this ....Is male pollin illegal ? Theres no bud ....Got ya thinking ...I might be blonde but

suomynona

suomynona

You guys hunt for females phenos ....I hunt for males ....no different ...Let me ask you this ....Is male pollin illegal ? Theres no bud ....Got ya thinking ...I might be blonde but
Unfortunately any part of the plant cannabis is illegal federally. However we have had sheriffs visit one of our male buildings before and they were just fascinated by it and didnt care to take even one plant. They understood it was for genetic preservation. Keep in mind this is wayyy up the hill so that may have had something to do with them being so courteous.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Unfortunately any part of the plant cannabis is illegal federally. However we have had sheriffs visit one of our male buildings before and they were just fascinated by it and didnt care to take even one plant. They understood it was for genetic preservation. Keep in mind this is wayyy up the hill so that may have had something to do with them being so courteous.

I had a little visit with a search not long ago ...had kief in my purse ...they had no clue never even asked ... will be interesting to see in the laws on the sale of pollin ...I mean a facility for such a biz...

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
From time to time I come across a plant I would like to play genetics with, but the trouble lies with having access to quality pollen. With male plants becoming fewer in number than in the past and questionable quality for a a closet chucker.
Is there any one out there that sells pollen from some of our favourite strains that can be kept in the fridge and used on a wants to basis by casual pollen tossers.

Sorry for hogging your thread ...perhaps some pollin ?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Check out @SeaF0ur has a thread or pic of collecting pollin a container he made that is awesome for a small collection of pollin ..... for closet growers...theres a difference between the serious grower and just someone that wants to play a little ...which if your on the farm ..I am thinking your serious ;)

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I doubt pollen would ever be listed for sale...its so so so sensitive to everything... If you store it in a freezer and take it out even for a few seconds the condensation on the outside of the container can be enough to spoil the pollen. I know multiple people that have bought or been gifted stored pollen and half didn't get any seeds, half only got a few...I personally have never had success with stored pollen, unless its less than a week old.

Like someone said before, male cuts are the way to go if you want pollen, its the only way to guarantee.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Wouldn't it be easier to sell selected cuts of males instead? Pollens easy to fuck up. Male clones could provide pollen time and time again..

i agree 100%....pollen viability is not the greatest, and there are many factors that can ruin/affect the pollen...not to mention the age of the pollen you are buying....

i could see it now...how many complaints would go out from ppl claiming the pollen didnt work or that they dont think the pollen came from the plant they wanted...

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I doubt pollen would ever be listed for sale...its so so so sensitive to everything... If you store it in a freezer and take it out even for a few seconds the condensation on the outside of the container can be enough to spoil the pollen. I know multiple people that have bought or been gifted stored pollen and half didn't get any seeds, half only got a few...I personally have never had success with stored pollen, unless its less than a week old.

Like someone said before, male cuts are the way to go if you want pollen, its the only way to guarantee.

Its already being sold...plus do you really know your getting true seeds on some of these sites ...I wonder.... the big growers have other people producing there seeds to sell ... and am not saying all ...

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

I have ton's of pollen from the summer.... & he cloned real nice for me reveg'd without showing any stress issue's. Would be nice if something was set up ......

U can see the old school blue affy & haze in him .....

Blue Orca - ( Thai stick 1976 x Kandahar 1971 ) x 1992 N.L. #5 / Nevil's Haze - (F1) male

BO x NL 1c 2
BO x NL 1e
BO x NL 1a
BO x NL 1d 2
Bo h

Top Bottom