• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
This helps ensure ample atmospheric oxygen uptake by the non submerged roots within the module. This oxygen exposure aids in proper fruit set and essential oil production as the plants mature. This technique can also mimic “drought conditions” which triggers the plant to produce more oils as a means of reducing transpiration rates.

This is cut n paste from our FAQ page. Typically you'd begin dropping the level 1/3 to 1/2 way into flower.

C

Casper

What size water chiller would be most efficient for a 4 site Under Current? What brand name and place to purchase do you guys recommend for a chiller?

Would you guys recommend Under Current for a 1st time grower?

P

phup

Hi UCHQ. I've prevegged my plants for 10 days in Rockwool cubes until roots were showing and have since put them in the UC for 10 more days. Roots have finally begun showing at the bottom, but I am not experiencing the same "explosive growth" I've seen from other members on here. My environmental parameters are all quite good, so I"m wondering what I am missing. Nutes are 500ppm @ 5.7ph, water level is about 2" below the net pot. I've stopped handwatering the rockwool everyday as per your recommendation.
The stems are also quite red, which to me means lack of food, but 500-600 ppm seems to be the norm on here for UC vegging.
Thanks for your help.

Roots
DWC 12
UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Casper, all system specs and recommendations r on our site, check it out, and yes provided ur ready to dial things in, do it.

Ph, drop ur ppm to about 250-350 and raise ur water level to the bottom of the net pot, this will help hydrate the plants and speed growth.

C

Casper

Casper, all system specs and recommendations r on our site, check it out, and yes provided ur ready to dial things in, do it.

Ph, drop ur ppm to about 250-350 and raise ur water level to the bottom of the net pot, this will help hydrate the plants and speed growth.

Very cool of you to even be on this site helping anyone willing to learn, thanks!!

P

phup

Will do UCHQ, thanks for the help. As Casper said, very cool of you to be on this site helping people.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

L" x W"" of the UC 4 XXL-13

Hello I very interested in buy the UC 4 XXL-13 and wanted to know the 40" center is measured how from corner to corner? Also how long are the pipes so I know if I have the space for it leigth wise and width also thanks everyone for chiming in

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Hello I very interested in buy the UC 4 XXL-13 and wanted to know the 40" center is measured how from corner to corner? Also how long are the pipes so I know if I have the space for it leigth wise and width also thanks everyone for chiming in

Website has all the info ur looking for. cch2o.com

F

FrostyTheGroMan

Hey UCHQ, I just want to start off by saying thank you to all the knowledge and support you provide your customers!! You guys make an awesome product n I just want you guys to know that I am one happy customer!!

With that said, my question has to do with the change in lighting recommendations y'all have for the Evo systems. When i first bought the 18 site Evo, the recommended lighting was 10 1000's, now it's changed to 10 600's.... Is there a reason for why you guys changed your recommendations from 1000's to 600's??

Been thinking about purchasing another 12 site Evo and was wondering what the optimum lighting conditions would be? 6 1000's? 4 1000's? or 6 600's?

Bubba kush

Bubba kush

Hey UCHQ, I just want to start off by saying thank you to all the knowledge and support you provide your customers!! You guys make an awesome product n I just want you guys to know that I am one happy customer!!

With that said, my question has to do with the change in lighting recommendations y'all have for the Evo systems. When i first bought the 18 site Evo, the recommended lighting was 10 1000's, now it's changed to 10 600's.... Is there a reason for why you guys changed your recommendations from 1000's to 600's??

Been thinking about purchasing another 12 site Evo and was wondering what the optimum lighting conditions would be? 6 1000's? 4 1000's? or 6 600's?
I second that!!!! I have the UCE12XL13

B

Bud Head

Recommend flush times. I've readto only flush for 3 days straight water. What UCHQ recommend? Thanks for the help.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter

Our recommendations changed to reflect a more efficient use of lighting for these systems based on the actual foot print of available space for plant growth. Because lamps are positioned side by side when covering a EVOXL you benefit from the properties of inverse lighting. Which is to say the plants directly under one 600 are also side lit by the adjacent 600.

Given the spacing of the 3 rows of the EVO it's only possible to generate a certain sized plant canopy...this being said we feel the 600's to be a better fit in terms of efficiency. This also lends towards a better gpw conversion given the limitations of square feet of the canopy relative to the overall lamp output.

The use of 1000 watt lamps instead of the 600's we now recommend will pose no problems assuming environmental conditions within the garden are appropriate.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Recommend flush times. I've readto only flush for 3 days straight water. What UCHQ recommend? Thanks for the help.

PK booster only for the final 10 days with a 2-3 day flush of tap or RO water before harvest.

P

phup

Hi UCHQ, I am experiencing some very strange looking growth on my Mk-Ultras. They were exhibiting signs of a cal/mg deficiency and I have since rectified that through the addition of cal/mag and epsom salts. My profile is now:
H&G 4ml/gal,
epsom salt 1g/gal,
cal mag 2ml/gal,
H202 2ml/gal
and I ran out of phup so there is about 3ml/gal Pro-silica.
ph is 5.8, ppms are 600

The plants have been exhibiting these very hooked leaves for some time now. The ones in soil do not have the same signs. Any ideas?

Crazy leaf
UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
For that sized plant drop your nutes strength to about 300ppm. I know this seems low but it will aid the plants in uptaking water which will kick start the plants growth by increasing transpiration and inturn moving mobile minerals and plant hormones through out the plant.

Plus your ratio of calmag to H&G seems off. Assuming you're using RO water consider excluding epsom, add calmag at 1 ml per gal and continue with H&G dosage.

The fact that you are having to use pH up is a good indication that the solution is outta whack, as 98% of the time in hydro pH will rise and necessitate the use of pH down. Remember a pH anywhere from 5.5 - 6.2 will allow for plenty of nutrient and water uptake.

Foliar spray plants with water in the meantime to aid with hydration to account for the H2O lock out you're experiencing.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

hey uchq, what conversion rate do you use? any chance you could use EC instead of ppm as its a universal system.. where with ppm 1 ec could equal 500 660 700, etc...

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
EC is without a doubt the most effective/ dependable/ internationally recognized means of solution chemistry measurement, though pHup is using ppm. We (CC) don't make any specific recommendations relative to EC, ppm, tds etc when it comes to systems operations so we typically speak whatever language is spoken to us. I probably should have just recommended to halve the concentration as opposed to refer to a specific ppm.

Keep in mind, what ever your means of measurement, just be sure to work consistently with it so as to be accurate over time. For phup a good target EC would be 0.3 - 0.4

Thanks for bringing this topic up as it is a cause for confusion for many growers.

M

medicine21

PK booster only for the final 10 days with a 2-3 day flush of tap or RO water before harvest.

When do recommend using a PK booster aside from final 10 days? Most nute manufacturers say to use 3 weeks from harvest for one week only. Others say to use when flowers are formed and start swelling.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
IMO you begin a PK booster once flowers have set and run it to the end. But follow your nutrient manufacturers recommendation as they know they're nutrients better than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom