Post your favorite mid to late flower P-K booster

• Thread starter TheOtherOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

monopotassium sulfate and magnesium sulfate.... I have done some light skimming and read that they were not compatible
Monopotassium phosphate... And magnesium sulfate... Again compatible with what?

It's the main ingredient in most bloom boosters and magnesium sulfate is epsom salt. I have no idea what your talking about compatible?

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Monopotassium phosphate... And magnesium sulfate... Again compatible with what?

It's the main ingredient in most bloom boosters and magnesium sulfate is epsom salt. I have no idea what your talking about compatible?
each other....in the plant system?.... clearly one of us is severely misinformed i.e. me but let me see if i can find the article

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
tell me if i misread or if this is phooey, or at least tell me something https://www.greenhousegrower.com/un...ant-nutrition-fertilizers-and-macronutrients/

You read it wrong. It says calcium products are not always compatible with phosphorus products.

Here is the quote;
"– Calcium nitrate and monoammonium phosphate or monopotassium phosphate cannot be mixed in the same concentrated stock solution at high concentrations because insoluble calcium phosphate will form. However, the amount of calcium and phosphorus that can be mixed in the same stock tank can be increased by lowering the pH of the stock tank solution"

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

You read it wrong. It says calcium products are not always compatible with phosphorus products.

Here is the quote;
"– Calcium nitrate and monoammonium phosphate or monopotassium phosphate cannot be mixed in the same concentrated stock solution at high concentrations because insoluble calcium phosphate will form. However, the amount of calcium and phosphorus that can be mixed in the same stock tank can be increased by lowering the pH of the stock tank solution"
that is why I asked, i tend to do most of my heavy internet surfing on sleepless nights, so I am not always the sharpest

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

First time even using a bloom booster, if you would call it one. Was talking to a guy at the hydroponics store and was telling him I was interested in trying one but didn’t know where to start. Said that he would recommend potassium silicate before any bloom booster. Acts as a bit of a boost but is more for protection from stress and diseases. Did a bit of research and found there’s evidence supports it so I ended up getting some.

You can use it throughout your grow to have some extra silica in your nutrients, but has that extra K boost in flower.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

First time even using a bloom booster, if you would call it one. Was talking to a guy at the hydroponics store and was telling him I was interested in trying one but didn’t know where to start. Said that he would recommend potassium silicate before any bloom booster. Acts as a bit of a boost but is more for protection from stress and diseases. Did a bit of research and found there’s evidence supports it so I ended up getting some.

You can use it throughout your grow to have some extra silica in your nutrients, but has that extra K boost in flower.
I have pure powdered silica and pure powdered yucca root, so no silicate required

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I still don't get the question. It doesn't make sense to me because your asking for recommendations from people with all different base nutrients and in doing so whatever ratio you get answers on will be meaningless.

Ratios should be used as overall. Tbh there is no way you will get good info from a question like this.

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

I still don't get the question. It doesn't make sense to me because your asking for recommendations from people with all different base nutrients and in doing so whatever ratio you get answers on will be meaningless.

Ratios should be used as overall. Tbh there is no way you will get good info from a question like this.

I agree with aqua man. It’s all about the ratios and that you’re giving your plants the right ratio of nutrients for each stage of growth. There are many of companies out there making their own sets of nutrients, and you can really only go around mixing up brands when you really understand the ratio of each macro and micronutrient you’re giving. Sometimes it’s even just easiest to stick with a bloom booster from the company you’ve got your base nutrients from since it is designed to work with the nutrients you are giving already.

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

I guess you missed the part where I said I do my surfing on sleepless nights. And my purpose was to start a discussion, so maybe I would happen upon something that would work with mine, while seeing what people are using and what they are getting, since most of you folks have a grow diary, so I can do the detective work and maybe happen upon something that seams condusive. So to rebut on your comment; not meaningless at all in my humble opinion. And, as you could have read previous comments, to use someone elses terms from another thread "in the english language" stated that I had found exactly what I am looking for. At which point, in your shoes, I would have come to the conclsion that the OP(me, in this case) no longer needed extra input. Let alone possess the need to clarify himself for a 3rd or maybe even fourth time.
I would encourage you to try langbeinite too. I.e., boost K, Mg & S (leave P out of it) in late flower.

Example:
2 Tbps/gal AK Kelp = 84-92 ppm. (K=40-48ppm; N=10; Mg = 5; Ca=15 [a good ratio Ca:Mg for veg]; S=2. ).​
1g/gal Dr. Earth Langbeinite = 139-149 ppm. (K=48-58ppm; Mg=29; S=58).​

Cut your base nutes a little to accommodate 100ppm; alternate between those two. Or, cut the base nutes enough for 200ppm; feed the above together.

I've used langbeinite randomly in flower. Definitely the kelp makes a difference in late flower. But, boosting K, Mg & S too should help. (I think it's the growth hormones that make kelp good. But, others say K & Mg make a difference. That would be a way to get both. As long as you cut the base nutrients it wont fry the plants (like typical PK boosters can).
Just did some research, would Down To Earth be a good brand to go with?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I guess you missed the part where I said I do my surfing on sleepless nights. And my purpose was to start a discussion, so maybe I would happen upon something that would work with mine, while seeing what people are using and what they are getting, since most of you folks have a grow diary, so I can do the detective work and maybe happen upon something that seams condusive. So to rebut on your comment; not meaningless at all in my humble opinion. And, as you could have read previous comments, to use someone elses terms from another thread "in the english language" stated that I had found exactly what I am looking for. At which point, in your shoes, I would have come to the conclsion that the OP(me, in this case) no longer needed extra input. Let alone possess the need to clarify himself for a 3rd or maybe even fourth time.

Just did some research, would Down To Earth be a good brand to go with?
Well guess you have it all figured then. Won't bother replying in your threads. Think you don't really have a clue but hey have to start somewhere. Just another askhole. Just like monopotassium phosphate and mag sulfate are not a good mix. Considering
its used in only almost every pk booster out there. Get over yourself

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Well guess you have it all figured then. Won't bother replying in your threads. Think you don't really have a clue but hey have to start somewhere. Just another askhole. Just like monopotassium phosphate and mag sulfate are not a good mix. Considering
its used in only almost every pk booster out there. Get over yourself
lol drunken babble, disregard my dickeshness, I cant stand repeating myself and I show my ass in those instances. Please dont hold it against me, in this instance I am pretty unaware so I shouldn't have been so brash, please accept my apologies

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Yes. I meant to say Down-To-Earth (langbeinite). When I went to bed last night, it popped in my mind that I had said "Dr. Earth."
Cool, thought so, they are also a decent price, thanks!

visajoe1

visajoe1

i think there is something to running a booster only during flower. ive done the multi bottle systems and never got where i wanted to be. my goal this round is to do as little as absolutely possible while having as close to 100% healthy leaves as possible. i ran a 1-1-1 for veg and they did outstanding (thats all ill ever do now), but i can tell its not enough punch for flower based on plants reaction since flip and it seemed to contribute to stretch. i recently added half strength flower fuel 1-34-32 and will just give water until the following week. happy frog soil. i'll report back in a couple weeks

View attachment 891056
following up on the introduction of flower fuel to the grow. hard to know if results are caused by the booster since i dont have anything to compare against. however, they did get frosty last couple weeks. fed half strength mostly 3-4 times per week last 2 weeks, a couple times 75% strength. currently flower day 31. looking happy and healthy. total spent on nutes is $28, works out to about $7 per plant at the most, based off how much I have left.
20190913 161649

Latest posts

Top Bottom