Post your Organic Soil Mix

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jcash

I consider ph but I stopped measuring ph when I began recycling soil.... Years back when I did measure ph the soil appeared non confrontational as long as soil was in the range of 5 to 7.5-8.0 I use to think that my foliars helped ph since I read an article claiming that foliars can be measured in roots as soon as thirty minutes later....take it all with rock salt my friends! Peace and have fun growing !
Hey caveman what exactly do u mean when u say," take it with salt" could u elaborate a little more

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I'm no master Gardner take it with salt metaphorically ....ask a few more heads for reassurance if you have doubts . Peace

J

jcash

Ok cool I thought u were sayin to take a ph reading with salt or somethin of that nature. Think ill try the peat(light warrior) if things dont change in next wk or so. Ps if anyone else has any recommendations im gladly listening. Thnx caveman you have been helpin me out more than u know. The farm rocks

J

jcash

Been havin problems tryin to find a mercury thermometer to test soil temps. Got a digital one from cvs and its crap. Just stuck my fist down in the middle of my soil and its not hot anymore does that mean its done cookin and ready to use?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

No problem and composting is like most facets of interest the rabbit hole is deep.....it can be approached like a hobby or an obsession....simply put mix it all up wet it a lil give it time and then put a plant in it....the obsession is controlling every known aspect and attempting to control unknown aspects for example calcualating a specific recipe to be completely broke down and transformed into to pure vegitation by the time harvest comes, maybe controlling smell, controlling CEC (cation exchange capacity or some shit), maybe limiting dry ammendments for a through cleansing harvest, controlling porosity etc have fun exploring the rabbit whole of dirt :bookworm:

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

roots potting soil or 707, simplici-t nute pack, cook for a month, water and act maybe a few times. done and done. guess work is taken out and this mix tastes insanely fire. fuck all the dumb shit and guess work.
how many bags do you use for a nute pack I really want to try there stuff out Ive herd its real quality

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

1 nute pouch per 4 cubic feet. Simplic-t.com Check website they go over all info

spacebomb

spacebomb

Roots soil is infested ATM with ROOT APHIDS , No bull man. Check out the weed nerd on you tube. Subbcool runs thru the roots soil n the problem. FACTORY PROBLEM ASWELL, NOT ANY PERSONAL GARDENER HAS DONE. THATs just how Its comin out the FACTORY. Weird man. I would not but new soil with known problems. Its a cheek really cos it TOOK subbcools CHANNEL to alert me. Anyway .GOOD LUCK MAN. HOPE U GET WHAT YOUR WANTING BRO.. ..

J

jcash

I finally transplanted my girls into my soil mix Monday everything's lookin good so far. Sprayed extreme blend and caps folier to get things goin gonna veg another week and flip the switch. Hopefully I can just give them undiluted teas throughout flower with no ph issues. Dont want to mess my organics up with pbp nutes ,dont think they're organic and might interfere with my soil biology. Anybody want to chime in with more experience is mtw im all ears

S

slap14

I finally transplanted my girls into my soil mix Monday everything's lookin good so far. Sprayed extreme blend and caps folier to get things goin gonna veg another week and flip the switch. Hopefully I can just give them undiluted teas throughout flower with no ph issues. Dont want to mess my organics up with pbp nutes ,dont think they're organic and might interfere with my soil biology. Anybody want to chime in with more experience is mtw im all ears

What size pots r u running Cash? How tall r ur girls now? How long did you cook ur soil for? Love to see some pics of the girls

Slap

S

slap14

In TLO book, rev said to use hortilux Blue MH instead of HPS for 12/12.

Is anyone following this method?
Is it better than HPS for organic as he claim?

I like the mixed spectrum wether using a dual arc or using a MH and HPS at the same time or even starting with the HPS and finishing with the MH seem to better for me than using one bulb the whole grow. But I can't say scientifically that the mixed spectrum is better just my personal observation. The Rev also only uses a 400 watt bulb but if you go by some of the pics I've seen he is kickin it pretty good with those 400 watts:D

Slap

J

jcash

What It do slap im in 5-7gal pots mix cooked for about 1month they would be about 2.5ft but I been training them to cover my 4x4 tent. 5 plants under 500watts mh,cfl. Gonna flower with 1200watts mixed spectrum. Hopin to get 5-6zips per plant. First time runnin these strains we'll c how it goez. Gotta try an take sum pics with my phone next couple of days. Runnin 2 la con,2chems,and one strain called george Bush. Also got lemon drop kush, vanilla kush,and cadillac kush veggin for next round .btw u have some awesome grows bro thanks for commenting on my post.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You are 100% correct, PBP is not organic. Your plan sounds pretty good to me!

In TLO book, rev said to use hortilux Blue MH instead of HPS for 12/12.

Is anyone following this method?
Is it better than HPS for organic as he claim?
Light is light is light, and wavelengths utilized (PAR/PUR) are wavelengths used. It shouldn't matter what style or method by which the plant is being grown--if the wavelengths are photosynthetically available/usable, then they're that. The thing with HPS is that it's got the most push in the areas of spectrum that are used by plants. I'm not saying the Hortilux blue MH doesn't, just that HPS certainly does. The MH would/should have wavelengths the HPS doesn't, most notably in the ultraviolent range (around 420nm, give or take a few nanometers). In other words, if the Horti MH is better for organic, then it's also better for any other method of cultivation. Make-y de sense?

J

jcash

Thanx sea maiden,spacebonb been readin on the forum's at the farm for bout four years now gettin pretty solid info from good growers. I started with nutes and learned how to manipulate my plants with chemicals; now I'm learning organics and readin on how good soil can naturally do all that manipulating on its own with addition of a few diff aact's and maybe adjusting ph. Trial and error is the best learning tool for me. I wish I could be in one of the legal states and work in the industry I love growing

spacebomb

spacebomb

Yeah man. I understand you bro. Thats about the same time i started cruising the farm, ETC. The farm. I THINK . IS THE BEST 1 :-). Tv theres No bullshit just good solid advice. I also run an organic garden, Its just SOO MUCH BETTER, THE BUD, HASH IS PURE DANK TASTY.. LIKE YOU, I FEED MY SOIL WED, CREATE A NICE RHIZOSPHERE AND USE SOME SUGARS FOR THE CREBS SYCLE. I LOVE IT MAN, ALSO LIKE YOU, ID LOVE TO BE LEGALL, :-) MY FULL COUNTRY IS ILLEGALL THO EH.. .. :-) :-) BUT WHAT CAN WE DO!. !? BUY OF SHYSTERS OF THE BLACK MARKET AND GET OUR EYES STOLEN, WITH WET, SANDY, GLASSY CONTAMINATED SHITE? .. :(. DONT THINK SO EH BROTHER. ..LOL.

PhMe

PhMe

Light is light is light, and wavelengths utilized (PAR/PUR) are wavelengths used. It shouldn't matter what style or method by which the plant is being grown--if the wavelengths are photosynthetically available/usable, then they're that. The thing with HPS is that it's got the most push in the areas of spectrum that are used by plants. I'm not saying the Hortilux blue MH doesn't, just that HPS certainly does. The MH would/should have wavelengths the HPS doesn't, most notably in the ultraviolent range (around 420nm, give or take a few nanometers). In other words, if the Horti MH is better for organic, then it's also better for any other method of cultivation. Make-y de sense?

it puzzled me that he uses MH throughout the whole lifespan for the lady. As he stated in the book, he gotten better result with MH than HPS and just as slap said rev stuff looks good. We all have different method in doing things, I've never grown organic before and thought it might be different for this path.

Top Bottom