1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
CE9277FA 530B 40C4 AF7B 72D17C050790
45186070 3047 42A2 85F4 157EE6DE0A1D
549980C6 6BBA 418F 96A4 F310FBC59160

J

Jph1953

How long does it take for popped seed to get up and growing, I have two seeds in two pots nothing in five days

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Ground squirrel I’m pretty sure! I guess a very small raccoon might have gotten in there! But I’m shooting for the squirrels! I think I have some 1 inch welded wire to patch it up with! And reinforce the rest of it with! Lol I caught and released six mice before finally trapping a keeper and it tore its way out!

cpurola

cpurola

Ground squirrel I’m pretty sure! I guess a very small raccoon might have gotten in there! But I’m shooting for the squirrels! I think I have some 1 inch welded wire to patch it up with! And reinforce the rest of it with! Lol
What do you bait it with?

Squirrels are a PITA! I planted English walnut trees 35 years ago... when they finally started producing the squirrels got every last one of them! I declared war on them and vowed to exterminate all. Then I read that they are very territorial and if you get rid of one another just takes their place. Oh well.

We did catch ground hogs in our trap and I let them go at the state park. I'm sure those guys were not impressed. LOL

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Peanut butter! That’s what I bait my Victor rat traps with! Whatever it was cleaned that plate off slick as a whistle and then decided it was time to leave!😁 I hope it at least got sore teeth!

cpurola

cpurola

Peanut butter! That’s what I bait my Victor rat traps with! Whatever it was cleaned that plate off slick as a whistle and then decided it was time to leave!😁 I hope it at least got sore teeth!
If the peanut butter doesn't work well enough, try my daughter's mice trap treat.
Raw bacon super glued to the trap. Then they can't steal it. 😁

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I can’t go along with that! I don’t care much for peanut butter, but I love bacon! I’ll be damned if I’m gonna feed any of it to a ground squirrel! 😆 i’m kind of surprised I haven’t had any problems with rodents in my grows! Do they mess with you?

cpurola

cpurola

I can’t go along with that! I don’t care much for peanut butter, but I love bacon! I’ll be damned if I’m gonna feed any of it to a ground squirrel! 😆 i’m kind of surprised I haven’t had any problems with rodents in my grows! Do they mess with you?
They better not!
The deer and ground hogs are bad enough!
But my kids live in urban areas and have had rats nibble on tomatoes! They saw them! Yuk!

What about the rabbits? Does your 'fence' keep them out?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yep! Mostly jackrabbits around here and they don’t seem too interested! And they are too big to get through a fence! When I shine a light out in my yard at night, they’re almost always three or four jackrabbits, eating the grass or whatever! The only animal to mess with them so far has been turkeys! I left the fence too close to the plant and they would stick their necks through and nip off fan leaves! Took me two days of, what the hell is going on here, to figure it out! Lol. I was out there combing over those plants looking for a bug with huge mandibles that was snipping off my leaves! Then a flock of turkeys walked by about 30 feet away, and I swear they were laughing at me! Then the lightbulb went on!😂

Last edited:
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

My two tents finally back at work at the same time.

2 x 90x60x180 (2x3x6) tents SOG 8 plants 6L (1,6 gal) pots, one with the spider-farmer SF2000 other one with the SF2000 EVO wich is noticeably bluer and also produce noticeably more heat than the previous model.

I usually switch to flower 5 weeks after germinating the seeds. No topping or LST or whatsoever, Just trimming the branches and lower buds sites that don't make it to canopy level.

This set up allow me to harvest up to 200 gr every 16 weeks or so per tent.

The tents are delayed about 8 weeks or so. So i harvest up 200gr every two month or so.

P1040289

Top Bottom