Post Your UC Problems Here!

• Thread starter jimmyhoffa59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crossouttheiis

Not sure if the GroovyHydro guy is still lurking in this thread, but for anyone that has run Down Under HF, did you notice a huge dip in pH?

I added it to the system, let it stabilize and run for a few days, then I think by the third or fourth day pH had dropped a point overnight.

I used the hf with canna base and an additives and saw no change at all....my busy is doing the same thing and not getting any fluctuation. Do you think it could be a reaction to the nutrients you are using?

deacon1503

deacon1503

I flush every week. Being on a well and having nutes allocated for in my grow budget, I like having a fresh slate every week, even though some may call it unnessesary. Once drained and refilled with 10 more gallons than operating capacity (60 v. 50) of fresh ro, I run half strength HF @ 1ml/g and full strength Drip Clean @ 0.4ml/g for a few hours. Then I drain, refill and dose for the week. Its been smooth sailing. I also run Aquashield, GW, and Hygrozyme as normal.

R

RMCG

I believe RMCG figured out the problem and it wasnt the HF...

Yep, I believe its due to the pH doser keeping the solution nailed at 5.8 and not allowing it to fluctuate. I've now experienced 'the dip' twice. No HF in the mix. I've set my dosers high water mark to 6.2 and will let it swing up to 6.2 before getting any pH down. Going to let it run for a week and see.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

IMO Aquashield is all anyone needs to run as far as beni's in the UC. The more additives the more problematic the system becomes. If you think about it we use beni's in soil and soiless mediums to increase the root mass to allow for peak nutrient uptake. In the UC the roots are directly in the water allowing the plant to feed at will. The dissolved oxygen and movement of the nutrient solution are much better for the roots then any beni could be.

I almost bet that if everyone used a chiller and kept the solution at 68 degrees and used aquashield with base nutes and a booster this thread would be non exhistant.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I fully agree with you Mr. GoodCat... I really wanted to try the GreatWhite crown feed, but since I wasn't running an organic res it seemed an unnecessary risk especially since my base nutes are fully available, and roots are relatively protected by the chiller, AquaShield, and a half dose of Roots Excelurator... :thinking

M

MediMary

I used hydroguard(the old version of aquashield) on my early grows and has surprisingly little problems ever come up, good stuff for sure.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I used hydroguard(the old version of aquashield) on my early grows and has surprisingly little problems ever come up, good stuff for sure.
Right on! I was sitting on a case of sample bottles that Botanicare sent me over a year and a half ago of AquaShield and was worried about the one year expiration date, but they have nearly no smell and have been doing the trick so far... :cool

M

MediMary

Can anyone off the top of their head think of someone who has failed in the UC while using just base nutrients and aquashield? I cant think of anyone in the mpb or uc section.

maybe folks having problems should stick to K.I.S.S as much as possible.
Chilled water, base nutrients, aquashied...

M

MediMary

well there is different levels of problems, minor problem and then problems which equate to total crop failure. If someone is having major problems then the KISS technique might work better for that person.

Its a lot easier to figure something out when you don't have ten different things in your res.
Sometimes I see folks rather new to dwc/rdwc and their lineup is
a + b
plus

zone

roots excel

dripclean

algen

fulvic

etc...

its a lot easier to trouble shoot with the least amount of variables as possible, but again thats just my opinion.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

well there is different levels of problems, minor problem and then problems which equate to total crop failure. If someone is having major problems then the KISS technique might work better for that person.

Its a lot easier to figure something out when you don't have ten different things in your res.
Sometimes I see folks rather new to dwc/rdwc and their lineup is
a + b
plus

zone

roots excel

dripclean

algen

fulvic

etc...

its a lot easier to trouble shoot with the least amount of variables as possible, but again thats just my opinion.

Too true.

M

MediMary

me and a buddy were talking about this he said something along the lines of

..I've read journals where people have written "...so to fix the problem, I flushed the plants and then added h202 and two days later it's a miracle, the plants are growing again and the roots look great..h202 is the magic cure."
(or whatever product they might use)

But in reality they made two changes flush and add h202.

So you can't really for sure say it was the h202, sure the h202 probably helped but what bout the flush?

its all about isolating the problem when it arises(imo) which can be difficult to do when you got 10 different variables. and your changing up multiple variables at a time.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I was the guy that wanted throw everything but the kitchen sink in the rez and try to reinvent the wheel ... I learned my lesson very quick. Aquashield + Base + Booster = :boogie: I have seen the light and will never look back!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Everyone wants to super charge the plants with the latest and greatest snake oil, if you make changes make them one at a time to see what happens much easier to trouble shoot. Being a noob to RDWC I like the KISS method. Never never never give up and have a good plan B LOL

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

So why isnt my thread a sticky anymore? I would find this to be very beneficial thread for anyone looking to get into UC or find similar stories on issues that may or may not arise! Where my mods at?

Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra

To many post to read all the way thorugh, but i had the same thing happen to some of my plants when I left them exposed for 12 hours, lights were also on, I have been told physan makes your plants sensitive to light while theyre exposed :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom