Post Your UC Problems Here!

• Thread starter jimmyhoffa59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brookstown

JK, UCME What is it about the UC that makes it difficult to run benes thru the system instead of just crowning? And JK how does your tanks avoid this?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Bennies work well in the UC.....it's all about keeping the food sources limited so as not to cause population explosions, rather keeping bennies on high alert in the instance their services are needed.

Reason you want to keep the bene food source low is that the UC is basically a large recirc tea brewer. If you get heavy inoculation coupled with food source you basically begin a brew cycle in your hydro system.

Though this sounds bio romantic enough, it's not that well suited for a water culture hydro system. A variety of things happen during a brew cycle that are not so good for rdwc which include pH shifts, biofilming, etc.

Less is more with bennies in the UC, remember*****Fungi in the crown, Bacillus in the solution.

Keep it clean, but not sterile IMO

C

crossouttheiis

SO basically fungi are the mycho's like great white.... and bacillus are like roots oregonism, aquashield etc...

Im still getting all my products down and what they contain.

B

brookstown

Bennies work well in the UC.....it's all about keeping the food sources limited so as not to cause population explosions, rather keeping bennies on high alert in the instance their services are needed.

Reason you want to keep the bene food source low is that the UC is basically a large recirc tea brewer. If you get heavy inoculation coupled with food source you basically begin a brew cycle in your hydro system.

Though this sounds bio romantic enough, it's not that well suited for a water culture hydro system. A variety of things happen during a brew cycle that are not so good for rdwc which include pH shifts, biofilming, etc.

Less is more with bennies in the UC, remember*****Fungi in the crown, Bacillus in the solution.

Keep it clean, but not sterile IMO

That was the best damn explanation I have heard to answer that question.

I've heard that when root rot sets into a RDWC system that it is ALWAYS there. Do you know of people who ran into RR and ran successful crops after, in the same system.

I would hate to be battling that cycle after cycle.

B

M

Musashi888

Bennies, bennies and more bennies...

Great White also has a plethora of Bacillus as well. I have been using ZHO over the top and Aquashield below and have still had some issues so I am still trying to work out the dosages. I have also switched out ZHO for Great White recently because GW has a more diverse spectrum of bennies than ZHO and I believe Aquashield as well. Again, I am still working out the concentrations to add for each. If I continue to have problems (I have pulled two plants out of eighteen from the system with the early stages of rot already... good thing I have backups!) I am going to have to throw Heisenberg's tea at it.

Here's hoping for my first UC harvest.

M

C

crossouttheiis

Great White also has a plethora of Bacillus as well. I have been using ZHO over the top and Aquashield below and have still had some issues so I am still trying to work out the dosages. I have also switched out ZHO for Great White recently because GW has a more diverse spectrum of bennies than ZHO and I believe Aquashield as well. Again, I am still working out the concentrations to add for each. If I continue to have problems (I have pulled two plants out of eighteen from the system with the early stages of rot already... good thing I have backups!) I am going to have to throw Heisenberg's tea at it.

Here's hoping for my first UC harvest.

M

try pm'ing bud goggles. he is running the aquashield ....dont quote me on this but, he runs it at 3ml a gallon.

M

Musashi888

Yep 3ml per gallon every things happy as can be

Budgoggles- what do you use to crown feed and how much? Have you ever fought back from RR and won? That's the golden ticket right there, buddy... Er... Bud...

Thanks!

M

B

bakershredhead

Hey M888 what else are you putting in your res besides the Aquashield?

M

Musashi888

Canna aqua
Rhizotonic
Calmag
Roots excel
I crown- fed zho first but now I am crown-feeding great white

The same in topoff rez also with bud igniter because I am about to flip

I hope none feels I am hijacking... I am a good poster child for problems with the uc system ;)

M

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I just started crown feeding my veg plants with great white 3 days ago. Im not even sure if I used the right amount or how often Im suppose to add it. I will figure it out tho shortly.
I have battled root rot and won just about every time Ive had it and Ive had it a bunch of times. A tap water bath in a seprate 5 gallon bucket to clean roots helps a lot.
I set chiller to 66f

B

bakershredhead

Might want to drop either the roots excel or the rhizo and just run one or the other. I've had problems before with running to many things in the rez. Currently running Canna Aqua, Aquashield at 3ml gl and roots excel. So far things are going well. Less is more is my mantra with this grow.

M

Musashi888

BG- thanks for the input. I started hosin' down some of the girls' roots. Ever flush the whole system with water?

M

B

bakershredhead

Hey Musahi888 this is my first UC run but I ran about three or four mpb runs with one of those being great, one so so and the other two funked on me. The UC seems easier to clean and uses a bit less water. It seems that in DWC you just don't need as much nutes, additives as they are more readily available to the plant. So I'm just trying to use less of everything and see how things go. I've tried the sterile route and I used to use the Aquashield in my rockwool ebb tables so I figured I'd give it a shot in the UC.

Onespark

Onespark

I have been on non-stop research mode...more info to come.
I apologize for the size of this post, if you have been keeping up with my journal you know i'm about to embark on a RDWC venture of my own and failure is not an option.
FJ[/QUOTE]

Very good info FJ. thanks!
I for one really appreciate the size of your post. Well done sir and ++ rep for you! Gonna be trying some of these ideas. Have been running sterile since the first failure in DWC.

R

RMCG

Not sure if the GroovyHydro guy is still lurking in this thread, but for anyone that has run Down Under HF, did you notice a huge dip in pH?

I added it to the system, let it stabilize and run for a few days, then I think by the third or fourth day pH had dropped a point overnight.

K

kushtrees

someone else here had this happen

thats the link... doesnt look like theres any conclusion on what it was exactly

would love to find out about this as well trying to decide between Down under HF or zone to run in my UC when i get it

Top Bottom