Post Your UC Problems Here!

• Thread starter jimmyhoffa59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Hmmm interesting.. I might look into that maybe. Thank you. Ya I am in Far Nor Cal.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Forget ppms and pH...those will rarely kill your plants unless you are growing a super sensitive strain, like Purple Urkle or something. I let my pH drift down to 4.8~5.2 and my plants are still rock solid! Forget adding to the res and/or epicenter, strong plants can handle this also!

How big are your plants, or how much root mass is there when you are dropping them into the UC? What is your water temps? Your room temps and RH?

If your room RH is less than 20% and you don't have roots coming out into the basket, the plant won't uptake enough water to stay moist and just keel over and die. If your room RH is less than 20%, mist your plants down 2x per day and/or get a humidifier.

Pathogens in the water will affect things, too. You are subject to bacterial, fungal, and algae that cause various types or root suffocation, i.e. root rot. Are you using filtered water? Cuz tap water (regardless of ppms or pH) contains all sorts of biological nasties that will wreck havoc in RDWC/UC. Use more Root Excelurator if you think there is shit growing in your water. Also, you might want to just inoculate your root zone with a myco supplement, such as Great White, right before transplant. Are you using the whole H&G line? Don't use the Algen Extract in UC/RDWC, no bueno señor.

You got a pic of your roots to show us? Roots will usually tell the story!

N

NRG

:confused0054:
Just about to start my UnderCurrent Journal when I saw this thead.:character0029:

Sucks about the run Jimmy, I got a feeling I might be in here with you pretty soon asking what went wrong.

B

Baddog

My House was built in 1961 and still has galvanized pipes! My plants looked similar to yours they would do fine for about 2 weeks then turn yellow slowly over a week or 2 and growth would slow drastically! racked my head for weeks onthis one. After i got a RO Unit this went away completely! Im not a pro here as some other other growers! But RO Saved my bacon IMO!

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Well I do not blame the UC, I blame myself for being retarded. I only got a couple grows before this one anyways in dirt and then aero. I will not give up on the system just yet but damn.. I gotta figure out what is going so wrong. The crap with the ph and epicenter feeding stuff.. ya it really should not matter with good plants.. I know they WERE good plants.. I am just lost and need help to recover.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

My first attempt in the UC went like this.

http://i.invalid.com/Ozpc6.gif

Had a pimp tent like yourself and got caught up on the numbers. Turns out numbers don't mean as much as we'd think. Obsessed over pH and burnt the roots, exposing them to conditions that turned into rot and their disposal.

Keeping it simple is the way to go. Less interaction with the water creates a stable environment like they're used to in nature.

Good luck on future attempts or salvaging these. You're sure to nail it and have an everlasting shitfaced grin.

F

FatFreddysKat

Weird you arent supposed to add nutes and such directly into the epicenter? I did all throughout my diesel grow, had no issues, in fact my patients just came and chopped them all down and took off very happy so was mine the exception? I like the results better from the hempy style grows been done, only real liking I have of the UC is the accelerated veg growth, but once my rooms are all completed all will be timed so a 2 month veg with hempies wont hender a monthly harvest or matter either.
I just call this my $4k+ test with a new growing method, and of course not moeny I have but had to experiment, and the last 1 too, was going to consider mpb's but wont waste time & money, going hempy baby!!!
I have seen failures both small and large in EVERY medium these plants have grown in....sorry but their isnt a fail safe for growing ANY plant....this system is cool and all but I too will be heading back in the perilite/coco medium for many of my next runs....and will also keep this UC running, just not with any of my elites or my own pollen chucking homemade crosses.
Good luck to you!!

HG23

HG23

Jimmy, didn't you say you ripped one plant out part way into veg and replaced it with the GDP from Oaksterdam? Was it rooted in rockwool? Maybe it brought whatever the problem was into the equation.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
You must spread some reputation around before...

Keeping it simple is the way to go. Less interaction with the water creates a stable environment like they're used to in nature.

this is what Im promoting too - its why CC is pretty specific about topping off with the ph and ppm you want to run and to not adjust ph by dumping acid into the epi

Daniel will tell you if the ph is between 5.5 and 6.5 to not fuck with it all

mine always wants to run at 6.3, I dont fuck with it - so far so good

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Had a pimp tent like yourself and got caught up on the numbers. Turns out numbers don't mean as much as we'd think. Obsessed over pH and burnt the roots, exposing them to conditions that turned into rot and their disposal.

Good luck on future attempts or salvaging these. You're sure to nail it and have an everlasting shitfaced grin.

Thats fucking funny, that is EXACTLY how I feel with an added bonus of special Olympics in there. How can I keep it any simpler? I dunno how people like Jack completely fucking KILL in those systems.. its a real head scratcher.

Weird you arent supposed to add nutes and such directly into the epicenter? I did all throughout my diesel grow, had no issues, in fact my patients just came and chopped them all down and took off very happy so was mine the exception? I like the results better from the hempy style grows been done, only real liking I have of the UC is the accelerated veg growth, but once my rooms are all completed all will be timed so a 2 month veg with hempies wont hender a monthly harvest or matter either.
I just call this my $4k+ test with a new growing method, and of course not moeny I have but had to experiment, and the last 1 too, was going to consider mpb's but wont waste time & money, going hempy baby!!!
I have seen failures both small and large in EVERY medium these plants have grown in....sorry but their isnt a fail safe for growing ANY plant....this system is cool and all but I too will be heading back in the perilite/coco medium for many of my next runs....and will also keep this UC running, just not with any of my elites or my own pollen chucking homemade crosses.
Good luck to you!!

Ya well you just did something right I guess, I dunno what to do, I got the system no sense in tossing it over my own dumbness I just have to find some new shit to put in them and probably start over with a Resevoir, RO UV water, and scrubbing that UC with bleach after these all finish dying.:evilgrin0040:

N

NRG

ouch that dude face planted like no other in the water.
Sometimes showers, sometimes flowers.:)
Next run will be stellar for sure.

B

Baddog

lol Nothin like a good face plant in the mud to cheer a guy up!

convex

convex

people need to realize that RDWC is fucked for growing plants worth their weight in gold. you can do everything perfect and you will still kill plants. people will tell you nonsense like your ppms were too high or your PH killed your plants, but the fact is they have no idea either why your plants died

Its cool at first to see how fast things veg in these systems, but harvesting is way more important than a quick veg time. you can do everything right and shit will still die on you. the only plus side to the systems is the veg time, I found bud size does not get any larger in these systems than in others, and it seems that unless ur growing vertical the plant grows to big and bushy and they choke each other out, making people yeild less than they would in soil

people like jack and ben are complete newbies to the system, 1-2 runs is nothing, youll need to talk to them after a 1ys and see what they think. you can bet after they randomly lose a $100,000 harvest they will be ditching the system.

Im guilty of it as well, a year ago I would have fist fought someone talking bad about the MPBs but after 7 great runs and 2 shitty, I lost about $50,000, and I decided that Im a retard and got back to basics. growing plants in water is not for me, and for most you of out there, its not for you either.

I too have found myself rethinking my switch to buckets from soiless ...
After a year of experimenting with RDWC I have come to the same conclusion, a fast veg does not equate to bigger yields; I find my plants are bigger and unruly, yet the yield does not warrant the amount of nutes required. Back to peat after this last run for me, at least I can diagnose some issues in soil ...

Cheers

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

ugh... well see when I was looking around online here there were not so many post about people having problems with the system only people blowing it the fuck up with monster plants and tiny issues.. I just need to figure out how to make MY system work since I already have it.

M

MediMary

take clones of the best looking plant. I bet once they root they will pick up. if you dont have acess to other clones might be a good idea.
good luck man.

H

Horse

Don't be discouraged I know experienced growers who had problems in there early stages with the UC.

F

FatFreddysKat

no system is foolproof and no system is guaranteed...shit just happens and you just need to get back up and do it again...like you said jh59 you just need to figure it out, as the system is already bought and paid for, now we just need to help you to get it to pay you back!!!!
I will get those clones we discussed going for you and when ready we can meet, till then MediMary had a good suggestion to take cuttings of your best looking lady ,as well as others suggesting...... a top off rez(adding 1 myself), and the KISS methodology. Hell mine recovered from over nute toxicity and my patients couldnt even tell except the no stretch that had occurred, as they asked why they were so short but have such cluster fucked crystally tops....so anyways with my rambling I can say my UC is fine , and we'll help you get yours to harvest a good yield as well!!!

B

bluewaves

keep it real simple dont do to much ,hows the temp at nite?just run it in plain water for now and just see if they come back,

Top Bottom