Post Your UC Problems Here!

• Thread starter jimmyhoffa59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Sorry but I cannot keep "rinsing and repeating" endlessly for the same shit to happen.. I have done it THREE times and something is just inherently wrong with my system and the roots. I took the healthiest Purple Mist and put it into a cup of water and will put the fucker in dirt...

The GDP that spurted back I put in a 5 gallon bucket with fresh water mild nutes and HEAVY airflow..

The rest went to the shit can.. I think you can tell the Great White I gave them a few times did SOMETHING.. as some of the very top roots were super fuzzy white.. but never-the-less the roots were nasty straight to the top of the media. I tried rinsing them off first just to see and it washed some of the brown off but mostly just stayed nasty looking.. If I were to trim the "bad roots" I would not have any.. hence why I canned them to bleach my fucking system, lines, pump, equipment a few times... change air stones, get RO system.. get a res.. and do the tea shit before I start another run. I am guessing it will be a month or more before I can start over with new plants..

Sad sad day.

http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/End4.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/End3.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/End2.jpg
http://i111.invalid.com/albums/n145/jimmyhoffa59/Grow/End.jpg:worried

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

BTW the roots in the pictures are how brown they still were after trying to rinse the fuck out of them again for the last time... Just straight grow.. NO FOUL SMELL at all but damn.. I cannot keep down a sick path. I am literally scared to try another run in my system because if that brown shit shows up again I am going to just go to dirt or something..

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Shit happens and then we die. :)

Good luck on next round. If you're tight financially and need meds you might try the epicenter outside the tent and reduced to a 4XL with some soil or coco on the other half of the tent as a less prone crop.

My paranoia of the root baddies has grown over the last week. Contemplating a switch to coco until I've got the financial reserves to risk crop failure.

Positive vibes. :bongsmi:

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Ya I actually have a LOT of room in the tent.. I can fit a bunch of smaller plants around in there.. I do not want to shrink the system right now I will just disinfect everything get the items I talked about and try again.. If I fail again I will oust the UC system and let someone who knows what they are doing with it buy it.

H

HannaMan

Hey Hoffa. I'm sorry if you've already tried this route, as I havn't been doing to much reading lately, but have you attempted a completely sterile route with fresh cuttings?

I would get some fresh cuts, first off, so you can start correctly with peachy white roots. Maybe got from a 1.5" cube to a 4 or 6" cube, keep them moist so the roots stay peachy white and then transplant once the roots have built a strong base popping out from the larger cube.

From what I have seen, Dutch Master A+B and Zone (thats it, nothing else) seems to work very well. Its just so thin, clean, its like colored water, with the addition of the Zone and some fresh reverse osmosis, and a chiller, no light leaks, it'd be hard to imagine how one would struggle with that nasty slime.

Once again, i apologize if you've already attempted these things and what not, as im sure its very frustrating to attempt over and over and have things be as rough as they have been for you.

Also, even though i'm sure this is not the cause of your issue, i would replace that blue scotch tape with something a little thicker and less likely to bleed light.

Sorry for all the troubles you're having man..i'm sure you'll hop back on that horse and get it dialed in no time. Best of luck

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I recommend vegging in the netpots outside the UC until you have roots coming out the bottoms of the pots

D

Donkdbz

after dumping the 1st round and the 2nd looking to repeat. Instead of wasting too much time I just transplanted instead.

You saw my nasty roots and here she is a few days back. You can see another on the right side that did not recover very well.

IMG_3746.JPG

Another leaves look crappy but she is growing like a beast 3 feet wide.

IMG_3754.JPG

My yield is gonna not be that great but better then losing a whole run imo

Y

yourmomsfav

agreed. anything is better than nothing. friggin electric bill gotta get paid somehow.

U

U C Truth

Hey Hoffa your the worst grower Ive ever seen, this UC shit is simple as shit figure it out already!!!! LOL oh yeah and get some cuts from a real grower next time, your clones need roots next time!!! LOL okay Ill go to bed now little drunk!

M

MediMary

Hey Hoffa your the worst grower Ive ever seen, this UC shit is simple as shit figure it out already!!!! LOL oh yeah and get some cuts from a real grower next time, your clones need roots next time!!! LOL okay Ill go to bed now little drunk!
Douchebag.jpg

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

HA ya aint that the TRUTH huh? Ya UC is just fucking growing itself.. I hear my clone hook up from back in the day aint liking it too much either eh?

U

U C Truth

Hey fucko's some of us actually know each other on here outside of cyberspace and can talk a little smack without the peanut gallery....

I got your back Jimmy boy ur next run will be fine bro.....

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Ya I guess a few people were partial to me after I showed I had a brown thumb and figured you were actually talking shit.

B

Baddog

Got a Buddy That Says Ive Killed more plants then hes ever grown! Sucked to be me When I first started Hydro! Lost 3 crops in a row all my errors! Hydro environment is a touchy bitch!

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I like Rollin's advice to get half your plants in a fail safe media like coco and keep experimenting with the UC.

Though given your medicinal needs you might put the UC on the back burner and go 100% coco for more assurance you'll get to the finish line. Then fire up the UC when you can afford the learning curve.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Eh I will give it one more run with RO and Rez and DM nutes.. See what happens. To sterilize my system I will run a bleach dilution through the system for a day or so, drain, run Physan 20, drain, run bleach and let air dry then rinse a few times, air drying in between. I will get new lines probably for all the air lines, new air stones, and do the tea solution in my new nutes run to keep benes in my system to safeguard since I do not prefer to run sterile.

G

GroovyHydro

Hey thanks U C Truth! You pulled off winning Hoffa the FREE Down Under Hydro-Fungicide Sample of the Week from groovyhydro.com !

Hoffa PM me any address I will send you a nice sample Hydro-Fungicde kit you can try out on your next run if you like.

Top Bottom