Post Your UC Problems Here!

• Thread starter jimmyhoffa59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Baddog

Id have to go with the flow and say no on that one to! Seams like the sugar would gum up every thing! And im really unsure about what it would do to your nute and Ph stability!

deacon1503

deacon1503

hey everyone... JH this thread has been a great place to find answers to questions about the UC. here is one I haven't found anyone ask or answer. Can I continue to use molasses in my UC? Have used it in all of my dirt grows and had great results. Of course I would dilute the Molasses with water before adding to the epicenter. if I don't see a reply to this soon I will let you all know what happens.

There are plenty of products available to replicate the effect of using molasses that are soluable and are ok for a rdwc system.

N

noone88

So is anyone else experiencing Ca and Fe deficiencies?

Switching over to Canna and doubling my CalMag to 10ml/gallon during veg and first 3 weeks of flower have seem to taken care of it.

I'm pretty sure it's the mag-drive pump taking out the Fe and the plants just need more Ca if you're using DWC-style grows.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
So is anyone else experiencing Ca and Fe deficiencies?

Switching over to Canna and doubling my CalMag to 10ml/gallon during veg and first 3 weeks of flower have seem to taken care of it.

I'm pretty sure it's the mag-drive pump taking out the Fe and the plants just need more Ca if you're using DWC-style grows.

running dm nutes w 3ml/gal techniflora magical - just starting 4th week of flower with white fire and she is a cal mag whore

this is when I usually see any issues that relate to cal mag and my shit looks awesome

M

MediMary

Heath Robinson is back posting for a bit, I was thinking of getting a bunch of questions together and then just posting them all at once for him.

anyone have any questions for mr Heath?

M

MediMary

I got these so far, anymore?

Do you use anything other than iconic, sillica and the occasional pk13/14.

Do you foliar feed?

Have you ever have had problems arise in the root zone, how did you go about treating it?
Do you think that a sterile system (IE: hf, zone, etc), or a benificial bacteria enriched solution would be better performance, or better yet, safer for dwc systems.
Possibly a combination of the two (my current favorite theory), using a sterile nute solution with a beneficial enriched root zone. I would also want to ask what his opinion is on why a plant would rot, just below the crown.

B

Baddog

I Personally Do Not Know who Heath Robinson is ( No Disrespect Intended ) All are good questions I will be interested in the answers!

M

MediMary

Heath has been doing rdwc probably about as long as anybody, oddly he is banned from this site, but I doubt that was the real heath, cause he is a cool cat, never gets mad or upset.
He has some tree grows, google his name = )

G

Grow4Flow

The coiled hose never kinks.

DO NOT let them cut into your back. Do not let them do it! They'll tell you they can fix you up right fine, but surgeons are a special breed of doctor (prima donnas, most of them in my opinion) and they think that as long as the bone is 'fixed' then everything else is peachy. They *will* fuck you.

I was injured back in '02 and fusion is what they told me I needed. I asked them, "What's the prognosis post-fusion? Isn't it pretty much exactly the same shit I'm suffering right now?" Answer: Yes, it's pretty much what I was suffering then. Less flexibility, pain with movement, sciatic pain, problems travelling down the body (I now have greater trochanteral bursitis along with problems in my knees). I am so glad I never let them cut me! I also know a fellow who pussed out and let them cut him, you should not only see the list of drugs he's on but read about the pain he's still in. Don't let them do it!

I can advise on the back-savers, I think. I now ride a motorcycle (yes, I'm licensed) and do plenty, even if it's not what I used to do I can still do a lot more than if I'd let them cut me. Btw, my father's a doctor and it was his influence that's taught me how to scrutinize doctors and what they're telling me. So it's not that I'm anti-western medicine, it's that I'm anti-bullshit from doctors.

Anything that saves us from bending and stooping is going to help us.

I couldn't explain it better except I was young and unknowing so I went with it. Once into body building and many outdoor sports, I can no longer any of it because I was convinced i should take the cut, Fuck! i wish i knew, i'm screwed for the rest of my life with rods and bolts holding spaces where discs should be but where scraped out. It has been ten years now and i just turned 35 but my back has not changed a bit for the better.

Anyways, sorry for the hijack, i will be picking up my new UC this week and look forward to you creating the path of do's and dont's

B

Bobby_604

I don't have a problem, but rather a question.

What size rockwool cubes do you find work best for the UC?

J

Jalisco Kid

Unless your sterile I would be adding sugars, What is there to gum up in a uc? Some think it will really swing your pH but mine stays pretty steady in my aero unit which recycles. JK

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Don't add sugar to your UC.....if you have one of JK's aero units it sounds like you can??

Avoid it in the UC, it's proven problematic. IMO

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh how did I end up unsubscribed from this? Someone changed the thread title, for sure, and stickied it as it should be. Here comes the debate again!

squarepusher

squarepusher

The coiled hose never kinks.

DO NOT let them cut into your back. Do not let them do it! They'll tell you they can fix you up right fine, but surgeons are a special breed of doctor (prima donnas, most of them in my opinion) and they think that as long as the bone is 'fixed' then everything else is peachy. They *will* fuck you.

I was injured back in '02 and fusion is what they told me I needed. I asked them, "What's the prognosis post-fusion? Isn't it pretty much exactly the same shit I'm suffering right now?" Answer: Yes, it's pretty much what I was suffering then. Less flexibility, pain with movement, sciatic pain, problems travelling down the body (I now have greater trochanteral bursitis along with problems in my knees). I am so glad I never let them cut me! I also know a fellow who pussed out and let them cut him, you should not only see the list of drugs he's on but read about the pain he's still in. Don't let them do it!

I can advise on the back-savers, I think. I now ride a motorcycle (yes, I'm licensed) and do plenty, even if it's not what I used to do I can still do a lot more than if I'd let them cut me. Btw, my father's a doctor and it was his influence that's taught me how to scrutinize doctors and what they're telling me. So it's not that I'm anti-western medicine, it's that I'm anti-bullshit from doctors.

Anything that saves us from bending and stooping is going to help us.

who are you to deny that nice doctor a new BMW?!

J

Jalisco Kid

Don't add sugar to your UC.....if you have one of JK's aero units it sounds like you can??

Avoid it in the UC, it's proven problematic. IMO

From pH swings or gumming up the sysytem?
If this is the way they want it ran, do they promote only sterile rez's? With my tanks and nutes the plants can not shit enough sugars to feed my bio-herd.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

JK, I believe you're experienced enough to pull off sugars in the system.....not certain how many other growers are though.

The UC system doesn't need to be sterile, and in my opinion it probably shouldn't be. The low dosages of food for your bio herd needs really shouldn't take much....and simple "sugar" is less effective to feed the tiny troopers than black strap, at least thats what soilfoodweb.com has proven

And with black strap you get the added Cal supplementation and improved solubility, especially when you combine it with a fractioned dose yucca.

M

Musashi888

Bennies to Benjamins...

Hey now all,

How basic or complex would you recommend for beneficials? Are ZHO (use as directed and crown-fed) and Aquashield (aqueous at 2.5ml/gal) effective enough or is there more that can be done? Does the ZHO need to be replenished every two weeks as the package suggests or is one app enough? how about the Aquashield? I would imagine the Aquashield would need to be replenished with every refill but should it be reinforced at all if the mix seems to agree with the plants for more than two weeks? None of the bennies need fed? According to this

http://urbangardenmagazine.com/2009/12/mycorrhizal-fungi-in-hydroponics-qa/

He says you shouldn't feed mycorrhizae but perhaps other fungi?

Sorry for all the Qs. I have had several UC disasters and I am trying to head off another one. I am stuck using plants with rockwool this time and Dan recommended only using bare root so I am a bit twitchy and this is my virginal voyage into bennies. You know, twitchy, that feeling that if you don't get it right, you're going to pull the plants right out of the rootball again and have to go get drunk like the last time I got dumped? :sad0123: Good thing that was 18 years ago...

Thanks again to you and to everyone for this information. Hopefully it will compensate for my foolishly inept attempts to date.

Puff, puff, pass... on the left hand side.

M

Top Bottom