Pot prices

• Thread starter Froto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Habosabin

Habosabin

It is strange when the same shop sells $600 oz and then has a 31% bargain strain with decent buds for $100. Most of the ppl I know aren't willing to pay $400 plus an Oz. I grow because it's just financial sense to me. Even with Cali electric prices I think I'm around $25 ton$30 an ounce which I think is ridiculously high compared to the rest of the country.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Outdoor is down to 5 hund in the OC. I saw decent indoor that could be had for 8 hund the other day. Rec is going for 1600 per taxes also. The prices are going way down. It happens !!!
Yeah its just soooo crazy. I don't buy weed I strictly grow for personal consumption. It just sucks because as a grower I can personally guarantee you that there is WAY more than $500 worth of time and work that goes into a pound. If you counted all the hours it took to create and trim that pound you can just go get a regular job (even a low paying one) and you will still make more money. It just goes against the generalizations that our society makes about how drug dealers make all this money. In reality its the opposite they are doing 10x more work then others and actually getting paid 1/4 as much in the end. Plus when you factor in the risk... Why bother? It's just not worth it.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Yeah its just soooo crazy. I don't buy weed I strictly grow for personal consumption. It just sucks because as a grower I can personally guarantee you that there is WAY more than $500 worth of time and work that goes into a pound. If you counted all the hours it took to create and trim that pound you can just go get a regular job (even a low paying one) and you will still make more money. It just goes against the generalizations that our society makes about how drug dealers make all this money. In reality its the opposite they are doing 10x more work then others and actually getting paid 1/4 as much in the end. Plus when you factor in the risk... Why bother? It's just not worth it.
Ya. But when I visit the grow shops here their clientele apparently can afford automated everything and trimmers that trim more in one minute than my entire year of personal growing. So they are the ones probably pushing the prices down me thinks.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Any outdoor will never be as good quality wise as top shelf indoor - IMO I’ve grown both
I don't know why no one has mentioned the seasonality aspect of all this. Fall outdoor harvest are getting larger in states where it is legalized because more and more people and big companies are gathering more licenses. The market usually corrects when the fall harvest dries up and only indoor growers are feeding the market predominantly. Federal legalization will shake things up but it will probably take a little bit of time before the hot arid states take over production completely because of their super low operating costs outside. Indoor bud is currently better but it wont take long for outdoors to catch up once federal legalization happens. At least this is my opinion.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
never have and never will consider someone that sells weed to be a "drug dealer." there are much cheaper to acquire, easier to conceal products that make 1000x what weed ever has (i'm talking about substances that make $10+ at 1/10th of a gram). those movers are drug dealers. a pothead trying to make some dough to feed his family or re-up on supplies for the next run is not.

Weed has historically been lower risk to produce and move than spinning up a clandestine lab to synthesize the more profitable substances, or to acquire exotics like heroin and cocaine which have to be imported from other countries. In my experience without moving significant bulk most weed growers that grow to sell, and not just for personal use, would break even with a little profit for a season just like any other agricultural cropper. As far as the law is concerned, it's still fucking those little guys since you now have the legal warehouse scale growers that can afford to take $500 a pound since they're moving such higher volumes under the protection of the law. That's a luxury guerilla growers never had, and the inherent risk in production was a primary driver in the pricing, regardless of cost of production.

The same basic economic law has always applied in the sense that if you can't move bulk, you're not going to make money, and we're seeing the real consequences of this now. Commodotized weed is the new norm and anyone with a passion either gets in with a bankroll and produces above average quality at scale for a reasonable profit or gets pushed out entirely and downscales so their head stash is on point. I'm thinking of it like the gentrification of weed.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

never have and never will consider someone that sells weed to be a "drug dealer." there are much cheaper to acquire, easier to conceal products that make 1000x what weed ever has (i'm talking about substances that make $10+ at 1/10th of a gram). those movers are drug dealers. a pothead trying to make some dough to feed his family or re-up on supplies for the next run is not.

Weed has historically been lower risk to produce and move than spinning up a clandestine lab to synthesize the more profitable substances, or to acquire exotics like heroin and cocaine which have to be imported from other countries. In my experience without moving significant bulk most weed growers that grow to sell, and not just for personal use, would break even with a little profit for a season just like any other agricultural cropper. As far as the law is concerned, it's still fucking those little guys since you now have the legal warehouse scale growers that can afford to take $500 a pound since they're moving such higher volumes under the protection of the law. That's a luxury guerilla growers never had, and the inherent risk in production was a primary driver in the pricing, regardless of cost of production.

The same basic economic law has always applied in the sense that if you can't move bulk, you're not going to make money, and we're seeing the real consequences of this now. Commodotized weed is the new norm and anyone with a passion either gets in with a bankroll and produces above average quality at scale for a reasonable profit or gets pushed out entirely and downscales so their head stash is on point. I'm thinking of it like the gentrification of weed.
Yeah true there is WAY more money in selling other substances. BTW when I used the term drug dealer I was speaking strictly from a more broad societal term. The average stiff who has never done drugs before and knows nothing about it, that person is likely to view cannabis as a drug. Personally I would never consider a cannabis grower a drug dealer but unfortunately for many less informed people it is still very taboo.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Yeah true there is WAY more money in selling other substances. BTW when I used the term drug dealer I was speaking strictly from a more broad societal term. The average stiff who has never done drugs before and knows nothing about it, that person is likely to view cannabis as a drug. Personally I would never consider a cannabis grower a drug dealer but unfortunately for many less informed people it is still very taboo.
It’s funny because the state does too unless they are collecting taxes on it.🙂

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It’s funny because the state does too unless they are collecting taxes on it.🙂
the same working stiff that views the corner weedman as a drug dealer is the same cocksucker that votes in the people that are in the pockets of the business people pushing out the little guys for that tax revenue plus those kickbacks. that's the ONLY reason i continue to grow in a legal state where it's illegal to grow personal. fuck the state and their vice tax and their shit weed. $50/eighth is a joke for keifed top shelf with a branded "elite" clone name on it. if they sold something comparable to the garbage i grow, i'd buy their shit and save myself the extra time and cost of production. until then, i'll grow and throw some at my patients for free and a few friends for a reasonable price.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
the same working stiff that views the corner weedman as a drug dealer is the same cocksucker that votes in the people that are in the pockets of the business people pushing out the little guys for that tax revenue plus those kickbacks. that's the ONLY reason i continue to grow in a legal state where it's illegal to grow personal. fuck the state and their vice tax and their shit weed. $50/eighth is a joke for keifed top shelf with a branded "elite" clone name on it. if they sold something comparable to the garbage i grow, i'd buy their shit and save myself the extra time and cost of production. until then, i'll grow and throw some at my patients for free and a few friends for a reasonable price.
Everybody should be aloud to grow a perfectly normal plant, seed and as many as you would like. No one will tell me how many plants I can grow, they will have to pry them from my lifeless fingers!🧑‍🌾

TSD

TSD

Ya. But when I visit the grow shops here their clientele apparently can afford automated everything and trimmers that trim more in one minute than my entire year of personal growing. So they are the ones probably pushing the prices down me thinks.
Big business killing the little guy... tale as old as, well, industrialization I suppose.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I live in southern Cali. and your lucky to get 300$ a pound for outdoor now if you can even sell it and if your from China and here growing you'll get maybe 100$. As for indoor in San Bernardino area fools are still trying to pull 3k a pound but that is Fu4in nuts who in there right mind would ever pay that. When I asked a guy how much and he threw that price at me I busted out laughing.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I live in southern Cali. and your lucky to get 300$ a pound for outdoor now if you can even sell it and if your from China and here growing you'll get maybe 100$. As for indoor in San Bernardino area fools are still trying to pull 3k a pound but that is Fu4in nuts who in there right mind would ever pay that. When I asked a guy how much and he threw that price at me I busted out laughing.
shit. 3k an elbow is what we used to get shipping to the south and midwest. even in new mexico, we would pay max 1700 a pound in the late 2000s/early 2010s for excellent cali weed.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Yeah I know like I said people here though think they got the "shit". Just cause it is the strain Runtz don't mean you work at cookies as a head grower LOL that is the kind of crap happening at underground dispensers now. But I grow some decent GG#4 and have to sell mine at fukin 300 to 400 a pound WTF. I lost a grip of money this year, I sell just to pay for my next grow and I'm way short cause of the rec laws passing and all the illegal Chinese and Cartel grows out here now. Shitty thing is when the cops bust these grows they only take some of the buds and leave a pile behind, so people are going over to these grow spots to see what they can "salvage" and find all this bud so now who has to buy any. You all are right this legalization did screw the little guy.
"

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

You guys know there is a place in my country where lb's are worth $12k.

Just wish i knew someone there ha ha but yeah true story amigo's, $12...fucking K.

Madmax

Madmax

Im coming baby
Screenshot 20211125 201245

RookieBC

RookieBC

In BC it's $3-500/Lb for outdoor. If you can find a buyer.
Most outdoor gets used for making extract and hash nowadays.
Yup most people aren't even breaking 1000 for their indoor anymore. Gone are the good old days where I middlemanned 32 lbs that buddy bought for $3,250 and I got rid of for $3,400 not a bad payday for making a phone call and exchanging hockey bags in the ice rink parking lot

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Yup most people aren't even breaking 1000 for their indoor anymore. Gone are the good old days where I middlemanned 32 lbs that buddy bought for $3,250 and I got rid of for $3,400 not a bad payday for making a phone call and exchanging hockey bags in the ice rink parking lot
Just wait tell everyone around me is dry, I'm going to get some of my Pounds Freeze Dried and store them LOL. Then stick it to the so called "friends" that have bent me over the last few months HAHAHA!!!

TSD

TSD

Back before legalization, well grown outdoor went for around 2k a pound in these parts, 6-700/ qp. If you had the balls to load up and make the 5 hour trek to the city, they'd pay 4-5k/lb all day long...that's well tended and cured top shelf outdoor, not guerilla grown fluffy bull. Fast forward less than a decade and people won't give 1000 cause they can get commercially grown shit sent from Cali for dirt cheap. Not that I grow to sell, I grow for myself, and if I'm lucky enough to have a surplus, I hit up my old school mountain men that are too old to grow thier own dank outdoor, and they give me a fair price cause they know how much effort went into it. Weed is gonna be like craft beer soon... you can buy bud light for cheap, or a good craft beer for a bit more. People will realize the commercial stuff pales in comparison to a lovingly tended small grow.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I didn't realize they keifed weed like that. That's a little deceptive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom