Pot prices

• Thread starter Froto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Fast forward less than a decade and people won't give 1000 cause they can get commercially grown shit sent from Cali for dirt cheap.
😮depends on who you know nowadays. Way less people taking the risk driving and the amount of home growers who want to make a living has increased 100x. The growers are taking it up the rear while the middle men benefit.
People tell me the outdoor Cali is getting a lot harder to drop anD not worth the drive as the demand for quality rises across the country.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

He said like a craft beer HaHa. Cool I want mine to be a thick hearty German Stout with High % Beer Goggles LOL. You are right that is why I am glad I found this forum even the genetics guys on this one are willing to teach a person that don't know shit they just want you to listen and take something away to give something back. That and some of the damm plants they have crossing and all I have never seen any like before so I'm going to buy up all the seeds I can LOL. Get my growing lessons down first and then try my hand at the genetics part. Need to learn a little more patients though years to craft 1 fringing plant, that is some time put in there LOL.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Back before legalization, well grown outdoor went for around 2k a pound in these parts, 6-700/ qp. If you had the balls to load up and make the 5 hour trek to the city, they'd pay 4-5k/lb all day long...that's well tended and cured top shelf outdoor, not guerilla grown fluffy bull. Fast forward less than a decade and people won't give 1000 cause they can get commercially grown shit sent from Cali for dirt cheap. Not that I grow to sell, I grow for myself, and if I'm lucky enough to have a surplus, I hit up my old school mountain men that are too old to grow thier own dank outdoor, and they give me a fair price cause they know how much effort went into it. Weed is gonna be like craft beer soon... you can buy bud light for cheap, or a good craft beer for a bit more. People will realize the commercial stuff pales in comparison to a lovingly tended small grow.
Yeah I sure hope so about the craft brew concept but I just don’t know. I think people will buy commercial dirt or just drift into the concentrate market for something extra. Sadly it won’t even be good concentrates bc it won’t be from super dank bud. I’d like to make an attempt at a commercial op and I feel the only chance of a small guy making it is to seek out super super rare and exotic strains and operate at the absolute lowest operating costs possible. Ooops that is my idea guys. Don’t take it 😜

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I agree with you though Johnlandy420, we would have to all band together and do a huge dank ass grow from either exotic, rare or new fresh genetics. I know the perfect spot to LOL right out my front door I live on 32 acers and my mom and pops have 40 lol. 72 total Huge grow, right next to a military base Lol. I have showed a few people a couple strains I've only seen here and my friends were like stoked to see a plant like that in general it was in the strains tab ummm Aurora Kush. The colors on the plant and all the shiny Tri's. If that type of buds was here where I live in Cali. no doubt I could get about 1200$ a Lb. right now shit year in a half ago 2200$ all day long. You know this is really all flu's fault. The norm around by me though is, until after New Years everyone has it and then suddenly everyone will need it.

SSgrower

SSgrower

My grow hasn't sold much so far, only three grows and this last one will flower out in late January, so I hope it will do well with my friends. Craft Cannabis Concepts id a name I've been throwin around for grins. SS

TSD

TSD

@MTLEADER
I'm a she... and yeah... I just don't get it. There are a plethora of morons willing to pay 60 bucks an eighth at dispensaries for run of the mill mid grade at best... I know that's what it goes for in a lot of states at the dispos, we only have medical dispensaries so far (except on the rez) and that's what they charge. My husband had a medical card for a while, we bought an eighth just to see what they were offering, and it was sad commercially grown, probably tumbled and barely a buzz crap. So 60 bucks an eighth works out to over 7500 per pound if my mental math is right... but then people scoff at paying a fair price for weed that was actually grown with loving care, outdoor or indoor, doesn't matter if it's dank as far as I'm concerned. It'll be a cold day in hell before I get rid of anything for less than 500/qp. Again, I don't grow with the intent to sell anyway, but if I have a surplus, it's a nice bonus. I'll hold on to it till spring when the outdoor has dried up and it's a hot commodity. Even the rez, (with thier own laws and regulations, they set up dispensaries days after the law was passed, the rest of the state will be planning the framework for rec dispensaries for a while yet) even they sell for 10 bucks a gram across the board... that's still over 4k a pound. 300-1000 a pound? Pffft, hard pass, I'll keep it and not have to grow at all next year. I guess the difference is people that are clueless about it and just stoked to be able to buy legally will pay it, and people that see an opportunity to exploit supply and demand are happy to fuck the little guy. Makes no difference to me, I'm gonna have dank ass outdoor to smoke and cook with regardless of what the market is doing. 🤷‍♀️🌬🌞

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
@MTLEADER
I'm a she... and yeah... I just don't get it. There are a plethora of morons willing to pay 60 bucks an eighth at dispensaries for run of the mill mid grade at best... I know that's what it goes for in a lot of states at the dispos, we only have medical dispensaries so far (except on the rez) and that's what they charge. My husband had a medical card for a while, we bought an eighth just to see what they were offering, and it was sad commercially grown, probably tumbled and barely a buzz crap. So 60 bucks an eighth works out to over 7500 per pound if my mental math is right... but then people scoff at paying a fair price for weed that was actually grown with loving care, outdoor or indoor, doesn't matter if it's dank as far as I'm concerned. It'll be a cold day in hell before I get rid of anything for less than 500/qp. Again, I don't grow with the intent to sell anyway, but if I have a surplus, it's a nice bonus. I'll hold on to it till spring when the outdoor has dried up and it's a hot commodity. Even the rez, (with thier own laws and regulations, they set up dispensaries days after the law was passed, the rest of the state will be planning the framework for rec dispensaries for a while yet) even they sell for 10 bucks a gram across the board... that's still over 4k a pound. 300-1000 a pound? Pffft, hard pass, I'll keep it and not have to grow at all next year. I guess the difference is people that are clueless about it and just stoked to be able to buy legally will pay it, and people that see an opportunity to exploit supply and demand are happy to fuck the little guy. Makes no difference to me, I'm gonna have dank ass outdoor to smoke and cook with regardless of what the market is doing. 🤷‍♀️🌬🌞
Very good point. A lot people are intrigued by the novelty of buying legal pot. Only time will tell if they demand quality

Madbud

Madbud

@MTLEADER
Are they selling over the counter at Hogansburg?

growsince79

growsince79

When USA goes fully legal with imports and exports and you can buy 1oz of imported oil for $10, what will craft buds be worth?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
People are obsessed with packaging. 😄even seeds, people want them in a A cute little pretty package. I saw them talking about it in a hash group on Facebook. Basically if you sell seeds out of a coke bag your a damn fraud😂. It if you put them in a sealed packaged your an OG. Can’t wait for 2022.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
When USA goes fully legal with imports and exports and you can buy 1oz of imported oil for $10, what will craft buds be worth?
Maybe like pharma tho, the prices will be artificially inflated? Nothing is as cheap as the cost of production would imply. Maybe it’s too early to predict. I can see a scenario where certain strains become IP’d and the price is always artificially hiked. So much research and optimization to be done first. I don’t feel as doomed about trying to make a living cultivating cannabis as long as I’m willing to adapt. TC, breeding, independent researcher which the government will contract out, clone bank, processor etc. Still very hard though without decent bankroll ☹️.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Some of the numbers u guys are throwing around makes my head spin🤪 here in Aussie land people are paying 400$ an oz for shitty pgr weed I don’t sell only grow my own personal for that very reason bring on legalisation in Aus I reckon👍

growsince79

growsince79

Some of the numbers u guys are throwing around makes my head spin🤪 here in Aussie land people are paying 400$ an oz for shitty pgr weed I don’t sell only grow my own personal for that very reason bring on legalisation in Aus I reckon👍
I wish they had made a law legalizing cannabis for personal grow and use while still banning all sales. Of course some people would still make a few bucks on the side, but the big corporations and governments would be out of the picture.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I
I wish they had made a law legalizing cannabis for personal grow and use while still banning all sales. Of course some people would still make a few bucks on the side, but the big corporations and governments would be out of the picture.
Id be happy with that mate for sure👍

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

In Michigan where it’s flooded, 500$. People still dont want it. The legal game has weeded out a lot of growers, inside and out. If it’s not top notch and then some, nobody wants it. I used to do big outside grows in the 90’s, till I bought a house in 2001. Just not worth it anymore.
Im in detroit and I call bullshit.

Madmax

Madmax

I do t want it legal here..fuck that.but i like growsince's idea for the people that are sick and allowed up to 4 plants and soo many oz's at any one time.....2-250 is all ive paid for good weed here for a very long time and i hope it stays like that..company greed can get fucked.

sambapati

sambapati

Yeah I sure hope so about the craft brew concept but I just don’t know. I think people will buy commercial dirt or just drift into the concentrate market for something extra. Sadly it won’t even be good concentrates bc it won’t be from super dank bud. I’d like to make an attempt at a commercial op and I feel the only chance of a small guy making it is to seek out super super rare and exotic strains and operate at the absolute lowest operating costs possible. Ooops that is my idea guys. Don’t take it 😜
Produce the best product at highest volume with the lowest cost --- every business everywhere...Businesses are like oak trees the best time to start was 20 years ago...

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Y
I do t want it legal here..fuck that.but i like growsince's idea for the people that are sick and allowed up to 4 plants and soo many oz's at any one time.....2-250 is all ive paid for good weed here for a very long time and i hope it stays like that..company greed can get fucked.
Yea I don’t pay for any weed let alone pgr but people up this end of the state 400$ no problem an oz of rubbish poison weed👍 I’d never seen pgr in TAS up untill bout 6 months ago now it’s everywhere

Top Bottom