Problems with GO CaMg+ vs Botanicare Cal-Mag?

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
isnt it nice that you as the grower get to pay (too much imo) to do the R & D for them?

E

ent

Agree'd. I tried this stuff out from a recommendation from a friend. It worked out well and I would totally use it again if i knew i was getting the exact same product. I don't want a learning curve every time i use the same product. I don't see a reason to move from calmag, especially since i use sweet, lk and pbp as well.

true grit

true grit

Yeah, so Ent- its just a calmag booster with hella extra? Seems like quite a bit, but if its uber chelated and cycle specific... aint nothin wrong there. Though doin R&D sucks. Lol.

Yeah you wouldn't need all the extra stuff. I feel I only really need calcium hence the calplex. So basically just boils down to preference i suppose....who wants to do side by sides? lol

D

dogless

Premium Member
Supporter
Imo, they just have a slight K deficency. Earth Juice has a product called Meta K that will solve your problems

O

Oregonic

Yeah, seamaiden, GO drops my PH a lot, but I have shitty water here and takes it from 8.4 down to 6.0-6.2 so it works.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good Christ, Oregonic, it drops it that much???

Since these girls are ONLY getting 100% RO/DI (deionization further strips minerals from the water) they must get both calcium and magnesium. Since they're in coco I've got to be careful how I play with potassium. Right now things are looking pretty good, and most important to me is that I'm finally (FINALLY!) getting the bud density that I've been after all this time.

One interesting thing I've noticed is that some of them, The Whites especially, have a greasiness to the buds. Yes, I confess, I touch my buds, I'll even give them a gentle squeeze now and then just to gauge their fatness. And then I smell my fingers. Don't tell me you don't smell your fingers, too! Just not after using fish emulsion, ever.

E

ent

Yeah, so Ent- its just a calmag booster with hella extra? Seems like quite a bit, but if its uber chelated and cycle specific... aint nothin wrong there. Though doin R&D sucks. Lol.

Yeah you wouldn't need all the extra stuff. I feel I only really need calcium hence the calplex. So basically just boils down to preference i suppose....who wants to do side by sides? lol

yah micros to the xtreme. i use it as a calmag replacement or just a supplement for micros. you're right in that i likely don't need all of those micros especially since i'm growing in soil with lots of drys added, so i'm sure those micros are covered somewhere. but i didn't notice any problems caused by it. i like using it closer to the flip rather than later due to the N though.

H

hailo

And then I smell my fingers. Don't tell me you don't smell your fingers, too! Just not after using fish emulsion, ever.

Too funny!!

The worst is when you forget you used the fishE....the accidental wiff!! :puke

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Too funny!!

The worst is when you forget you used the fishE....the accidental wiff!! :puke
There's another "worst" with FE, too. It draws hornets/yellow jackets, and if you're wearing... ahem, "short" shorts.... well, they bite. Be careful when bending over is my best suggestion, and keep your bits completely covered.

O

Oregonic

I guess I should note the PH drop is a result of using roots, bud, bloom and calmag, but yeah still huge drop!

I am proud to admit I smell my fingers..... I give a soft little rub on a fan leaf and take a wiff, my dog loves to lick fingers that have touched some thichs.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oregonic, I add CaMg+ first, before anything else. It will take a 6.0 pH and drop it to 5.3 every damn time. Then I add the other stuff, and it stays at 5.3 unless I add SM-90, then it comes up a little bit.

C

captaindank

Hey SeaMaiden,

Yes i had the same exact problem with GO CaMg+ Had really weird yellowing in the mid section, mostly mid sized fan leaves, but not the big ass lowers, just right in the middle, not even on the tops or new growth, right in the middle! It was the weirdest thing i had ever encountered. I also originally switched from Botani's Cal Mag, mainly because the CAMG was 0-0-0, where as the Botani was 2-0-0, figured hey i've got a few stretchy ones, the less nitro couldn't hurt, right?

Wrong! I have had nothing but problems with GO. As we all know, hydroponics and organics shouldn't even be used in the same sentence, but this stuff can't even store in a chilled res, large air bubbles for more than 12hrs before your house smells like the local dump! Dirty with a capital D, that's what i think of the GO. Not sure if they had a bad batch of CAMG, but i know i've seen a few threads on issues with that product.

Garden does look good, but i'm like you.....we've grown plants to week 6,7 before yellowing even thinks of coming around, and seeing it wk 4 or 5 is slightly devastating cuz we know there could be so much more!

Anyhow, looks like you have this prob. licked!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you very much, sir. I hope I do and have it solved for future runs.

Now I'm just about out of the GO CaMg+, so the family and I went to the new local hydro, and wouldn't you know it, I had a choice of exactly Sensi-Cal and Sensi-Cal. Grow and Bloom respectively. They had two HN products, but only these teeny little bottles and one was Ca and the other was Mg and I want simpler, not more complicated, and I need a gallon to start. The AN product's use rate is between 1ml-5ml/gallon, so I hope to HELL it's worth the price, just under $25 w/tax for a quart.

C

captaindank

Yes, AN's sensical. Did you get the one with all the trace elements on the label or the new one with a sales pitch? I've been trying to figure out if they changed the formula recently or if it was labeling issues with some states that seemed to have made them take the ingredients list of of almost all products now. I think the nute companies are pissed of now and are tellin the state well screw it, you don't think it works, we won't tell you it's in it! I've seen botanicare do it, now advanced, it is always changing so always keep peeped on the labels! sometimes companies get greedy, outsource a primary ingredient to save a buck and then we all think it's that same excelent product but surprise! :fighting0087: Nonetheless, what little AN i now use, i am glad to see that it is more concentrated!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, AN's sensical. Did you get the one with all the trace elements on the label or the new one with a sales pitch? I've been trying to figure out if they changed the formula recently or if it was labeling issues with some states that seemed to have made them take the ingredients list of of almost all products now. I think the nute companies are pissed of now and are tellin the state well screw it, you don't think it works, we won't tell you it's in it! I've seen botanicare do it, now advanced, it is always changing so always keep peeped on the labels! sometimes companies get greedy, outsource a primary ingredient to save a buck and then we all think it's that same excelent product but surprise! :fighting0087: Nonetheless, what little AN i now use, i am glad to see that it is more concentrated!

This shop that I visited is small and their stock levels are still pretty low. It didn't help that they had the guy who knows retail, but not growing, there at the shop, either. I sure did *not* want to buy it, but I have little choice at the moment because I've kinda blown through the CaMg+ with the hempy girls upstairs (who aren't hating it at all, no problems whatsoever with them).

I'll take a pic of the label, I read constantly of AN changing formulations. God damn it, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it! In any event, I think ent previously mentioned the grow formula of Sensical is 3-0-0 and the bloom is 2-0-0. My bloom formula is marked 3-0-0. It's also 2ml/gal across the board recommended dosing.

One thing I do have to note that I see is different about AN's labeling is that they have one thing I have yet to see on any other product--a 100% money back guarantee. I wonder if anyone's actually used that guarantee.

C

captaindank

yup that's the new stuff, i haven't heard of many complaints as to them not honoring the guarantee so that's a good sign, but i did get wind of them not refunding money for connie when it first came out, and rather offering product replacement. I think they had issues with the formula when it was first launched, and a lot of ppl returned it

Prob the same as the old, label just tells us less now. :wondering

Gotta go!

H

happyinmendo

You had a pH issue in the first picture that looks like it has been outgrown, my guess is the trip out of the country left someone in charge of adding water who didn't pH. You have lightening with brown half circles at the edges of the leaves... classic pH issues. They cause all the problems i see there.

Top Bottom