Progressive Options

• Thread starter Mike Hawk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

I'm going to go to progressive options this weekend. I'm done with craigslist and dispensary cuts. I've heard the good and the bad about them, but it seems to be the most reliable source at the moment.

So what are the tried and true strains that people have run from there? Preferably the OGs. They have the forum cut gsc right now so I'm grabbing those for sure if they have them. I've seen them on their Instagram and it's legit. So what else is good there? They have just about everything on the online menu right now available I was told by the staff. Thanks.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Watch for bugs and give everything a dip when you get home.

Get a few different strains as they are known to give out fakes and bunk cuts

Yeah I've read about that, but also that they have legit cuts as well.

Has anyone here ran their own strains, their "power" (sour dubble x master kush) or xxx (master x pre98 bubba)?

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

Good luck I'd advise you pop some beans yeah it's more expensive in the start but I've got fake cuts, pm BM you name it from p.o. Back in the day have at it the kiddies at Riu rave about them but yeah pop some seeds if you have the budget for it LA cup is coming up will be cuts there and fine genetics. Just a heads up

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

I dont like PO very much. I never really buy clones or anything really from dispenses. Ive heard the bad and the good about PO. Heard most of the strains are legit in genetics but usually weaker pheno's and dont trust them to be clean of mites or powderey mildew so take your precautions when u get cuts.

Black Berry Rhino that PO has: (gifted to me from buddy)

IMG 20131228 223920 383

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

I have lots of fire seeds, just not the space to pop them and sort through them. IMO it's a must to quarantine ANY new cuts from anywhere. I was more curious about their genetics themselves.

@Theoneandonly Z that blackberry rhino looks fire! How's the buzz on that? The blackberry on its own that I've had in the past looks pretty but lacks that hard indica punch.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

its bomb as fuck... hate to say it...

buzz is real mellow but will take you to the clouds. whats crazy is the smell. it smells just like blackberries/blueberries and taste just as bomb... didnt yield super heavy and didnt produce big knockers, but the quality is pretty legit in my book

K

knubs

don't go... i've spent a lot of money there in the past couple years and i've seen them digress further and further. their broad mite situation is out of control now and they just use powerful miticides repeatedly to keep them at bay, and the mites are slowly building a resistance to them and they also dud their strains at the same time. the broad mites ruin a strain for a long time even after they are gone. i've gotten at least 10 strains from there over the past couple years and every one was RUINED when i got it. i've been searching for earthshaker og (po #3) for a long time because of some bud i smoked of it and i never did get a clean cut. i bought a bunch of po #3 clones from PO and they were so badly infested with broad mites when i picked them up that i saw them everywhere under the scope. i still have that strain and it is so dudded (even though it is clean now) that it will barely grow. i am trying to flower some just to cross it with some pollen i have, but it won't even flower properly... it is the most damaged strain i ever got.
this is a short list off the top of my head of strains that were still dudded out and produced hemp like buds even after having a mom for a year or more- tahoe og, earthshaker og, skywalker og, skunk #1, power, ken's gdp, gsc, and blue dream... i've never once got to smoke flower of a strain i bought from them..

trust me, i know they have some great genetics, and i really wish i could just get some of the og's straight from po, but it's impossible now. i've been trying and i've given up on them after what they've cost me... their root aphids and pm aren't bad, but their broad mites problem is too much... it sucks running a crop that comes out to be hemp that smells like hay.

mr roboto

mr roboto

I wouldnt go at all but I grew out some decent earthshake og outside which reminded me a lot like tahoem other than that I had everything else riddled with broad mites and pm

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
You can kill all the live ones with CO2 or Neem oil. You do have to stay on top of it until all eggs have hatched.

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Sorry bro but that was not the case with what they had including aphids. I wouldn't wish what I went through on anyone. Their bugs laughed at neem and bathed in it

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Ya no doubt. So cal bugs have a crazy tolerance. The only advice I have is building a prevention method and weekly sprays. I put in my regimen. I might see a couple flyers maybe a mite or two, but there is no way they can over populate and dominate my crop. I've been through all types of infestations, the one and done method always fail and I take a 10-40% hit on yield... not worth it to me

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Sounds like GMO bugs like the ones being developed for the DEA. Wonder why the Feds are not feverously attacking the med and legal cannibis states ? They have bigger plans! From herm pollen bombs to GMO bugs! Yes isn`t science wonderful?

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

MC, I've never dealt with super mites before, but these are a different breed. GMOs might be a culprit, but I think its do to the vast amount of growers that do not know how to treat pest issues properly. Most look for the easy one and done treatment process using crazy chemicals... I believe this is a major contributer to

K

knubs

Sounds like GMO bugs like the ones being developed for the DEA. Wonder why the Feds are not feverously attacking the med and legal cannibis states ? They have bigger plans! From herm pollen bombs to GMO bugs! Yes isn`t science wonderful?

Progressive Options is THE reason they are so resistant. i've talked to the owner and he almost straight told me that they were trying to make them chemical resistant.
i wish it were as simple as using neem with these bastards... but even avid and forbid are quickly becoming useless thanks to PO.

i've never been scared of a bug, but these broad mites have kept me on my toes and have cost me thousands. i finally think i am approaching the end of my battle though, and it looks like i'm going to win.

so when are all of us going to band together and run PO out of town?????? i mean that literally too.. i honestly believe they are trying to eliminate the grow scene by breading super bugs. they are doing a very good job too... every grower in California should be spreading the bad word about progressive for the sake of everyone. i don't know why there isn't a sticky'd thread titled "Beware Progressive Options"

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

U can point a finger all u want. I don't like po and would never have their back but those allegations are pretty "off the chart". I know one of the main suppliers of po, dude has had every problem I can think of. He also treats the issues he has dealt with in an unethical way - avid, forbid, floramite, eagle20, etc... so yes a super bug might be the case. But I dont think this wasever the intention. MOre of a way to maintain cash flow... I believe there is a good % of farmers that are guilty of the same.

On a brighter note. These species have not evolved (yet) to defeat their own predators. These predators can be found as beneficial mites or in caps og bio war. If used properly, u wouldn't have to worry about immunity resistance. U might have to change a style of gardening but usually its for the greater good

S

ssteely71

I have ran a cut I personally got from PO. IT WAS GARBAGE. Harlequin was the cut.
I wasted time and money on PO. What they may tell you over the phone is a different story once your there.
My friend grew out 50 of their TahoeOG outside and it was a very weak version of an OG. I called and was told that their seed menu was updated, I got in my car and drive there to find that their seed stock was practically depleted. They have supposedly reopened since then and say they are better. But I would use caution with PO.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Well I gotta say, my strains are looking proper 2 weeks into flowering, and I didn't get any bugs. They did spray them with something there and I treated them once I got them home also.

I ended up with king louie og, tahoe og, sfv og, forum cut gsc and xxx. Every strain is a perfect representation of what it should be so far. They didn't have the gsc ready but they cut me some raw clones in the back real quick and they rooted right up. I called the day before I went and they sat aside my cuts for me even though it was below their minimum order.

One of my sfv's was NOT rooted at all and one of my king Louie's was definitely some other strain so I threw those two out. I don't believe it was done intentionally out of malice. All in all I had a great experience with PO.

Top Bottom