Progressive Options

• Thread starter Mike Hawk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Leaf twisting and crinkling is also a trait of some genetics. The picture I posted with the leaf twist is a forum cut gsc. I don't know about that strain but I know it's a trait in the gorilla glue #4.

N

nightmarecreature

Leaf twisting and crinkling is also a trait of some genetics. The picture I posted with the leaf twist is a forum cut gsc. I don't know about that strain but I know it's a trait in the gorilla glue #4.

The forum cut does not do that. That pic of the forum had BM, atleast the start of it. Blistering is not normal.

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

Another thing I might add about that plant is I got it as a raw cutting and rooted it myself. It didn't show that twist or anything out of the norm until I put it in a super soil mix and watered it a few times without ph'ing due to the organic soil. She didn't like that soil at all while my xxx loves it.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

The forum cut does not do that. That pic of the forum had BM, atleast the start of it. Blistering is not normal.
I've never seen a weed blister before.
What I saw in his pics looked like something from a folier spray or something that dripped on top during watering

Twisting ime is from pH. I noticed it the most serverly in my systems that were most prone to pH swings. Aeroflos to be exact

N

nightmarecreature

PH does not cause blistering, that's from BM. Go on ICmag and read the broadmite thread, there's plenty of pictures. PO is notorious for passing BM infected cuts, just about everyone of their clones has it.

N

nightmarecreature

Here's different examples of what broad mite damage looks like. The last two pics are my GSC and Cherry pie that were both infected by BM's.Sometimes only one leaf will be infected with BM's and the rest of the plant is clean but it will spread eventually.
User180403 pic943677 1348544167

Girl Scout Cookies
Cherry Pie

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

N

nightmarecreature

Using a scope is the only way to know for sure. How is using a scope unreliable? Are we suppose to throw bones on the ground and read them?

Yeah, I used a scope, I found eggs and BM's on those clones.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Using a scope is the only way to know for sure. How is using a scope unreliable? Are we suppose to throw bones on the ground and read them?

Yeah, I used a scope, I found eggs and BM's on those clones.
I missed a comma there. What I pulled from the ic thread was that the only way to tell for sure is with a scope.

I still don't understand why your so confident about the bm. Especially since @Mike Hawk said they were clean when he scoped them

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

Well that's good I've heard the new management is doing better but I still see a couple of familiar faces on their instagram from back in the day when BO had bms,pm,sm you name it and wtf is up with them still having mislabeled cuts in 2014?? Was tempted to get the animal cookies cut not going to lie but fought the urge considering I have a few cookie cuts and a pack of archive somoas just chillin can't justify the risk. Make sure you check your cuts mike a guy on IC found spider mites on his po cuts a few weeks back. Lets face its 2014 and all they do is sell cuts why can't they verify what they have and make sure its pest free?? So cal deserves better.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

tip of the trade: if you purchase clones from a third party always assume the worse, you wont make an ass out of yourself on this one. BM is now common in So Cal. much luck fighting the good fight.

if your leaves are taco-ing and there is no evidence of BM, chances are that the place you got them from had BM and treated clones with avid, floramite, or forbid before selling them. If they didnt do a good job then those little fuckers will unleash hell on your ass.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Alot of mites get dragged into their store from the clothes of growers bringing them from other grows, any place that sells clones is going to be plagued with mites. This is just part of the game. You can't stop them, you could have a couple thousand in the cuff of one persons jeans. Key is to not bring fresh cuts into a grow room. the mites need lots of fresh vegetation to multiply otherwise they are colonizing some gangly cuttings which doesnt last long. If my cuttings had mites, the fact that there were no plants already in the room, there wasnt a habitable environment for pests to survive. Have an isolated veg chamber across your property if you expect to bring in cuts from a storefront. Otherwise bring in that first round, and make clones of those clones. Get one of each strain u want as moms and dont expect to have a constant cycle of fresh store boughts unless you quarantine them. That's my two cents. I know I had mildew already but it was more likely to be caused by me. I know if the cuttings had mites, they prob arent super mites, but just fresh mites brought in AFTER the clones were dipped the night before. Common sense here people, no government dea conspiracy tinfoil hat shit.

I came here expecting the worst, but also hearing decent stories. My experience, as long as the mildew was an isolated incident caused by me not having proper ventilation.... then so far has been really good and the genes are definitely pretty solid, the kryptonite cut is gnarly.

Also the leaf curling can be PH and taco'ing is a nutrient issue. When you are on a fox hunt, you'll be barking up every tree. Yes could be some remnant of a broad mite infection or could be what more commonly causes such symptons.

This is my OPINION. and you know what they say about those. ;)
female mite can go dormant for weeks on end, so you don't exactly need vegetation alive at home to have mites get your clones you just brought in....

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Kind of like going into a hospital and being exposed to every kind of illness. If I go into a grow shop or dispensary I take a shower and change before going near my plants! And with an inside grow everything I bring in gets scrubbed up good! Now outdoor there are always some wild predators on your side as well as bad bugs and mold spore. The sun`s UV helps with mold spore and seems plants build up a defiance on there own ,but not so indoors so much.

ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

Good luck Geno I really mean that hope you get fire and not duds... p.o. Is one of the reasons I pop beans these days NOT everybody can/chooses to hit their plants with forbid avid chems along those lines ...."pop beans" a lot more fire out in bean form than back when I was going to p.o. Around the time swerve was just getting cc up and going when only organic and ape supplied them lol the WeedTRACKER days.

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

Interested to see how these turn out, and if what PO has in their stable is legit. Ran gear from them years ago, but it never turned out too good, I was a newb @ The time though so who knows
T

OGkushistein

OGkushistein

I'm just sitting here drooling waiting for you to give the word that the KingLouie is dank so i can snag a few cuts myself ... KingLouie13thXSr71 aka LVPK ..KingPurps.. PurpleKing .. a diamond waiting to be born

Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk

I'm just sitting here drooling waiting for you to give the word that the KingLouie is dank so i can snag a few cuts myself ... KingLouie13thXSr71 aka LVPK ..KingPurps.. PurpleKing .. a diamond waiting to be born
I can already tell you that the king louie is the real deal. Absolutely covered in trichomes and reeks of og. And not as fussy as the tahoe and sfv. And fatter buds. Guaranteed legitimate genetics. I understand that PO can be hit or miss, give bunk genetics, bugs or what have you but I am just speaking on my one and only experience with them. In fact one of the Louie's I received was clearly not louie, so I threw it out but I don't believe it was intentional, as all the other cuts I received are gems. I wish I had more room so I could flower out the other stuff I got from them, but I'm stuck on the louie and tahoe (pic above is their tahoe btw).

Latest posts

Top Bottom