PROOF

• Thread starter Compost Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The Hypothesis is Organically grow CANNIBIS is Superior to ANY chemical. With a METER it'll become theory. I'm working on saving$ 800. To complete my Hypothesis. I used to buy " Hydro" Got really sick and tired of looking, smelling really nice. It means NOTHING. A 1-2 BUZZ. Crap man CRAP. UNTILL you smoke each one chemical vs. Organic Then and ONLY then can we have this discussion

When we blind tested organic soil only supplemented with minimal organic fertilizer against the same soil with chemical based fertilizer no one could tell the difference with any regularity. Mrs. MMG and me either.

And i have tried plenty of organic and hydro weed for 35 years. mostly right from the growers and i feel the environment and the grower are by far the most important factors to quality. Method not so much.

I do like growing in potting soil though for many reasons.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The only thing scence has proved so far is that some fruits and vegetables develop more flavanoids as a result of natural biological breakdown and uptake.

But it has not been proven for cannabis as far as i know.

As far as high times winners the highest thc and most winners for decades have been hydro. They have a “cup winner methods” article out there somewhere.

Marketing is focusing on organics lately. That is obviously true. Just maybe not the claims. ;-)

I like a hybrid system to cover all angles personally.
Now would this be a hypothesis or a theory... And finally we get a good explanation. Thank you sir.

C

Compost Man

When we blind tested organic soil only supplemented with minimal organic fertilizer against the same soil with chemical based fertilizer no one could tell the difference with any regularity. Mrs. MMG and me either.

And i have tried plenty of organic and hydro weed for 35 years. mostly right from the growers and i feel the environment and the grower are by far the most important factors to quality. Method not so much.

I do like growing in potting soil though for many reasons.
Hydro can be chemical or organic grown. I've my own Compost and in it is every micro- nutrient NPK and is alive. Dude I water once a day, that's it, from start to finish. Peace out Brother ✌️

C

Compost Man

I'm as peaceful man that will and I do listen to EVERYONE. There's no hostility, none Brother. We're all here together, Cannibis cultavation is definitely Debatable on how to 🖐👈💙
Here's something for thought. I've Glacoma and have to put drops in both eyes 2× per day. CANNIBIS is good for it. But I couldn't possibly toke on my stuff every three hours. I've learned not to toke 3 hrs. Before drops, my God my eyes feel as dry as a Desert. Tell me this, WHY DOESN'T CHEMICALLY GROWN CANNIBIs do that ? AFTER ALL THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE right?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hydro can be chemical or organic grown. I've my own Compost and in it is every micro- nutrient NPK and is alive. Dude I water once a day, that's it, from start to finish. Peace out Brother ✌
I don't doubt you. I run a live system and my nutes have a small amount of organics. It can be done but can be challenging.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here's something for thought. I've Glacoma and have to put drops in both eyes 2× per day. CANNIBIS is good for it. But I couldn't possibly toke on my stuff every three hours. I've learned not to toke 3 hrs. Before drops, my God my eyes feel as dry as a Desert. Tell me this, WHY DOESN'T CHEMICALLY GROWN CANNIBIs do that ? AFTER ALL THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE right?
I do think there is a difference. But again I'm stuck on what you classify each as.

I do believe that organic nutrients benefit the microbiology and in turn help the plants. It's why I run a live hydro system. Now exactly all and what those benefits are I can't say and I don't think science can yet either as it's still being researched.

I do believe synthetic nutrients are not sustainable and organic nutrients should be used in farming and have much less impact on the environment all around.

However I don't believe and would dispute that synthetic nutrients make plants "toxic" or "chemical" if using quality nutrients that aren't tainted. Plants will passively take up some toxins but that cannot be linked to either. The plants take up nutrients in elemental form that are comprised of various chemical makeups from either sources and process them into further compounds that is uses for various functions.

C

Compost Man

I do think there is a difference. But again I'm stuck on what you classify each as.

I do believe that organic nutrients benefit the microbiology and in turn help the plants. It's why I run a live hydro system. Now exactly all and what those benefits are I can't say and I don't think science can yet either as it's still being researched.

I do believe synthetic nutrients are not sustainable and organic nutrients should be used in farming and have much less impact on the environment all around.

However I don't believe and would dispute that synthetic nutrients make plants "toxic" or "chemical" if using quality nutrients that aren't tainted. Plants will passively take up some toxins but that cannot be linked to either. The plants take up nutrients in elemental form that are comprised of various chemical makeups from either sources and process them into further compounds that is uses for various functions.

Reactions: Ina
C

Compost Man

That's Organically grown GDP'S, THAT'S ALL IS NEEDED.

IMG 20190727 152628102
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Whos cannabis do you keep referring to that isnt is good as yours?

I hope we arent talking about dispensary weed?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
A better way to test this would be growing 2 clones from the same mom side by side and have a judging panel compare them in a blind triangle test.

This is a universal test for discerning differences between products using statistical datasets. Only barrier is you need as many people as possible to participate, as the more people you have, the more reliable your data set is.

Each panelist is given 2 of the same product, in this case 2 hydro buds, and 1 of the different product, the organic bud.

Panelists sample them all and are asked to identify the odd one out, and if enough people are able to identify it beyond the level of random chance, you have statistical evidence that one is perceived differently.

Panelists who correctly identify the odd one out then answer further questions like which they preferred and why, and general questions about how each was perceived. And after running a test where the odd one out is clearly identified you can then have it tested for cannabinoid and terpene content to see exactly WHAT is different about them.

I'd honestly love to see someone carry out these triangle tests on all kinds of things from lighting, to nutrients, curing, wet vs dry trim, organic vs hydro, the list of testable variables with pot growing is super long... In fact, I just might do this myself. 🤔

Last edited:
C

Compost Man

A better way to test this would be growing 2 clones from the same mom side by side and have a judging panel compare them in a blind triangle test.

This is a universal test for discerning differences between products using statistical datasets. Only barrier is you need as many people as possible to participate, as the more people you have, the more reliable your data set is.

Each panelist is given 2 of the same product, in this case 2 hydro buds, and 1 of the different product, the organic bud.

Panelists sample them all and are asked to identify the odd one out, and if enough people are able to identify it beyond the level of random chance, you have statistical evidence that one is perceived differently.

Panelists who correctly identify the odd one out then answer further questions like which they preferred and why, and general questions about how each was perceived. And after running a test where the odd one out is clearly identified you can then have it tested for cannabinoid and terpinoid content to see exactly WHAT is different about them.

I'd honestly love to see someone carry out these triangle tests on all kinds of things from lighting, to nutrients, curing, wet vs dry trim, organic vs hydro, the list of testable variables with pot growing is super long... In fact, I just might do this myself. 🤔
That's what I'm talking about BROTHER. Keep an open mind.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Panelists who correctly identify the odd one out then answer further questions like which they preferred and why, and general questions about how each was perceived. And after running a test where the odd one out is clearly identified you can then have it tested for cannabinoid and terpinoid content to see exactly WHAT is different about them.

We have done much of this kind of testing. I blind tested with my patients.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

ALL MINE BROTHER I'VE NEVER BEEN TO A SMOKE SHOP

Maybe you are not so good at fertilized container growing? Feeding issues are the main reason growers try water only methods.

No offence meant here. But good hydro will be all the things you say its not. Any good grower with any method actually.

Overfed and cut early and or bad envirenment is usually the reason for weak weed.

Top Bottom