Pulse pro with Exhale bag

• Thread starter dreamnfox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SpaceCowboy72

I run a gorilla tent which I believe to be a quality tent. I don’t think it seals well enough though that I’d go through the time and expense of supplemental co2. To each there own, it obviously works for you. Personally I believe it a waste in a tent.
I have a 4x4 gorilla tent running CO2 with a 26 lb bottle and it lasts about 4 weeks. ( definitely get a controller.)
I can say without a doubt, it is the single biggest thing I changed this grow and it most definitely works.
I tried exhale grow bags but now looking back if had to do it again I wouldn’t hesitate to get a proper cO2 setup.
I am simply mesmerized by the effect it had. It’s ok, I wasn’t a believer until I tried it myself. ✌🏻

freezeland2

freezeland2

I have a 4x4 gorilla tent running CO2 with a 26 lb bottle and it lasts about 4 weeks. ( definitely get a controller.)
I can say without a doubt, it is the single biggest thing I changed this grow and it most definitely works.
I tried exhale grow bags but now looking back if had to do it again I wouldn’t hesitate to get a proper cO2 setup.
I am simply mesmerized by the effect it had. It’s ok, I wasn’t a believer until I tried it myself. ✌🏻
Never said co2 isn’t effective.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

So the bag is in a bucket. Intake fan blowing almost constantly. Co2 is over 900. At this level should my temps or humidity be higher? Or are my numbers good. I am running fairly high dli in veg but the plan is to flip them soon.

Screenshot 20220611 103917 Pulse
20220611 103856
ninjadip

ninjadip

Is your tent sealed, no exhaust?
The bags can take more than two weeks to be at full productivity. You can tell where it's at by how much mycelium has grown in there. In the picture below you see that the bag is near solid white, it's in full swing. While maybe not 1200 ppm, I don't have a sealed tent, which would require some serious dehumidifier work to capture the perspiration from the plants and the high moisture produced from the mushroom bag. I think 900 is plenty good for still ventilating, IMO that the $30 bag has shown its worth, for a small grow it works.

PXL 20220802 202514371 1
PXL 20220802 205946945
PXL 20220802 202508828
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

The bags can take more than two weeks to be at full productivity. You can tell where it's at by how much mycelium has grown in there. In the picture below you see that the bag is near solid white, it's in full swing. While maybe not 1200 ppm, I don't have a sealed tent, which would require some serious dehumidifier work to capture the perspiration from the plants and the high moisture produced from the mushroom bag. I think 900 is plenty good for still ventilating, IMO that the $30 bag has shown its worth, for a small grow it works.
Agreed, now that i am in flower i might add one more

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Agreed, now that i am in flower i might add one more
I’d love to see where this goes. I’ve got sealed tents and grow mushrooms in mass. I wonder what the mycelium is?

I agree it is mycelium growth and not some baking powder like reaction going on there.

I could experiment here on this too I have a pair of sealed 4x8s that have injection from a tank. I’ve got some new very accurate sensors I can put to the test. Currently building out the grow space again with new hardware so no plants. Maybe I’ll buy a bag and try it this weekend.

47EA8B0A 277B 4C25 ADF0 E13AD6DA233F

B1127009 7A21 41F0 8B9A AE27E9B1F91B

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I’d love to see where this goes. I’ve got sealed tents and grow mushrooms in mass. I wonder what the mycelium is?

I agree it is mycelium growth and not some baking powder like reaction going on there.

I could experiment here on this too I have a pair of sealed 4x8s that have injection from a tank. I’ve got some new very accurate sensors I can put to the test. Currently building out the grow space again with new hardware so no plants. Maybe I’ll buy a bag and try it this weekend.

View attachment 1267520
View attachment 1267521
Great, even with my unsealed tent and fans running almost nonstop my co2 us between 700-900

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Great, even with my unsealed tent and fans running almost nonstop my co2 us between 700-900

What was it before the bag was added again? So the bag is raising ambient co2 in your whole basement by how much? I’m trying to wrap my head around what seems impossible on paper.

ninjadip

ninjadip

What was it before the bag was added again? So the bag is raising ambient co2 in your whole basement by how much? I’m trying to wrap my head around what seems impossible on paper.
I can say that I had 350-400 in tent before bag, 900 after, 2x4 tent, with exhaust fan constant to combat humidity

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So here’s my cognitive dissonance. I can grow 40 bags that size of lions mane or other wood eating mushrooms in the same basement as my tents and don’t experience this high co2. I wanna know what is in that bag!

How can she even breathe?

There is a disconnect somewhere that I am not seeing.

Frostie069

Frostie069

This experiment was done with just the basic bag
so can I ask, initially you weren't getting much out of the bag while it was hanging?

you've put the bag into a bucket and on the floor and are now seeing increased readings? as well as growth?

ninjadip

ninjadip

So here’s my cognitive dissonance. I can grow 40 bags that size of lions mane or other wood eating mushrooms in the same basement as my tents and don’t experience this high co2. I wanna know what is in that bag!

How can she even breathe?

View attachment 1267540

There is a disconnect somewhere that I am not seeing.
I have heard that if you cut the bags open, oyster mushrooms will come out and the c02, but not the slow release you get with the bag mostly sealed. That's what I heard, somewhere. I haven't confirmed this

ninjadip

ninjadip

so can I ask, initially you weren't getting much out of the bag while it was hanging?

you've put the bag into a bucket and on the floor and are now seeing increased readings? as well as growth?
I've read to hang it because c02 is heavy. But if it works it works.

Frostie069

Frostie069

I've read to hang it because c02 is heavy. But if it works it works.
me too but I'll give it a go if its working. I currently have hanging but wanted to add more, or go bottle, I might wait until I build a sealed room for that.

I have watched a YouTube video where they put the mushrooms into a sealed bucket with an air pump (pumping air in) and airlines (out takes) running to the back of circulation fans blowing directly at the plants. cracker idea I think

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have heard that if you cut the bags open, oyster mushrooms will come out and the c02, but not the slow release you get with the bag mostly sealed. That's what I heard, somewhere. I haven't confirmed this
Ok I’m gonna find out this weekend. I’ll grab a sample and grow it out on rye grain to see what we got before I start testing. Thx for the heads up.

If this is just oysters I can save you guys some money lol

Top Bottom