--- Quality Over Quantity --- (new Member Post)

• Thread starter QoQ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QoQ

QoQ

Thanks alot for your reply.

Though it's virtually impossible for me to tell you the temperatures reached 50° lol. I have never used a 600w bulb in this im using a 250w...

It's my first time so of course I have stuff to learn.

Are you saying I shouldve used roughly 600w (2 300w led lamps)?
Because ofc the price in electricity would've been next to nothing using led. Though I was worried that using leds isn't as good as hps bulbs.

Please let me know, if I was to buy auto seeds would I be more benefiting than waiting 4 months ish per harvest...

Also what lights do I keep the auto seeds on? Thanks alot

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Id be running that 600w All day for flower. find a way to run that w/ out creating heat issues and youll see a bigger harvest for sure.

Gary Host

Gary Host

Because ofc the price in electricity would've been next to nothing using led. Though I was worried that using leds isn't as good as hps bulbs.

Please let me know, if I was to buy auto seeds would I be more benefiting than waiting 4 months ish per harvest...

With autos you can get by using less output because you can have them accumulate energy over longer periods of time 18/6, 20/4, 24/7 and they will still go in to flower. The total energy needed will still be pretty much the same, tho.

LED's don't really win you any money of your energy bill directly. The par micromol is pretty much the same. But you can definitely save some electricity on secondary draws from not needing a/c units etc. Also buds grown with led tend to have more flavor and effect, this has been generally appointed the uvb output (of white diodes), the low heat, and usually more accurately calibrated nm output.

To be honest, the CREE cobs are probably the best led's for growing atm. But there's nothing to say we can't run both hps and led's at the same time, as replacement of hps I think cree´s are the only way. The disco panels isn't stacking buds really well enough.

But the thread is called

Quality Over Quantity ..

I can't see this getting done without LED .. or rather I can't see it being done with hps alone. If anything you would need some source of uvb light, since unless you have a quartz glass bulb, your hps is filtering all the "goody nanometers" out. Don't get me wrong, if you have good genetics that you grow in a good way, you will still get superb quality. But it can't match the same strain being grown under the same conditions, but with uvb and good temperatures.

Then there's feeding and amendments etc ... Brix

But only talking light source, you'll need 65w / sq ft as minimum for maximum potential. This goes for hps and led alike. And for led we're talking about the power it draws at the wall, not the accumulated potential of the numbers of diodes. Look for the "actual draw".

Then sure, you can get by using less, and LED definitely have the potential to give higher quality crop for less than the quality of crop you get from using less of hps. What I'm saying is 150w of led if it's a good panel or cob, will probably give you better quality than 150w of hps.

But the minimum for maximum potential is still 65w / sq ft. And that includes the cree´s.

To achieve best quality, your main priority will always be your environment. Airflow, temperature, co2 levels..etc
Then feeding (check on High Brix)
Then Energy (lights)
When all those variables come together in symbiotic harmony, is when you will have the best herb in babylon.

I am NOT a led fanatic. But it's an energy source with alot of potentials. Especially if you plan on growing for a while and not just do "a run". Led's are rated to last 50'000 hours, that's 12 years. A hps bulb starts its decline at the moment you turn it on the first time. And many growers recommend you change your bulb after every grow. Ballasts every 3 years and reflector atleast one time per year.

Either way, supplement some uvb, and stay on top of your grow room environment. That's essential for premium quality crop.

Gary Host

Gary Host

Also, QoQ .. what is that soil you have them in ? It looks like pieces of bark and stuff .. what nutrient regime do you run for them ?

Oh I read back a bit and noticed your energy fedinklings .. For most efficient use of a "smaller" light, consider utilizing the Scrog method. Your entire plant, or the parts that you want from it, will receive an even radiation of energy, providing the best use of your light-source.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+grow+marijuana+in+a+scrog

Last edited:
QoQ

QoQ

Miracle grow is what I've used.

I just need to figure out a good pattern and what to grow / setup lol.

I vegged using 24/0 I shouldve done 18/6 or something. .. would've lowered the costs...

Am I better off throwing 6 autos in my tent or shall I just use 3 fem normal seeds?

Also how tall do autos get?

QoQ

QoQ

Okay guys I will buy for my next grow no point trying to change the soil in these pots now is there? And guys I seriously need help with heat and extraction...

Do I have my ducking coming from an outside area or do I have the end of the ducking plugged into the carbon filter?
Atm I've got it strapped into my filter...

I have a fan in there 6 inch blowing St the leafes but still alot of heat inside the tent.... If I could open it for 5 mind every hour I would lol but how else could I do that? Get another fan and stick it in the entry gaps?

Thanks

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

With autos you can get by using less output because you can have them accumulate energy over longer periods of time 18/6, 20/4, 24/7 and they will still go in to flower. The total energy needed will still be pretty much the same, tho.

LED's don't really win you any money of your energy bill directly. The par micromol is pretty much the same. But you can definitely save some electricity on secondary draws from not needing a/c units etc. Also buds grown with led tend to have more flavor and effect, this has been generally appointed the uvb output (of white diodes), the low heat, and usually more accurately calibrated nm output.

To be honest, the CREE cobs are probably the best led's for growing atm. But there's nothing to say we can't run both hps and led's at the same time, as replacement of hps I think cree´s are the only way. The disco panels isn't stacking buds really well enough.

But the thread is called

Quality Over Quantity ..

I can't see this getting done without LED .. or rather I can't see it being done with hps alone. If anything you would need some source of uvb light, since unless you have a quartz glass bulb, your hps is filtering all the "goody nanometers" out. Don't get me wrong, if you have good genetics that you grow in a good way, you will still get superb quality. But it can't match the same strain being grown under the same conditions, but with uvb and good temperatures.

Then there's feeding and amendments etc ... Brix

But only talking light source, you'll need 65w / sq ft as minimum for maximum potential. This goes for hps and led alike. And for led we're talking about the power it draws at the wall, not the accumulated potential of the numbers of diodes. Look for the "actual draw".

Then sure, you can get by using less, and LED definitely have the potential to give higher quality crop for less than the quality of crop you get from using less of hps. What I'm saying is 150w of led if it's a good panel or cob, will probably give you better quality than 150w of hps.

But the minimum for maximum potential is still 65w / sq ft. And that includes the cree´s.

To achieve best quality, your main priority will always be your environment. Airflow, temperature, co2 levels..etc
Then feeding (check on High Brix)
Then Energy (lights)
When all those variables come together in symbiotic harmony, is when you will have the best herb in babylon.

I am NOT a led fanatic. But it's an energy source with alot of potentials. Especially if you plan on growing for a while and not just do "a run". Led's are rated to last 50'000 hours, that's 12 years. A hps bulb starts its decline at the moment you turn it on the first time. And many growers recommend you change your bulb after every grow. Ballasts every 3 years and reflector atleast one time per year.

Either way, supplement some uvb, and stay on top of your grow room environment. That's essential for premium quality crop.

Nice I like this guy good info informative on the actual effects and process I have many different things to disagree with but nothing too serious or that would be an actual fact just observation of my own experience......... mate I would like to say that was a proper posting and a decent view of the large picture not just a bias opinion and you sir I have to say will be a good one to watch for in the industry later down the road for sure.

@QoQ how you been guirly long time no speken ze do'z un dots or spotted your splits dun xa medley wedly. Geezers I'm an idiot and a half dozen or so got out I am positive, fairly sure this is why I have no friends lmao....... i am always forgetting that once you have them in the bag your not supposed to let them out until the end of the day and they paint their face blue and take a long nap time.

Top Bottom