Quantum boards???

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Sound like you when you were young hey? Nice... let's try this another way.

1. Do you think being a passive aggressive jerk is better than an in your face one?

2. Are you saying lumens are a completely invalid measurement of light?

3. Even when its the only measurement available to you at the time?

4. What part of anything I ever said was wrong?

Why you so angry bro, always so angry. I promise you get yourself some quantum boards and you won’t be angry anymore 😂😂
I would think so but will be close

it’s not that bad

My current state. Using air at 70degf , 65%H as my draw.
E227A616 2FF0 4C9F 8F09 CDA985222E8F

0864F6D6 EF3C 4ED5 8036 5C2ABA399275

42941871 2807 4FB2 AE5E DD16115C6175

32100D80 E36E 4FFA 89FE DA821AE95796

E04E29ED BDC9 4284 B057 AAC1E49BA646

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes but the very last week? I thought that's when you stop from my understanding. I could be wrong or confusing with UVB but I am pretty sure the last week no UV to prevent degradation of the trichs before harvest. Much like harvesting you want to do it after the dark cycle not only for flavor reasons but that when thca is highest in the trichs due to degradation from light and heat.

Actually its the uvb info thats proven. Adding uvb the last 2-3 weeks has shown the same thc increase as when run full cycle.

I have not read anywhere yet that instructs about uva but it is usually included in the light.

I have read that uva run full cycle gave greater terps and flavanoids in a vegetable crop. Cant remember the crop sorry.

Granted they are adding uvb with only one trial out there like a good weed specific rip off company.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Actually its the uvb info thats proven. Adding uvb the last 2-3 weeks has shown the same thc increase as when run full cycle.

I have not read anywhere yet that instructs about uva but it is usually included in the light.

I have read that uvb run full cycle gave greater terps and flavanoids in a vegetable crop. Cant remember the crop sorry.

Granted they are adding uvb with only one trial out there like a good weed specific rip off company.
Yeah. From memory UVA may increase total trich production and UVB may do the same but also increase the thca concentration in the trichs. It's been a long time since I have looked at this. When I was I seem to remember that the last week should be cut but again info may have changed as it always does. My understanding is the UV damage causes the plant to react this way. Again it's been a while.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man i wrote uvb about the terps and flavanoids i meant uva. It is edited now.
Yeah makes sense to me but like you say there is very limited science behind it. Well other than bro science but I do think there is some truth to it

basscaptain

basscaptain

Yeah. From memory UVA may increase total trich production and UVB may do the same but also increase the thca concentration in the trichs. It's been a long time since I have looked at this. When I was I seem to remember that the last week should be cut but again info may have changed as it always does. My understanding is the UV damage causes the plant to react this way. Again it's been a while.
good info you 2 good to know

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have never read uva has anything to do with trich production and yes uvb causes a stress response and grows more and more thc having trichs. The last week is the most important one.

But i have seen many growers simply burn the hell out of their plants following forum info.

Also i dont think its worth it just to raise thc and no other canabanoids. The “recipe” of cannabanoids in the flower determines the high I think. The entourage effect.

And led users have to add flourescent tubes which seems rediculous to me.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Why you so angry bro, always so angry. I promise you get yourself some quantum boards and you won’t be angry anymore 😂😂

it’s not that bad

My current state. Using air at 70degf , 65%H as my draw.
View attachment 910799
View attachment 910800
View attachment 910801
View attachment 910802
View attachment 910803
But that humidity at night... Something to keep an eye on. Gorgeous looking plants though looks like this is dialed right in. So nice to see plants not over fed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have never read uva has anything to do with trich production and yes uvb causes a stress response and grows more and more thc having trichs. The last week is the most important one.

But i have seen many growers simply burn the hell out of their plants following forum info.

Also i dont think its worth it just to raise thc and no other canabanoids. The “recipe” of cannabanoids in the flower determines the high I think. The entourage effect.

See if I can find something quick. Most of its questionable I'm sure.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not just LED has to add tubes. Hps and MH would need to add it also. They have no significant UV. CMH does but not as much as suggested so also would benefit

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is one and it is a UV light manufacturer so take it for what its is but I believe they have a good rep. May do some reading on this tonight to see what's changed and refresh.

That article doesnt say anything new. And 2 things bother me that they are selling.

20%to 30% increase is of the total amount. Usually 4% more thc is possible. Say 20% to 24% which is really only helpful if you are paid by thc content.

And it says uva “may” increase trichome production. Which is unproven.

And a third thing i just thought of. They recommend twice the neccessary uvb. And then tell you to run it every other day.

Cause if you ran it all the time you would burn the shit out of your plants.

And it is very harmful to us too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That article doesnt say anything new. And 2 things bother me that they are selling.

20%to 30% increase is of the total amount. Usually 4% more thc is possible. Say 20% to 24% which is really only helpful if you are paid by thc content.

And it says uva “may” increase trichome production. Which is unproven.

And a third thing i just thought of. They recommend twice the neccessary uvb. And then tell you to run it every other day.

Cause if you ran it all the time you would burn the shit out of your plants.

And it is very harmful to us too.
Yeah like I say take with a grain of salt.... Do you have some links that show what's definative in terms whats necessary amount of UV?

What the actual thca increase is? Everywhere I read says 20-30% I think you are misinterpreting the info on this

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah like I say take with a grain of salt.... Do you have some links that show what's definative in terms whats necessary amount of UV?

What the actual thca increase is? Everywhere I read says 20-30%

All my research links were in my old phone and laptop. The 20-30% is of total content. So if you have 20% without uv you can get to 24%. I have not seen 30% in any tests.

I think they recomend 15% of total wattage for both together. Uva and uvb. Im sorry I cant remember for sure.

I would have to start looking all over again for thr real info. And i honestly dont care. I get like 5% each with 315 cmh. Plants seemed frostier but no one could tell which was which (hps or cmh) in blind smoke testing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

All my research links were in my old phone and laptop. The 20-30% is of total content. So if you have 20% without uv you can get to 24%. I have not seen 30% in any tests.

I think they recomend 15% of total wattage for both together. Uva and uvb. Im sorry I cant remember for sure.

I would have to start looking all over again for thr real info. And i honestly dont care. I get like 5% each with 315 cmh. Plants seemed frostier but no one could tell which was which (hps or cmh) in blind smoke testing.
Prob the same with LED vs CMH vs MH vs CMH.

I'm sure it would add up if total number of trich was increased and thca % was increased. People may not be able to discern but math would tell. Idk I don't use it either.... Yet so until I do I can't really give an opinion. I just have to go off science and testing for now.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Prob the same with LED vs CMH vs MH vs CMH.

I'm sure it would add up if total number of trich was increased and thca % was increased. People may not be able to discern but math would tell. Idk I don't use it either.... Yet so until I do I can't really give an opinion. I just have to go off science and testing for now.

Heres a funny fact. Ed rosenthal had uv results in his book in the 90’s. Same results as today.

Top Bottom