Quantum boards???

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is that for a 2x4 area. So I need 2 for a 4x4?And not for a tent but an open room. Well and a tent but i know there is better reflection in a tent than my room. I rely on the direct down intensity of those blockbuster reflectors for growing those thick bushes.
I would go 600w for open area probably they run about 620w. The 480 (500) will be perfect for a 4x4 tent. Although the benefit to light spread under 2 fixtures is nice.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would go 600w for open area probably they run about 620w. The 480 (500) will be perfect for a 4x4 tent. Although the benefit to light spread under 2 fixtures is nice.

I use 600w hps per 4x3.5’ area now. I cant expect the same thickness of canopy from the boards with less watts and heat like they advertise?

Not saying I wont go 600w and learn to grow higher yield. That works too but doesnt save me on ac costs.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I use 600w hps per 4x3.5’ area now. I cant expect the same thickness of canopy from the boards with less watts and heat like they advertise?

Not saying I wont go 600w and learn to grow higher yield. That works too but doesnt save me on ac costs.
If you are doing that with a 600w hps. Then you will definitely do as good and I'm just gonna say it "better" with the 480. 0 doubt in my mind.

The reason I say 600w is it will be enough to likely reach a point where photorespiration starts to kick in and to me that's maximizing the growth if you can sit just at that point. I'm willing to bet you will see a big difference in flower. But 3000k is what ya want

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh definitely I can see it making as much as 20-30% from not using one to a high quality polished reflector.

And is it a wide spread xxl type for a sea of green or a blast down deeper reflector for getting deep into the canopy.

right tool for the job is the only factor. Dont understand which light is better arguments. As long as it is a quality grow lamp they all work.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And is it a wide spread xxl type for a sea of green or a blast down deeper reflector for getting deep into the canopy.

right tool for the job is the only factor. Dont understand which light is better arguments. As long as it is a quality grow lamp they all work.
Ok much agreed always right tool for the job. But in your case the coverage area will be the same. You will get better light distribution overall and more ppfd over all. So I have to say better in this case 😜

basscaptain

basscaptain

So 640 for 4. I can get 2 Mars tw2000s for that. Lol. Well time to look elsewhere I think.
what the hell are you talking about.....I think your lost here
you can get 240w for 117.00 where did you do math at.....
Sry I'll leave this post Not in the mood sry for even posting

basscaptain

basscaptain

$115 for 240w 2 boards 1 heatsink driver etc.

If ya get 2 it's about 300 give or take and it's about 500w because the drivers do a bit more than they say. I don't think I made an error
you didn't he can't add

basscaptain

basscaptain

also you really can't make a light cheaper then Alib..... I have been all over the net and I'm building 1 myself trust me the cost is within pennies when all said and done........

the driver will cost you almost what the whole light form alib does.... just saying

hope you get what your looking for.....

basscaptain

basscaptain

Off to play a game of spades and then try to sleep. Have a good night all.
where do you play??? back in 2000 use to play on lycos.. haven't played since Netscape went away......

sry BQ got up in a bad mood and got hit with your post... REALLY Bro I can't check your price cause my buss has a #and it's changed the way there web site works on my computer... I don't see a price they give me a Qoute

but the lasttime I see a price on the 240w 301B with eris leds it was 117.00 or 113.00...they use to charge 40 for the 1st then 22 for the 2nd....when they had to move shipping to 45 they lower the price to fix it... 112.-113 was the last price I seen, before they change my ##

2 of those will do a 4x4 no problem.....

BigCube

BigCube

There it is. It would be 400 Canadian shipped to my door, I think. Alibabas website is trash though. Cant even enter the very main city i live in to my address.

I'll have to look in to it.

BigCube

BigCube

An important facotr is Mars uses SMD Epistar chips where as Kingbrite uses Samsung LM301B or LM301H chips. The samsung LEDs are superior in converting watts to light photons and not just into heat output. Essentially that means watts alone doesn't determine how good a light is.

I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers on the costs.

• Four 288 boards(480 watts) will not cost more than 320 USD or 424 CAD and that includes shipping
  • Two TSW2000(610 watts) according to your discount would cost 423USD or 560 CAD(unsure if that includes shipping)
The TSW2000 uses more energy, produces less efficient light and costs more upfront. There really aren't any positives going for it in my opinon.

The tsw2000 discount makes it 260 Canadian. So 520 for 2. But I dont need 2. That was for price comparison only.
I need 300w. The Mars is 310w the 2x quantum is 240w.

BigCube

BigCube

what the hell are you talking about.....I think your lost here
you can get 240w for 117.00 where did you do math at.....
Sry I'll leave this post Not in the mood sry for even posting

Every link posted up until I said that was 150+ for a single board. I never saw a link for 2 at that price till well after I posted that.

BigCube

BigCube

Every link posted up until I said that was 150+ for a single board. I never saw a link for 2 at that price till well after I posted that.

My math is fine. Check every link to the boards up till that point. Then mock up an order for 4 boards total. Then convert it to Canadian and add the shipping cost.

You don't need to be hostile man. But if you are going to be, at least make sure you're right. 🤣

greenscholar

greenscholar

Nock off or cheap leds are not worth it just use a hps or cmh, if your "testing" what are you actually testing how a crap led does and will not compare to a "real" led. If you have a budget get a cmh or 2. Ive used cheaper than hlg prices and what a joke.

BigCube

BigCube

Nock off or cheap leds are not worth it just use a hps or cmh, if your "testing" what are you actually testing how a crap led does and will not compare to a "real" led. If you have a budget get a cmh or 2. Ive used cheaper than hlg prices and what a joke.

I have cmh hps mh and various other cob leds. I'm looking for more even light distribution and the ability to get closer to the light. To say nothing of heat and power consumption.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have cmh hps mh and various other cob leds. I'm looking for more even light distribution and the ability to get closer to the light. To say nothing of heat and power consumption.

Have you seen the strip builds? They are spread out better and can get closer than boards.

And I read timber lighting recommends no reflectors on cobs for better dispersion and to get as close as a foot away.

I had midwest toker called into one of these led threads to show his.

Latest posts

Top Bottom