Quantum boards???

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A wise decision! I'm glad you took the time to look into things and do the research, as now you know how awesome those Samsung LEDs and Mean Well drivers are. They also have Samsung LM301H available which is newer than the LM301B but they are both great chips.
The 301b and 301h are the same diode from my understanding it's a marketing thing. But that doesn't change the fact they are kick ass

justiceman

justiceman

Damn it. Now I'm trying to talk myself in to 2 separate boards. I feel it would be more useful than 2 on one heat sink. Cause then I could move them around for better coverage but also can use them for other stuff when they get older and not be restricted by size.
For what it's worth the two 288s on one heat sink isn't very big. The heat sink measures about 24 inches long and 6 inches wide.

BigCube

BigCube

For what it's worth the two 288s on one heat sink isn't very big. The heat sink measures about 24 inches long and 6 inches wide.

Yeah I saw that, but I have this micro tent that was unknowingly built for a quantum board lol. Maybe the 2 and 1 single.... damnit. I hate deciding.. I'm sure I'm just going to buy a bunch more when I see how good they are... 🤣

justiceman

justiceman

The 301b and 301h are the same diode from my understanding it's a marketing thing. But that doesn't change the fact they are kick ass
I believe the LM301H is the latest in diodes that came out this year. It's even more efficient than the LM301B which is pretty amazing to be honest. That being said If there was a side by side grow done between the two diodes I highly doubt there would be much if any difference.

Yeah I saw that, but I have this micro tent that was unknowingly built for a quantum board lol. Maybe the 2 and 1 single.... damnit. I hate deciding.. I'm sure I'm just going to buy a bunch more when I see how good they are... 🤣
I do like how versatile those singles look. I almost picked up a pair but decided I'd be fine with 2 on one heat sink and I understand what you mean about decisions. It takes me a while to actually decide on things too 😄

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I believe the LM301H is the latest in diodes that came out this year. It's even more efficient than the LM301B which is pretty amazing to be honest. That being said If there was a side by side grow done between the two diodes I highly doubt there would be much if any difference.

https://niemiled.com/samsung-highest-efficiency-led-grow-lights-lm301h-at-3-10-μmol-j/

I do like how versatile those singles look. I almost picked up a pair but decided I'd be fine with 2 on one heat sink and I understand what you mean about decisions. It takes me a while to actually decide on things too 😄
Ah yes you are right. They are a bit over 2% more efficient than the 301b. I was looking before and for some reason they appeared the exact same.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ah yes you are right. They are a bit over 2% more efficient than the 301b. I was looking before and for some reason they appeared the exact same.

Wait til next month when they release the 301 Zee. 1.125% more efficient than the special mid month release of the 301x at .355 more efficient than the previous version from last week. The unbeatable 301h.

Samsung reports they are sorry to say all of your previous top of the line Samsung diodes are simply junk. Please recycle. ;-)

justiceman

justiceman

Wait til next month when they release the 301 Zee. 1.125% more efficient than the special mid month release of the 301x at .355 more efficient than the previous version from last week. The unbeatable 301h.

Samsung reports they are sorry to say all of your previous top of the line Samsung diodes are simply junk. Please recycle. ;-)
Love this! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Or we could go to HPS last improvement updated 1863 😜

basscaptain

basscaptain

here is a 3x3 with 2 QB /Albia at 60%
3x3

basscaptain

basscaptain

I have the next thing coming... you guys just havn't seen it... they sent me something there testing.. it's still in the box.....

basscaptain

basscaptain

BQ
I got 2 links to the same thing I'm running in that tent...
this 1 is 3500K to get the spec closer to the 301bCree that I have also at 3000K

sry had to changed the 2nd link to the right 1

have a great Day :)

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

that 1st link has a 10% coupon on it also...... don't think you can use it but if you can go for it... LOL :)

I won't bebackto this post feel abad vibe here I don't neeed peace out......

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You get the exact same diodes and drivers from kingbright for half the cost. I'm all for buying hlg as I have myself because I want a company I can go back to and a warranty I trust. But in terms of product they are virtually identical.

dextr0

dextr0

We should not be looking at lumens here’s is why

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

We should not be looking at lumens here’s is why
Agreed but the the 301s put out far more ppfd than the epistar also. I mean they shouldnt be used in comparison but kinda are.

dextr0

dextr0

Sorry I was actually trying to quote @BigCube. And explain to him why we don’t care about lumens and why he shouldn’t either.

Epistar diodes are the reason most ppl think led is trash. Why I specified when getting from kingbright to get the Cree red diodes.

I have heard good things about the mars hydro ts. Ppfd was nice migrow on YouTube showed that using quantum meter. Still better options for the price tho.

Top Bottom