Rapid rooter and watering auto...

• Thread starter Irishguy83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Ok so I got all my ventilation system in which I got 6" AC infinity T6 inline fan with the bells and whistles, I went ahead and got the vivosun carbon filter because I cant afford to get the full vortex s line. ....... I did get a noise silencer for it as well but once I got my fan up there and mounted and strapped up the carbon filter I could get it on but with literally no room left to even sit straight and it wouldnt go out my exhaust port, so returning that but the fan is quite anyways...... ok my problem now is how do I keep my temps up at night time inside my tent this is a big one? And my RH wont go above 35%... .... please help you guys are awesome and I have a pic of my girl right now just because I needed to ask 2 questions....
20191106 190911

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so I got all my ventilation system in which I got 6" AC infinity T6 inline fan with the bells and whistles, I went ahead and got the vivosun carbon filter because I cant afford to get the full vortex s line. ....... I did get a noise silencer for it as well but once I got my fan up there and mounted and strapped up the carbon filter I could get it on but with literally no room left to even sit straight and it wouldnt go out my exhaust port, so returning that but the fan is quite anyways...... ok my problem now is how do I keep my temps up at night time inside my tent this is a big one? And my RH wont go above 35%... .... please help you guys are awesome and I have a pic of my girl right now just because I needed to ask 2 questions....View attachment 907808
Have to heat and humidity either the tent or the room. The room is probably easier. Could also adjust the fan a bit. Off to bed though just some things to think about.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Ok so here is one day before a month started Oct 9th.... I just changed res for this week.... going to trade great white for orca due to the coloring from the great white no matter how long I mix.... i mixed for 20 mins..... but once I figure out my RH problem I should be good I want to have ink bird controllers just dont know how yet.... but here is this weeks pic.....
20191108 154646
20191108 154717

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Ok so yesterday I did my res change and lowered lights a little bit maybe 6 in bring the number to 23k to 24k on that meter..... so just for safe measure I brought the light back up where I had it before...... it's just the very tip of some leafs but enough for me to stop and make this post.... any ideas?
20191110 010519

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ok so yesterday I did my res change and lowered lights a little bit maybe 6 in bring the number to 23k to 24k on that meter..... so just for safe measure I brought the light back up where I had it before...... it's just the very tip of some leafs but enough for me to stop and make this post.... any ideas?View attachment 908729
What ya feed? I do believe there is a fine line on the light height/lux . I run my cheap led a little higher and lower on lux than recommended because when I did I burnt up a plant g of too. I’m pretty new and have moved from being so scientific to more of a art feel! If ya can feel me?
Anyways light def, possible nute burn?

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

What ya feed? I do believe there is a fine line on the light height/lux . I run my cheap led a little higher and lower on lux than recommended because when I did I burnt up a plant g of too. I’m pretty new and have moved from being so scientific to more of a art feel! If ya can feel me?
Anyways light def, possible nute burn?
emerald harvest grow micro and bloom, silica, great white, dyna-zyme, calmag, and of course ph up and down.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Have a pic under normal light? I with @Moshmen in thinking it's nute burn but can't tell under that light.
Sorry Aquaman I forgot to get that pic for you during lights out... I'll get that in just a bit... so I turned my fan up and created negative pressure inside and now my temp has been staying at 73 to 79 F at all times even in the 4 hour sleep period.... and my RH is at 42% right now and has been staying right there and I think that shes just hitting that point you told me about where the humidity would go up.... but yeah check back later for a pic....

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

So cool when they really start to take off in veg! Good luck.
This girl is something but you can read that through the thread but yes I'm loving this veg stage she has turned into a little Bush, is this the fastest the grow goes? Or does they pick up pace as time goes on?

V

Vondank420

So I've popped my auto on the 9th the hydro shop said not to put any water at all into the tray.... I soon found out that's BS..... I have a pic for my 2 week spot... even though I had the watering problem seems to be moving past that alright... here's the picView attachment 904237
They may have just been trying to "tell" you so as not to have you overwatering a new start. Under/Over watering is a skill that is best learned in person .
If not then its trial and error until the grower gets a feel for it.
First 2 weeks are the most sensitive.
If you already know the above info kindly disregard .

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

They may have just been trying to "tell" you so as not to have you overwatering a new start. Under/Over watering is a skill that is best learned in person .
If not then its trial and error until the grower gets a feel for it.
First 2 weeks are the most sensitive.
If you already know the above info kindly disregard .
I understand fully what to next time I'm popping... I'll get a thermostat heat mat for my propagation dome and from this first one yes watering you have to have the feel or you just dont know.... like lately on some days my girl is drinking about an inch of water out of my res a day.... I just put my water level up when I'm checking ph....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I understand fully what to next time I'm popping... I'll get a thermostat heat mat for my propagation dome and from this first one yes watering you have to have the feel or you just dont know.... like lately on some days my girl is drinking about an inch of water out of my res a day.... I just put my water level up when I'm checking ph....
In terms of growth that will depend on your light mostly. But at 4 weeks my 4 plants were drinking over 5gal of water a day. Growth gets faster man.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

In terms of growth that will depend on your light mostly. But at 4 weeks my 4 plants were drinking over 5gal of water a day. Growth gets faster man.
Once I got things down I'll slowly upgrade I want to get gorilla grow tent seem to be very well thought out in terms of extendable ceilings to the fabric which I would hope no light leaks I have a cpl pin holes in mine that light leaks out but its nothing my tent is at the foot of my bed.... as far as my lights I definitely will be upgrading but this one seems to be doing the job.... for my grow right now I'm looking into inkbird controllers but since I have the ac infinity T6 fan on my exhaust that has the controller for humidity and temp as far as lowering the 2 but I need to be able to raise the 2 as well I'm just trying to have complete control of the environment.... havent been able to figure out an easy way to cool my tent when temps are up besides currently pumping my exhaust fan on stage 7 and a regular room fan on the outside on high point at the intake port.....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Once I got things down I'll slowly upgrade I want to get gorilla grow tent seem to be very well thought out in terms of extendable ceilings to the fabric which I would hope no light leaks I have a cpl pin holes in mine that light leaks out but its nothing my tent is at the foot of my bed.... as far as my lights I definitely will be upgrading but this one seems to be doing the job.... for my grow right now I'm looking into inkbird controllers but since I have the ac infinity T6 fan on my exhaust that has the controller for humidity and temp as far as lowering the 2 but I need to be able to raise the 2 as well I'm just trying to have complete control of the environment.... havent been able to figure out an easy way to cool my tent when temps are up besides currently pumping my exhaust fan on stage 7 and a regular room fan on the outside on high point at the intake port.....
Easiest I would say is to control the parameters of the room the tent is in.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Easiest I would say is to control the parameters of the room the tent is in.
Where I have to place the tent is on my north wall with window I have blackout curtains.... but I was wondering how to insulate the 4 inch area between glass and edge if window sill.... I was thinking of putting just blankets but idk I havent gotten much research in on that because I was looking into a solar panel for the window but not viable with my location due to very high crime, though I am on second floor and the window my tent is by no one could get to that window... plus I have dog as well for security, adding 2 or 3 cameras next month... but what do you think on insulating this window.... approx. 48"w × 27" h

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Where I have to place the tent is on my north wall with window I have blackout curtains.... but I was wondering how to insulate the 4 inch area between glass and edge if window sill.... I was thinking of putting just blankets but idk I havent gotten much research in on that because I was looking into a solar panel for the window but not viable with my location due to very high crime, though I am on second floor and the window my tent is by no one could get to that window... plus I have dog as well for security, adding 2 or 3 cameras next month... but what do you think on insulating this window.... approx. 48"w × 27" h
Buy a styrofoam sheet cut to size and tuck tape to seal it to the window frame around the edges

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Buy a styrofoam sheet cut to size and tuck tape to seal it to the window frame around the edges
I'll try to have that done by the end of this week..... now on top of that speaking of windows I have to get the window outlet for my 6" ducting... is this a good way of putting the exhaust out.... I know I dont have to worry to much since I'm running only 1 girl with led.... and with exhausting out a window is there a way to put something on the outside of the ducting on the exterior to make sure cold/hot air not coming back to the tent.... and to keep pests of all sorts out?

Moshmen

Moshmen

This girl is something but you can read that through the thread but yes I'm loving this veg stage she has turned into a little Bush, is this the fastest the grow goes? Or does they pick up pace as time goes on?
Def need a pic ? Remind us what day yer at ? If I remember it’s just gettin goin sometimes it should do a set a leaves and an inch a day just really depends on the environment and genetics

Top Bottom