Rapid rooter and watering auto...

• Thread starter Irishguy83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just ordered that cover for my intake for now I'll get one for exhaust later but for now the intake is what I'm worried about..... and I'm trying to get that damn humidifier but low on funds lol
Remember things don't need to be perfect. Of course we try to make them perfect but in reality they don't need to be.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Should I go ahead and just keep the fan on then I just checked since i put it on auto mode with lights out the humidity has gone up to 56% from 42%?
Humidity will go up because the temps went down. Humidity during lights out almost makes no difference to the plant. It's better to keep it lower at night to prevent PM or other fungal/mold issues. In a perfect world 60-65day and 40-50 night for veg. It's very uncommon that people do this. The biggest thing is making sure you don't get over 65-70 at night with cooler temps.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Humidity will go up because the temps went down. Humidity during lights out almost makes no difference to the plant. It's better to keep it lower at night to prevent PM or other fungal/mold issues. In a perfect world 60-65day and 40-50 night for veg. It's very uncommon that people do this. The biggest thing is making sure you don't get over 65-70 at night with cooler temps.
I have the high set on the fan at 65% so if it goes over that the fan comes on
I went in there and turned the high humidity to 57% and the fan came on..... so I can either do that stuff with auto mode on or I can go back to fan on 24/7 and regulate it myself?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have the high set on the fan at 65% so if it goes over that the fan comes on

I went in there and turned the high humidity to 57% and the fan came on..... so I can either do that stuff with auto mode on or I can go back to fan on 24/7 and regulate it myself?
Auto man. Make it easy on yourself. This can become a full time job for 1 plant if you let it 😉 I automate things as much as possible. Again though. Its not like if you hit 72 RH for a bit you will get pm. It's just good practice to try to keep it as optimal as possible. But there is a lot of wiggle room on most things

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Auto man. Make it easy on yourself. This can become a full time job for 1 plant if you let it 😉 I automate things as much as possible. Again though. Its not like if you hit 72 RH for a bit you will get on. It's just good practice to try to keep it as optimal as possible. But there is a lot of wiggle room on most things
Well in veg I want to be 40 to 50% right or do you have a diagram to refer me to for all stages RH, regular room temp, and I'm trying to figure out ppm still but for now I just have been sticking to the 25% nute and tomorrow dropping to 20%....

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Well in veg I want to be 40 to 50% right or do you have a diagram to refer me to for all stages RH, regular room temp, and I'm trying to figure out ppm still but for now I just have been sticking to the 25% nute and tomorrow dropping to 20%....
My goal this next month is inkbird humidity controller and hopefully the humidifier before that...... so I think Ill just set my auto mode for when I'm awake while I'm sleeping I need it one speed is this ok or should I just do one or the other

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Going for a smoke give me about 10 min and I will give ya some links and info for VPD and stages of growth that will break it all down for you. A $10-$15 IR temp gun will take all the guess work out. But using led it's safe to bet your leafs temps will be 5f +/- 2f cooler than air temp so we can work with that.

This is more advanced stuff than you need but I may aswell give ya the info... All this temps and RH stuff will make a lot more sense to you after

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OK copy pasting off my spread sheet some info and the links you need to read. I can help answers any questions in the morning as i'm off to bed. I wish the forum would let me up load this as it has the calculator already done but it doesn't accept the file. The last 3 VPD links do a good job but don't feel you need to remember the calulations. In the 3rd link at the end there are instruction on making a VPD calculator that takes leaf temps into account. So for now use leaf temps of 5F cooler than you air temps because you are growing with LED.

Your stage of growth is VEG so you want a KPA ranging from 0.8-1.1

KPA for Seedling/clone 0.4-0.8 Veg 0.8-1.1 Early flower 1-1.4 Late flower 1.3-1.5
Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
Maximum amount of light: 80,000 lux with co2 @ 18hrs
Please do some research VPD in general to help understand how other factors can
affect success and failure. Eg. Airflow can be the difference between getting mold
A good link is here: https://growersnetwork.org/cultivation/vpd-cannabis-cultivation/
https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-1-vpd/
https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-2-vpd-important/
https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-3-different-stages-vpd/

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

OK copy pasting off my spread sheet some info and the links you need to read. I can help answers any questions in the morning as i'm off to bed. I wish the forum would let me up load this as it has the calculator already done but it doesn't accept the file. The last 3 VPD links do a good job but don't feel you need to remember the calulations. In the 3rd link at the end there are instruction on making a VPD calculator that takes leaf temps into account. So for now use leaf temps of 5F cooler than you air temps because you are growing with LED.

Your stage of growth is VEG so you want a KPA ranging from 0.8-1.1

KPA for Seedling/clone 0.4-0.8 Veg 0.8-1.1 Early flower 1-1.4 Late flower 1.3-1.5
Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
Maximum amount of light: 80,000 lux with co2 @ 18hrs
Please do some research VPD in general to help understand how other factors can
affect success and failure. Eg. Airflow can be the difference between getting mold
A good link is here: https://growersnetwork.org/cultivation/vpd-cannabis-cultivation/
https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-1-vpd/
https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-2-vpd-important/
https://www.questclimate.com/vapor-pressure-deficit-indoor-growing-part-3-different-stages-vpd/

Cool thanks funny I went into hot water heater closet found an old screen I just washed it out and letting dry then going to clamp onto ducting ends... it was a window screen

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Cool thanks funny I went into hot water heater closet found an old screen I just washed it out and letting dry then going to clamp onto ducting ends... it was a window screen
This is how you know this is my first dedicated grow ...... is it normal to already be getting some cannabis smells this early on which I'm 1 month 1 week.... and I had to wait until tomorrow for res change due to ride to get my water for a month was busy lol...

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

To all my friends here I took these pictures with questions in my head is this the start of flowering and I took closer ones to show sex.... honestly dont know how to check that yet and I do need to know but this is any auto so..... answers plz....thanks
20191114 221827
20191114 221816
20191114 221745
20191114 221744
20191114 221723

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Ok so today I put nutes down to 20% res water temp at 71.8 it will build in tent ppm were only at 172.... but here are the pictures
20191115 153013
20191115 152916

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking good hard to tell if there are preflowers in thise pics.. old eyes and on my phone bit just looks like new growth to me.

Smell is normal and it WILL get worse lol

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Looking good hard to tell if there are preflowers in thise pics.. old eyes and on my phone bit just looks like new growth to me.

Smell is normal and it WILL get worse lol
From the ones I took of inside the plant what's the best way to sex a plant.... the reason I ask is after this girl is done I have some bag seeds of diamond og and blackberry kush

Latest posts

Top Bottom