real gsc w/ powdery mildew.what would U do

• Thread starter socalpunx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socalpunx

socalpunx

I have a real gsc thin mint but it has powdery mildew.I have alot of other really good strains.Would you toss out the gsc cut so you wouldnt infect other good strains or keep it and run with it.???????

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
If it's just a mother plant or clone I would personally use Eagle20.

If you do use Eagle20, take all the safety precautions seriously, like wearing a tyvek suit, respirator, gloves, goggles, etc.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Theres not a strain in this world that i could justify going thru another bout with any kind of molds,pests,fungus and from the looks of gsc yield wise i wouldnt think twice about scrapping it yea the weeds exquisite but so is alot of others that yield much better just my own opinion.
Peace.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Well i doubt that it could even hang with ur most favorite strain maybe possibly meds wize but still theres much better even so but yea id quit n forget it man str8 up but thats just my own opinion again its b+ at best as compared to some real A+ level conniseur shyt just keepin it real thats not even bringing yield into the equation if u search thru the journals here the cookies also looks to be a real pain in the ass to grow stretchy, picky eater etc.. as well to me its got way to many strikes against it to even be considered but thats my own tastes, flavours n prefferences.
Peace.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Theres not a strain in this world that i could justify going thru another bout with any kind of molds,pests,fungus and from the looks of gsc yield wise i wouldnt think twice about scrapping it yea the weeds exquisite but so is alot of others that yield much better just my own opinion.
Peace.

Some cuts are hard as hell to get and PM is super easy to eradicate. I treat every single cut I get with Eagle20 before it goes into my mother room. I wouldn't have half the cuts I have now if I just chucked 'em because they had pm or bugs when I got 'em. If he already has the cut and it has pm and it's in the same room as all his other strains then they all have pm now so it's time to treat everything anyways.

Keep in mind that there are very good yielding GSC cuts out there too.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Yup respects i totally forgot about those pix wayne posted he looked like he has his yielding and healthy ill be honest im no one to knock anything my fave strain isnt even the greatest yielder lol sometimes i wish i never even met her haha coool

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

I know, I know believe me most of that was all me tryna talk myself out of even thinking about GSC ill be honest i dont wanna run it becus i know how good it is then i will end up stuck with it cuz i have a really hard time letting things go lol if it is the "real" deal gsc i have seen did look like an average yielder def couldnt call it a low yielding strain but it does not look like a heavy hitter but then again what truly dank strains yield like crazy u have to comprimise one for the other i suppose its very rare to find an all around exceptional keeper. Ive always lent more towards quality over quantity and it always kicks me in the ass one way or another lol i feel ur pain D.
Peace

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Keep it. Gsc is fire. People keep saying yield sucks but I just pulled 3.6 pounds off 2200 watts. That's not bad in my book. 32-36 a p. in fact I like it so much I've got a 10k room of nothing but forum cookies about to hit flower, shit and a 6k room hitting flower in 4-5 weeks.

socalpunx

socalpunx

well so far no powdery mildew,How long does it usually take to show?Its been a couple of weeks

sixstring

sixstring

I would get a sulfer burner if you plan to keep bringing pm into the room to try new cuts.do a burn or 2 and your room wont have pm for 6 to 8 months easy.ideally you bring in new stuff and keep it separate from your main rooms.its real easy to spray one lil cut,its a pain in the ass to spray a whole room full of flowering ladies,even big veggers are a pain,plus sulfer is safer than most the shit that actually works on pm.theres my .02

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Eagle 20 works 100% on PM. Went months trying to fight pm. I used EVERY damn product out there including a sulfur burner. In fact I damn near burned my house down and killed myself cause my sulfur burner caught fire. Killed all my plants too :(.

Eagle 20 for the Win! The earlier you treat for PM, the easier it is to get rid of. Dont wait for the signs of PM. Its inside the plant. The powder is just the PM showing itself on the leaves etc. If you wait to long those PM spores will cover every crevice of your grow room and it can live there dormant for quite some time. Dont risk it and spray now...

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Eagle 20 works 100% on PM. Went months trying to fight pm. I used EVERY damn product out there including a sulfur burner. In fact I damn near burned my house down and killed myself cause my sulfur burner caught fire. Killed all my plants too :(.

Eagle 20 for the Win! The earlier you treat for PM, the easier it is to get rid of. Dont wait for the signs of PM. Its inside the plant. The powder is just the PM showing itself on the leaves etc. If you wait to long those PM spores will cover every crevice of your grow room and it can live there dormant for quite some time. Dont risk it and spray now...

AND water it into your mother plant root zones at 1ml per gal.;)

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Keep it! If you already saw PM in your room then assume everything else in your garden is exposed to it - I would adjust your feed to include more silica, or just start slowly raising your soil PH through other means. If the plant's PH dips below 6.3-6.2, the likelyhood of a systemic fungus overtaking the plant becomes exponentially more likely (especially if the plant was ever sick in any way).

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Im right on par with pretty much everyone else, keep it and E20 that bitch. At this point id treat everything with e20 just to be "safe". Had to do the same in my rooms last night as i found one clone with 2 spots of pm, first time id seen it in approximately 3 years since i started treating all new cuts with e20. Mustve missed that one, doh.

sixstring

sixstring

If it's just a mother plant or clone I would personally use Eagle20.

If you do use Eagle20, take all the safety precautions seriously, like wearing a tyvek suit, respirator, gloves, goggles, etc.
why would you need all that safety equipment for plants you plan to smoke or eat? this is why I recommended sulfer burning.and because as manic stated pm will get into every crack and crevice in your rooms.as will the sulfer ;)
im not trying to start some big argument,but e20 sounds dangerous as hell lol.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

i just got a bunch of cuttings(one being gsc)
they came from PM infected moms.
along for the ride, my first time dealing with PM

Top Bottom