real gsc w/ powdery mildew.what would U do

• Thread starter socalpunx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
A dehuy and green cure cleared up my pm gl...cap is there any truth to guys on IC repeating over and over again that the foliar won't work without 60rh+ I just put all 3 of your packs in the soil these days during transplant let them work in when I water just wondering I see people saying this often over there.

In the substrate the humidity is always above 60%, unless it's bone dry because you forgot to water.

In the phyllosphere the packs (especially foliar pack) will work better at higher RH (above 60%).

PLants also grow much better at higher RH so it is in the best interest of the grower to run a humidifier during the day to combat the drying affect of the AC/lights, and a dehuey at night... until plants get big enough to keep RH up on their own, then all you need is a dehuey running 24/7.

Gifted0ne

Gifted0ne

I've been using Plant Cleanse and Vital Rinse for maintenance and my humidity is at 68% mid to late flower... no issues. they have samples available right now too.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yeah I agreee ^^ GSC IME is PM prone.

Oxidate also works really well if you add a surfactant. It will kill the PM under the surface.
Plain ole Hydroperoxide and water works too..
what kind of surfactant? a drop of soap?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I think I've done my work here, considering how many folks posted pretty much exactly what I would have posted. Y'all have seen my E20 causes resistance thread, too. And unfortunately, my first time using E20, I did see PM return on one plant (The White, who'da thunk??). Very particular scenario, but still, it happened and happened using precisely the instructed rates and treatments.

Don't forget that peroxides will do the job of killing fruiting bodies, too. We're not upset about PM until it begins to fruit, so that's all we really need to deal with.

The H2o2 will hurt the buds?
How so?

edit..I have been using H202 and h20 to wash off the caps resadue..because it looks like pm...lol:wacky:
I haven't seen any bud damage..also spraying iso and h20 :)

Natural

Natural

How so?

edit..I have been using H202 and h20 to wash off the caps resadue..because it looks like pm...lol:wacky:
Pretty sure she means fruiting bodies as in midew spores..not as in buds/flowers.:)

Last edited:
OGkushistein

OGkushistein

at what rate do you guys mix your h202 and will it cause burn spots on the leaves when applied ?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
at what rate do you guys mix your h202 and will it cause burn spots on the leaves when applied ?
I'm just using a couple tablespoons of cheap Walmart stuff in a quart spray bottle
I think burned hairs with it last summer using it late and stronger

I'm spraying earlyer and weaker mix this Time
no damage so far

OGkushistein

OGkushistein

I'm just using a couple tablespoons of cheap Walmart stuff in a quart spray bottle
I think burned hairs with it last summer using it late and stronger

I'm spraying earlyer and weaker mix this Time
no damage so far
thanks ken ill give that a go recently ran out of my foliar method and it returned on one corner plant ... blue dream wants me to work for her buds half decent bish better slow her role before she gets the machete ..also have some "Bi-Carb Old Fashioned Fungicide" being shipped to me 15 bucks for 4oz is damm near free and it sounds legit

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
OGKushistein, have you considered simply going the sulfur burn route? I've done the Greencure and I felt it left a soapy taste on my buds. For that reason I prefer to use a peroxide mixture, I use OxiDate. Don't forget that what the bicarb is doing is raising pH beyond the limits of what the fruiting bodies can tolerate.

Also, IME, any product that kills fruiting PM bodies will also cause the leaf underneath to yellow or die, due to the fruiting bodies/PM present in those local tissues I'm assuming. It's pretty much an always thing.
How so?

The only time I've seen H2O2 do damage was when it was too strong, and then another time they were already SUPER-stressed from root aphids. OxiDate, the combination H2O2/PAA product, strong stuff.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
OGKushistein, have you considered simply going the sulfur burn route? I've done the Greencure and I felt it left a soapy taste on my buds. For that reason I prefer to use a peroxide mixture, I use OxiDate. Don't forget that what the bicarb is doing is raising pH beyond the limits of what the fruiting bodies can tolerate.

Also, IME, any product that kills fruiting PM bodies will also cause the leaf underneath to yellow or die, due to the fruiting bodies/PM present in those local tissues I'm assuming. It's pretty much an always thing.

The only time I've seen H2O2 do damage was when it was too strong, and then another time they were already SUPER-stressed from root aphids. OxiDate, the combination H2O2/PAA product, strong stuff.
Thanks Sea :)
I tried that greencure last fall (baking powder?) I wasnt impressed with it.:meh: PM came right back
any ideas what Iso and water does to PM?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The water would smother the fruiting bodies, the ISO is a sterilizing agent, so whatever it is, it ain't pretty from the PM's point of view.

Top Bottom