Road Kill Skunk - Ester Alcohols, Train-wreck and the Catpiss Connection

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

I believe it's both. It was Sam's mission to breed the skunk out, and the fruit it. I think we must also go back to 70's, 80's, strains to find those flavors and smells again. Because really, if it was in the skunk genetic we now grow, somebody would of found it. But all the radio shows, podcasts say the same. Shes not alive. Unless it's in seed form in somebody's garage, closet, shed, etc.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I believe it's both. It was Sam's mission to breed the skunk out, and the fruit it. I think we must also go back to 70's, 80's, strains to find those flavors and smells again. Because really, if it was in the skunk genetic we now grow, somebody would of found it. But all the radio shows, podcasts say the same. Shes not alive. Unless it's in seed form in somebody's garage, closet, shed, etc.
Yesterday I was at the Native Reserve getting fuel in my area and someone was smoking some really skunky weed,my in law also had some stinky skunk a while back but it was weak,he bought it at a different Reserve. The terpenes were there but the potency didn't come with it.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yes for sure I believe it has to do with both the genetics as well as the growing environment I think they both make a difference. So I know this may sound kinda cliche and entirely too good to be true but it is real. I know none of the older board members are gonna believe me we got a a few RKS non believers on here but I don't care they can pound sand. I actually think I found the legit RKS right here in my own neighborhood. Im almost 40yo been smoking for decades been on this insane genetics hunt for years and I have spent thousands on seeds and clones to no avail. Started this thread and this mission and I swear its like the universe is talking to me in mysterious ways 😂. I have a neighbor two houses down its this old lady she is probably like 70 years old she is in a walker and I always see her creeping around the front of her property picking fruit off her trees and talking with the other neighbors. She is really nice and when I take my son on walks around the neighborhood I will often wave to her and I've had a few small side conversations with her about gardening. Well anyways she is totally an old school hippie lady no doubt you can tell right away and she smokes joints on her patio at night I can smell them if the wind is calm it creeps over to my property. This lady I swear to God has the RKS this shit she is burning at night is straight Thiol no joke! It's the mad flame that EVERYONE is looking for. Some nights its stronger than others depending on the wind but just 2 days ago I was in my garage with the door open working and I swear true testimonial the Thiol smell was so strong that I thought it was an ACTUAL SKUNK. We have real skunks here in the suburbs they get squashed by cars at night and its not uncommon to occasionally see one flattened on the road. This being said I am VERY familiar with what a real skunk smells like and when I smelled this shit the other night my brain dismissed it as a real skunk immediately. It wasn't until my nose did a double take then I realized HOLY FUCK 😳 thats the old hippy lady smoking some of the REAL bomb! For everyone's sake Im gonna mention it to her the next time we talk if Im lucky maybe this old lady will hook me up with some seeds. Im fairly certain its homegrown she is the self sufficient type this lady has a garden and chickens and everything so if I had to guess I would say it's her own stock she's smoking. Im gonna ask her wish me luck fellas! 🤘

R

ritoMox

Yes for sure I believe it has to do with both the genetics as well as the growing environment I think they both make a difference. So I know this may sound kinda cliche and entirely too good to be true but it is real. I know none of the older board members are gonna believe me we got a a few RKS non believers on here but I don't care they can pound sand. I actually think I found the legit RKS right here in my own neighborhood. Im almost 40yo been smoking for decades been on this insane genetics hunt for years and I have spent thousands on seeds and clones to no avail. Started this thread and this mission and I swear its like the universe is talking to me in mysterious ways 😂. I have a neighbor two houses down its this old lady she is probably like 70 years old she is in a walker and I always see her creeping around the front of her property picking fruit off her trees and talking with the other neighbors. She is really nice and when I take my son on walks around the neighborhood I will often wave to her and I've had a few small side conversations with her about gardening. Well anyways she is totally an old school hippie lady no doubt you can tell right away and she smokes joints on her patio at night I can smell them if the wind is calm it creeps over to my property. This lady I swear to God has the RKS this shit she is burning at night is straight Thiol no joke! It's the mad flame that EVERYONE is looking for. Some nights its stronger than others depending on the wind but just 2 days ago I was in my garage with the door open working and I swear true testimonial the Thiol smell was so strong that I thought it was an ACTUAL SKUNK. We have real skunks here in the suburbs they get squashed by cars at night and its not uncommon to occasionally see one flattened on the road. This being said I am VERY familiar with what a real skunk smells like and when I smelled this shit the other night my brain dismissed it as a real skunk immediately. It wasn't until my nose did a double take then I realized HOLY FUCK 😳 thats the old hippy lady smoking some of the REAL bomb! For everyone's sake Im gonna mention it to her the next time we talk if Im lucky maybe this old lady will hook me up with some seeds. Im fairly certain its homegrown she is the self sufficient type this lady has a garden and chickens and everything so if I had to guess I would say it's her own stock she's smoking. Im gonna ask her wish me luck fellas! 🤘
LUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCK🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

R

ritoMox

So he wanted to keep the Skunk high without the Skunk smell? Seems like he succeeded in that mission. I still think that the skunk is there. It took many generations to push it down, so it will take many to bring it back up; that is, unless those who still have it bring it out. I feel like it's not as complicated as it sounds. It was created before, so I believe it can be created again. This guy sounds like he's hot on the trail: Post #164 Post #168 It'd be cool if he showed up with more of that bang'n insight!✌️

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Oh dude....thats amazing. Be very kind to her. Usually old hippy types are pretty kind and maybe if you explain how rare this is and how grateful you would be if she would be kind and make it happen! Then hook us up!!!!

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

So he wanted to keep the Skunk high without the Skunk smell? Seems like he succeeded in that mission. I still think that the skunk is there. It took many generations to push it down, so it will take many to bring it back up; that is, unless those who still have it bring it out. I feel like it's not as complicated as it sounds. It was created before, so I believe it can be created again. This guy sounds like he's hot on the trail: Post #164 Post #168 It'd be cool if he showed up with more of that bang'n insight!✌️
Even if he wanted to go for the sweet skunk, a dedicated breeder would keep ample seeds of the skunk smell even if just for preservation to never lose that.

R

ritoMox

i find it interesting that kentucky/ohio/ virginia were many times the source of these rks acclimated lines. in the 1800s chinese hemp was brought in to kentucky. this is relevant because asian hemp as been shown to produce piperdine, which as a member of the amine family has incredibly pungent smell and attracts flies. is it possible that there was admixture with the afghan/mexican hybrids in these areas? and did the specific anaerobic bacteria in the swampy environment cause the skunk lines to transform and metabolize these asian hemp like profiles.
"Kentucky has been North America’s main industrial hemp producer since 1775, through prohibits all forms of recreational and medicinal marijuana – custodial sentences being the norm for even the smallest-scale possession.
Kentucky has a long and proud history of industrial hemp cultivation, having been a leading producer for North America since 1775. In the early 20th century, almost all hemp grown in the United States originated from Kentucky, which was used for generations to manufacture wide variety of products and materials.
Despite its long and deep connections with the cannabis plant, Kentucky remains well behind the curve on the legalization front. As it stands, recreational cannabis in all its forms remains 100% illegal in 2020. First-time possession offences are punishable by up to 45 days in jail. Anything more than this and you’ll be considered as having intent to supply, which could see you in jail for up to five years.
Kentucky is slowly making its way towards a semi-workable medical marijuana policy, but’s likely to be some time before the state catches up with its more progressive neighbors". Cannabis seeds for sale in Kentucky

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

'Stink like dead skunks'| Odor from hemp farm dividing Maryland neighbors. "Hemp fields stink like dead skunks...Many of my neighbors complained of allergic reactions, eye irritations, headaches and nausea".
All of this just from the smell of the crops! We need to cross these hemp seeds back into high THC strains! Link: Dead Skunk

People are just super sensitive vaginas these days. They all complain around here as well and I do have to say that one field did have a pleasant skunk smell(irony I know...).

R

ritoMox

'Dead skunk' stench from marijuana farms outrages Californians: Link: Dead skunk stench
“If someone is saying, ‘Is it really that bad?’ I’ll go find a bunch of skunks and every evening I’ll put them outside your window.” “It’s just brutal.” “It’s as if a skunk, or multiple skunks in a family, were living under our house.”
Someone in Cali is growing that stank!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hahahaha

Last edited:
PotsieSativa

PotsieSativa

Anyone heard of Electroculture? Supposedly we can influence gene expression using a simple process utilizing electricity. ( Electro Culture – The Boost of Plant Growth with Electricity ). In test performed on plants, genetics were made to express themselves that were thought to be long lost.

I'd start with methylation before dabbling with any woo woo. The goal of growing skunk is to produce volatiles methylated at position 3.

20220731 084303

20220810 135350

B1 - Thiamine - thiol-amino enzyme cofactor.

B12 - Regulates fungal endophyte demographic. FA + amino metabolism cofactor.

B6 - Ammonium quantifier. Cysteine metabolism.

B2 - Enzyme cofactor. Alpha Fatty Acid + Cys/Methionine/Glut + B2 + UV-B = 3MBT (Skunk)

Magnesium - Enzyme cofactor

Betaine - Optimizes intracellular Fatty Acid oxidation

Vitamin D3 - Enzyme gene activation.

AN sells B vitamins. Fungal species produce B vitamins. One reason you'll never get dank in hydro unless you buy the entire lineup.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

If it wasn't genetic that would mean roses,pine tree or any plant would lose its fragrance if grown in certain environments.

R

ritoMox

I'd start with methylation before dabbling with any woo woo. The goal of growing skunk is to produce volatiles methylated at position 3.

View attachment 1269885

View attachment 1269887

B1 - Thiamine - thiol-amino enzyme cofactor.

B12 - Regulates fungal endophyte demographic. FA + amino metabolism cofactor.

B6 - Ammonium quantifier. Cysteine metabolism.

B2 - Enzyme cofactor. Alpha Fatty Acid + Cys/Methionine/Glut + B2 + UV-B = 3MBT (Skunk)

Magnesium - Enzyme cofactor

Betaine - Optimizes intracellular Fatty Acid oxidation

Vitamin D3 - Enzyme gene activation.

AN sells B vitamins. Fungal species produce B vitamins. One reason you'll never get dank in hydro unless you buy the entire lineup.
WELCOME👋
And for sure no calbait or cattle bone meal😉

Last edited:
Dtekk

Dtekk

Yep thats the one everyone is looking for. Please let me know if you find anything remotely close your efforts will be compensated.
For sure, I'm also on the hunt. I bought all kinds of skunk#1 RKS and skunks crosses from different breeders and all floral fruity 😒. I ordered some Afghan from the real seed company. I have a few bodhi skunk91 cross also. I popped a few Mex seeds I got from a friend said it smelled like skunk ,I haven't flowered yet soon as I do I'll keep you posted.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I started smoking bud around 1993. Over that period of time I can’t keep up with all the names of the strains. I do remember in the early days the strains that were “skunky”,smellled like cat piss,& the ones that smelled like pine trees were most prevalent. There was a strain that came outta no where that came around for quite a bit they were calling chocolate Thai & it tasted just like cocoa pebbles cereal. If that was it’s true name I don’t know. I still miss these skunky smelling strain. Not along ago I came across skunky strain but had no idea of name but it was one of best strains I’d smoked ever!

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

People are just super sensitive vaginas these days. They all complain around here as well and I do have to say that one field did have a pleasant skunk smell(irony I know...).
Those complaints are all bull shit. How about breathing in Glyphosate while they are spraying .... wait for it ........ Corn, wheat, soy beans, hay, potatoes, almonds, apples to name a few. I live in farm country. Trust me cannabis is not an irritant in any way shape or form. NO WAY.

Glyphosate is a fer sure irritant and also poison. These people that complain because of the smell or whatever are probably fine with Glyphosate and its actually killing them from the food they eat containing it. IF they only knew.....

I had a friend back in the early 80s that grew RKS exclusively outdoors. Yeah you could smell it about a 1/4 mile up the road on a calm day in late summer. Couldnt tell the diff between a dead skunk I just drove by and the RKS smell. RKS plants grew 20 feet tall.

R

ritoMox

Those complaints are all bull shit. How about breathing in Glyphosate while they are spraying .... wait for it ........ Corn, wheat, soy beans, hay, potatoes, almonds, apples to name a few. I live in farm country. Trust me cannabis is not an irritant in any way shape or form. NO WAY.

Glyphosate is a fer sure irritant and also poison. These people that complain because of the smell or whatever are probably fine with Glyphosate and its actually killing them from the food they eat containing it. IF they only knew.....

I had a friend back in the early 80s that grew RKS exclusively outdoors. Yeah you could smell it about a 1/4 mile up the road on a calm day in late summer. Couldnt tell the diff between a dead skunk I just drove by and the RKS smell. RKS plants grew 20 feet tall.
So RKS was Sativa dominant?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

So RKS was Sativa dominant?
Its heavily debatable however from what I have researched it's likely that the original RKS from the Kentucky area did have some sativa in it. It was likely a cross with Afghan and Mexican and Columbian so it likely had a blend of genetics. It definitely wasn't 100% Indica not the old school one.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

For sure, I'm also on the hunt. I bought all kinds of skunk#1 RKS and skunks crosses from different breeders and all floral fruity 😒. I ordered some Afghan from the real seed company. I have a few bodhi skunk91 cross also. I popped a few Mex seeds I got from a friend said it smelled like skunk ,I haven't flowered yet soon as I do I'll keep you posted.
Awesome man yes please let me know what you end up finding 🙏 . I'm popping seeds like a maniac trying to find the pissy skunky eye-watering funk but I haven't quite found it yet either. The Catpiss shit is smelling good so far I just flipped it right now so in a few months we will see 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom