• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
farmerlion

farmerlion

20200525 164539

Cosmik

Cosmik

I thought I read somewhere it was a special rare pheno found in a skunk #1 pack way back when. A google search pulls up BC Roadkill but I’m not sure if that’s the same or not. I’ve seen it discussed on old threads here and at rui but I’m not sure of anyone that still has it.

That being said I had some sort of skunk back in the 90s a buddy gave it. It smelled like a skunk that had been run over. So much so everytime I smell a dead skunk it reminds me of that strain. A buddy in high school grew it at home with his mom helping. He brought me some leaves from it one day and I took it home and smoked it with some friends. It didn’t take much and we were fried. A couple days later he brought me a couple buds and again I shared it with some friends and it was amazing. Bright green with orange hairs and smelled more than anything I have ever run into and it’s bit even close. If I had to rate the strength of the odor between 1-10 I’d give it a 60. The next closest might be sensi star and like i said it’s not even close. I’ll have to ask him where he got the seeds. Not sure if it’s still something available but maybe it’ll give us some sort of lead. I still talk to him on Facebook from time to time.
i grew a true SKUNK # 1 first time was 1992 ,. seeds from amsterdam DUTCH PASSION SEED CO. they still have the strain available

farmerlion

farmerlion

we've collectively searched for over 2 decades. I do not believe that phenotype will be found. But, that in no way means an even better couldn't be discovered/created.

The time frame you worked in is much more conducive to having results. The RKS phenotype has only been showing up in males. I'm a proponent for making feminized male seeds available. Then people could chose what mother they want to do a cross with.

The previous work has been done indoors. With the same consistent results. We / I am doing some in my greenhouse this and next season. Hoping that a natural light cycle will express itself in different genotypes and concentrated phenotypes. I can try and give an update here from time to time. My main thread will be in the Ace seeds forum at icmag.
I wish all of you a blessed grow season.
Peace farmerlion, MedDakotabis

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
The time frame you worked in is much more conducive to having results. The RKS phenotype has only been showing up in males. I'm a proponent for making feminized male seeds available. Then people could chose what mother they want to do a cross with.

The previous work has been done indoors. With the same consistent results. We / I am doing some in my greenhouse this and next season. Hoping that a natural light cycle will express itself in different genotypes and concentrated phenotypes. I can try and give an update here from time to time. My main thread will be in the Ace seeds forum at icmag.
I wish all of you a blessed grow season.
Peace farmerlion, MedDakotabis
Thanks for the info and your passion for the Skunk!
Please keep us posted on your work and progress.
Peace
1Diesel1

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

we've collectively searched for over 2 decades. I do not believe that phenotype will be found. But, that in no way means an even better couldn't be discovered/created.

Skunk 6 which is the most like the 80’s skunk i experienced is still around in the black market in colorado. A good friend of mine says an old grower friend we know brings it around sometimes still.

He has promised to save any seeds he finds but i have to say i used to get the stuff a lot about a decade ago when i lived there and never found a seed in any bag.

the grower grows many other strains for the legal market now but i believe he is holding the skunk cut. And i am positive he would never share it. It has been protected for at least 25 years.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Skunk 6 which is the most like the 80’s skunk i experienced is still around in the black market in colorado. A good friend of mine says an old grower friend we know brings it around sometimes still.

He has promised to save any seeds he finds but i have to say i used to get the stuff a lot about a decade ago when i lived there and never found a seed in any bag.

the grower grows many other strains for the legal market now but i believe he is holding the skunk cut. And i am positive he would never share it. It has been protected for at least 25 years.

Good to know! Hate hoarders tho.

Thanks bro!

farmerlion

farmerlion

MIMedGrower, I don't by it at all. How can you be positive about someone you don't even know? You don't know that the plant exists let alone the mindset of the person that may or may not exist. This is the type of internet BS that needs to stop! You have done nothing but give an opinion of yours as fact.

I'm an old school grower. People of my era are into preservation and sharing. Not promoting a myth secretly keeping the most sought after strain in the world from the world.
When and I mean when this phenotype of skunk is replicated. It will have been done by a group of very passionate individuals. Making it available in regular seeds so that it can't be monopolized for profit.

Nobody in the industry is investing in the effort needed for the RKS resurrection. Please don't talk out your ass to sound like you're in the know.
Peace farmerlion

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good to know! Hate hoarders tho.

Thanks bro!

I hear ya but all the best plants are being held by the original families i would think. Capitalism is king.

Of all the modern high end strains these guys sell now to compete with the legal market none of them are anywhere near the smell, power or flavor of the skunk 6. Regardless of high thc claims.

i got busted by my boss/ landlord/ roomate in Frisco in the big house we lived and had our business running out of. He smelled a joint i smoked out front on the porch from like 4 hours earlier. When he came in he said he immedietely smelled my weed. I was in the open basement (split level style house) and the weed was double bagged in gallon ziplock baggies and in a duffel bag in a closed closet.

I hope to get even one seed. The plants were properly bred old school and should be mostly uniform.

I think they won a cup with it around 1996 in Amsterdam.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower, I don't by it at all. How can you be positive about someone you don't even know? You don't know that the plant exists let alone the mindset of the person that may or may not exist. This is the type of internet BS that needs to stop! You have done nothing but give an opinion of yours as fact.

I'm an old school grower. People of my era are into preservation and sharing. Not promoting a myth secretly keeping the most sought after strain in the world from the world.
When and I mean when this phenotype of skunk is replicated. It will have been done by a group of very passionate individuals. Making it available in regular seeds so that it can't be monopolized for profit.

Nobody in the industry is investing in the effort needed for the RKS resurrection. Please don't talk out your ass to sound like you're in the know.
Peace farmerlion

There is no resurrection possible. If possible to breed it back in it would have been done already. It has been tried for decades.

And what industry? None of the people i knew are interested in legal weed. They dont pay government taxes and fees or allow inspections.

Those are the old school growers.

The Leadville and Summit county locals when i lived up there about 2000 to 2010 all know the skunk 6. We smoked it regularly and it was grown in leadville then fairplay. We all snowboarded or worked for the resorts. It was local. My bud still knows the guys. He still lives at copper mountain.

Sorry but how can you not know the best cuts are protected?

how bout all the old family plants that arent being shared in the cali hills and hawaii?

We were all illegal drug dealers. there was no sharing or even telling anyone else anything.

The original skunk i first came across as a teenager was being grown in massive fields in a farm town in jersey. It was mafia run. The cut was never shared. Someone had to breed from original parent seeds. Or found bag seeds were possible back then.

They were huge sativa looking hybrids in those fields Not squat pole plants like skunk 1.

I have never seen a skunk 6 plant. It is grown indoors.

Sorry if you think all this is my “opinion”.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
I hear ya but all the best plants are being held by the original families i would think. Capitalism is king.

Of all the modern high end strains these guys sell now to compete with the legal market none of them are anywhere near the smell, power or flavor of the skunk 6. Regardless of high thc claims.

i got busted by my boss/ landlord/ roomate in Frisco in the big house we lived and had our business running out of. He smelled a joint i smoked out front on the porch from like 4 hours earlier. When he came in he said he immedietely smelled my weed. I was in the open basement (split level style house) and the weed was double bagged in gallon ziplock baggies and in a duffel bag in a closed closet.

I hope to get even one seed. The plants were properly bred old school and should be mostly uniform.

I think they won a cup with it around 1996 in Amsterdam.

HELL yes on the hopeful seed!!! You're 100% right about capitalism man....especially in this current market.

Ganj on

farmerlion

farmerlion

There is no resurrection possible. If possible to breed it back in it would have been done already. It has been tried for decades.

And what industry? None of the people i knew are interested in legal weed. They dont pay government taxes and fees or allow inspections.

Those are the old school growers.

The Leadville and Summit county locals when i lived up there about 2000 to 2010 all know the skunk 6. We smoked it regularly and it was grown in leadville then fairplay. We all snowboarded or worked for the resorts. It was local. My bud still knows the guys. He still lives at copper mountain.

Sorry but how can you not know the best cuts are protected?

how bout all the old family plants that arent being shared in the cali hills and hawaii?

We were all illegal drug dealers. there was no sharing or even telling anyone else anything.

The original skunk i first came across as a teenager was being grown in massive fields in a farm town in jersey. It was mafia run. The cut was never shared. Someone had to breed from original parent seeds. Or found bag seeds were possible back then.

They were huge sativa looking hybrids in those fields Not squat pole plants like skunk 1.

I have never seen a skunk 6 plant. It is grown indoors.

Sorry if you think all this is my “opinion”.

I will agree to disagree. Cuts are for people that don't know how to germinate seeds. Cuts are very expensive compared to buying a seed. A female cut is to keep people from selling knock off seeds.

You simply don't understand genetics very well and that's fine. You can study punet square's, frequencies and selection on your own. If the genetics existed they wouldn't be privately kept in secrecy. You're believing unsubstantiated hype and rumor as the truth. Cannabis mythology is fun and interesting no doubt.

Believing just because somebody else tried it and failed doesn't mean it isn't possible. No amount of proof is going to change your mind. Cannabis knowledge doesn't osmote into reality by smoking a bunch of pot. You clearly will defend being wrong over being open minded or humble.
Peace farmerlion

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I will agree to disagree. Cuts are for people that don't know how to germinate seeds. Cuts are very expensive compared to buying a seed. A female cut is to keep people from selling knock off seeds.

You simply don't understand genetics very well and that's fine. You can study punet square's, frequencies and selection on your own. If the genetics existed they wouldn't be privately kept in secrecy. You're believing unsubstantiated hype and rumor as the truth. Cannabis mythology is fun and interesting no doubt.

Believing just because somebody else tried it and failed doesn't mean it isn't possible. No amount of proof is going to change your mind. Cannabis knowledge doesn't osmote into reality by smoking a bunch of pot. You clearly will defend being wrong over being open minded or humble.
Peace farmerlion

Dont know why you think you know anything about me or my knowledge from my post. But it is obvious you are fully immersed in your agenda and giving me advice you know you need yourself.

Meanwhile keep overbreeding in a hopeless endeavor like so many before you. The weed is not getting better or like it used to be from breeding more. If you could get original seeds from the original parents it would still be quite a project to even get close.

And I grow from seed. i like growing a new different plant each time. I was originally posting today that i was told by someone who has no reason to lie that i have known since i was 17 that the guy we got killer skunk weed from still brings it around sometimes.

Not sure how that makes you so defensive.

Have you ever smoked real skunk weed?

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter

Peace farmerlion

That's also not true. I have no problem growing amazing cannabis, my logs show that, but I prefer elite cuts as I don't feel like searching through tons of beans for a keeper. I realize not everyone has the same access I do, but to say "cuts are for people who can't grow " may be the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time.

Moshmen

Moshmen

If you are even a “layman” (such as myself) on genetics you would know what’s seeds and clones are for! And dude ur better off hoping to find that hidden family clone somewhere! Lol
But really I hope ya do find it! Happy growin

farmerlion

farmerlion

For thousands of people looking for information about the RKS strain. Google will give this thread as an option. Breeders and very talented growers will be hijacked by belligerent ignorance. Please look for another source of information. Thcfarmer.com is certainly a dead end for intellectual conversations.
Peace farmerlion
MedDakotabis

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
For thousands of people looking for information about the RKS strain. Google will give this thread as an option. Breeders and very talented growers will be hijacked by belligerent ignorance. Please look for another source of information. Thcfarmer.com is certainly a dead end for intellectual conversations.
Peace farmerlion
MedDakotabis

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Peace farmerlion
MedDakotabis

Lol

Clembleu

Clembleu

Had to join to hop in on this one. :) Greetings all.

The last I knew of people and breeders choosing a true skunk and expecting to find it was Positronics Afghani Skunk. I personally grew out a cross made with a Posi skunk mom and a Herijuana from Sannie called Anesthesia. IIRC it was a collaboration with Wazzup and Sannie. I grew herijuana and a few others alongside it. The pheno I got twice out of a 10 pack was nothing like the Herijuana so I can only assume it was leaning heavy towards the Positronics Skunk. The good news is, that was around 2005 if I had to guess. Post 2000 for sure. It was downright rank. There was no hiding it and it was all that and then some. FWIW I was there to smoke the skunk we are all comparing it to. I think with that said it has to be hiding in some of these Afghani Skunk crosses somewhere. To me this will always be the one that got away. I've ran a lot of strains since then and in the end none can compare.

I believe these strains can help us find the roadkill we all want. Sooooooooooo who has them lololol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom