Rooting With IBA

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

medicine21

DS, have you ever tried the 12/1 veg schedule? 12 hours on 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
the hard fast rule for cuts is the bigger they are when you take them the more successful the cut will be (at least that's what they told me when I took a propagation class in college)...

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
well

in my areo cloner DIY .......I can put one drop per gallon GH bloom in rain water PH to 6.0 and have roots in 4-7 days just rain water at 10 ppm 7-10 days
now with IBA the numbers are like 3-5 days
so if in a tight just water will clone in a diy or store bought cloner

FYI

great thread DS

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Cuts in cups are:
KKSC x Alien Kush
Tigers Milk
StarDawg

Ladies got butchered last night, been bathing in R/O water. Trying to get DS roots :ninja

HPIM0764

HPIM0765

S

Shamrock

I soaked my last round of cuts for 24 hours in ro water with clonex and vit B1. Into the aero cloner and I am getting the best roots ever. I always just had a few spikes come out now there are spikes everywhere!

phenotyper

phenotyper

To be clear, make sure only the bottom couple of inches of stem sits overnight. Otherwise, you have a really high chance of stemrot, especially if you're going to wait a few days.

caliogk

caliogk

Premium Member
Supporter
Followed this method, used clonex feeding instead of dynabloom (using up the bottle before I switch..)

KKSC x Alien Kush F2 P1 - Both cuts rooted in 7 days.

IMG 0511

Word up DS. More to come.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Would It Help If I Pissed In My Cloner?!

I have clonex, rootech, dip-n-grow and powder. I also have an ezcloner with 30 out of 30 dead friggin' cuts in it... lost my chance at Agent Orange and Chocolope cuts, dammit. Definitely lookin' to pick up some cloning tips before I lose any more strains!

And Olivia's. And a half dozen different brands of nutes, including some liquid bottles of N,P and K, all separate, no micros. Cloning is the last weak link in my whole damned setup, and I'm DYIN' here!

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I just started using my EZ a week or so ago. The water in those things just gets too fuckin hot to make good roots in the summer.
In summer I just cut, dip in clonex/rootone, and set them in some pre soaked rooters or rockwool(make sure you wring them out before placing cuts...too much water will rot the stems out). Put them in a dome and mist the dome 1-2 times daily. Day 7 ill give them a light feeding. Always see roots in 7-10 days...sometimes quicker.

Dont overthink it!

Dunge

Dunge

I credit Seamaiden with getting my cloning on track.
Rapid rooters in little plastic holders.
Watering is the important part.
Dip the tray in water twice a day.
Use any of the cloning compounds you like.
Good luck.

G

green guy

I have a DIY aerocloner. I use Sure to Grow Clipper pucks. I use Clonex gel and Clonex nutes, though I only use a 1/4 the label rate. 250 PPM. I was told to use a minimun of foliage because then the cutting can focus on growing roots rather than supporting the leaves. Is this wrong? Previously I used more foliage and only got a 50% survival rate.

M

Motavated454

soaking cuts in RO

Hey all, maybe I missed this in the thread, but when you are soaking cuts in "Pure RO" , are you Ph'ing the RO? DS, you are my hero!!! you have ur shit down!!!!!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

pH affects the way in which elements are more or less available for uptake by the plant. Because the plant cannot uptake elements without a root system, pH is irrelevant at this stage.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Awesome thread DS. Thx. Will give this method a go next time I take cuts.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Thanks darth. I like your work as well. Please share your results with us here.

M

MasterChief

My last round of cuttings I used dip and grow and some clonex and superthrive with good results.

This time around I used dynabloom, superthrive and orca. With better results. Still score and dip in dip and grow but I stopped with the clonex.

I may have stumbled across something.....

Right as the roots came up to the mesh (I use peat pellets) I did a root drench at .4ec, 5.7ph for 10sec using dynabloom/superthrive/ and a lot of orca 10ml per 16oz of water. Less than 24hrs later I had insane fat root growth, covered in fuzzy hairs.

First time root growth has brought a tear to my eye... Def experimenting more with bennies/mychro at the rooting stage.

love the root growth with dynabloom and superthrive, this round looks a lot greener too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom