ROUND 2: Ben Derdundat ,The Under Current & 30,000 watts.... The Evolution Continues

• Thread starter Ben Derdundat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
6kW of dual arcs in veg... Amazing!!! I'm sure that those clones will bounce back with a vengeance with your green thumb, TLC, and full spectrum of light. I was recently having a discussion about MH vs HPS and I know that MH promotes plant growth while HPS promotes flowering. However I think I mistakenly assumed that MH creates shorter internodal spacing than an HPS... Do you know if an MH bulb actually creates greater spacing since it promotes growth? Also I've been told that using the MH during the last two weeks of bloom will enhance trichome production and essential oils... Is this correct? :wondering I've got an MH bulb and might experiment with it in the future...

B

biggs

amazing looking rooms ben. you must put in some serious hours to keep everything running like it is. big up homie.

A

amstercal

I would totally pay admission to your rooms. :-) This is going to be a great round. If you don't mind sharing, it'd be great to hear how a pro like yourself handled the yellowing, if you have time for a little step by step. They just bounced back from their dialed in new environment or did you adjust anything special for them, nutes or otherwise?
Amazing as usual.

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

6kW of dual arcs in veg... Amazing!!! I'm sure that those clones will bounce back with a vengeance with your green thumb, TLC, and full spectrum of light. I was recently having a discussion about MH vs HPS and I know that MH promotes plant growth while HPS promotes flowering. However I think I mistakenly assumed that MH creates shorter internodal spacing than an HPS... Do you know if an MH bulb actually creates greater spacing since it promotes growth? Also I've been told that using the MH during the last two weeks of bloom will enhance trichome production and essential oils... Is this correct? :wondering I've got an MH bulb and might experiment with it in the future...

In my experience with using MH and HPS to veg. I personally have found that the HPS bulbs cause less stretch between nodes. Now, in flower it has been my experience that while MH bulbs do help increase yield they do not increase essential oil production. In fact I have seen less essential oil production in plants that were flowered under a MH bulb. If you plan on using a MH bulbs in bloom it is recommended that you use a ratio of 2 HPS : 1 MH. I have used this ratio in the past and I was unsatisfied with the results. I got big buds but the quality just wasn't there. Then again it could have been genetics as well. Different genetics mature differently under different spectrum's of light. I have been vegging with the dual arc bulbs for a while now and I am happy with the results I have been getting. This round I will be flowering under all dual arc bulbs in my veg room as well. It will be interesting to see what the end result will be. bd

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

I would totally pay admission to your rooms. :-) This is going to be a great round. If you don't mind sharing, it'd be great to hear how a pro like yourself handled the yellowing, if you have time for a little step by step. They just bounced back from their dialed in new environment or did you adjust anything special for them, nutes or otherwise?
Amazing as usual.

HaHa! Right on, thanks!
I didn't do anything special. All I did was set my water temps at 68*, PPM at 560, Air temp at 84* and humidity at 67%. Of course the parameters will change as the plant grow, but this is where I started them out. bd;)

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for the response Ben! I'm looking forward to your bud shots and appreciate all the info... Keep up the good work! :cool

H

HannaMan

Very high humidity, what precautions do you take to ensure you dont get PM or other molds?

T

TUC420

Hi Ben ,
I was wondering .. Where can me or my patients get cuts of the White or White Fire?

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

Its all about keeping a clean sterile environment and having strong plants.:flower:flower:flower

U

U C Truth

Ben ur room and babies are looking gangsta keep on showing us how its done! R u gonna put laser beams in there to cut ur stocks and a conveyer belt to ur elfs running ur twister and to not have a day of down time?

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

What's the price tag on the oxy-gen

How often do you run it?

It retails for $1,500 and it is to be ran 1 hour on/1 hour off or 12 hours on /12 hours off. I am currently running it 1 hour on/1 hour off. bd

Ben ur room and babies are looking gangsta keep on showing us how its done! R u gonna put laser beams in there to cut ur stocks and a conveyer belt to ur elfs running ur twister and to not have a day of down time?

HaHa! Thanks UC Truth...
Unfortunately the elves I typically use are busy this time of year so it looks like I'm going to have to settle for oompa loompas... bd

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

That makes sense ... about you saying these were left for dead on another project but your seeing what you can make of them.. good idea, no waste, never know maybe you will end up with something hella nice from all the early stress.. in my experience a little stress caused some VERY nice results actually..

Tony69

Tony69

Hello Ben,

It shows you've spent a lot of time researching and implementing an excellent system. I'm curious if you have ever thought of using a regenative blower system like the one made from Sweetwater? We are currently building our new grow area and have used your great ideas throughout. If you have thought about the blower system could you share your thoughts on it.

Thanks again.

T

thehighwaymen

Oxy gen?

Nice setup Ben. Have you considered the material the Oxy gen is comprised of Stainless steal which will break down over time. Also such device is also known as a HHO common built for gas engine application. In other words where do you put the hydrogen generated from the split of the two gases. It seems that in a closed room hydrogen levels could potentially build up... mixed with that of an open flame on your CO2 gen... Boom. I have been building systems for a few years now and designed a hybrid to the undercurrent which incorporates aeroponics into the mix. Ive been toying with how to get a higher percentage of DO into the the nut. solution. It seems that the live bait guys have a great fix when it comes to keeping there live fish feed on boats for extended trips. That is they run a simple device which operates on DC current and costs $150 dollars. the tech is the same as the Oxy Gen. However i am not sold yet as i too have 800+ gallons recirculating. I designed a device which may solve this problem however it dose generate a substantial amount of Hydrogen Gas. The Oxygen is 100% dissolved into liquid in the form of nano bubbles. I am thrilled by this however its the hydrogen which is created which needs to be safely vented out of the device. Also on a side not have you considered the ph fluctuation with such a device. seems breaking bonds causes alkaline shifts.

First post had to be big!

Maitreyah

Maitreyah

This round I am going to veg. and flower my plants in this room. I am also going to be doing a side by side experiment between the two systems in this room as well. I installed an Oxy-Gen from OSO Research & Development on system #1 in this room. In short it is supposed to separate the oxygen from the H2O and leave it suspended in the water. In turn, Raising the oxygen levels and negatively charging the ions in the water. To make my life a little bit easier I also installed continuous read meters for my tanks... bd:nerd

Hi Ben! I look forward seeing round 2
I tested a oxy-gen unit earlier this year for a couple runs and found it to work quite well.

C

CaliConnoisseuR

man, those eletrical light adjuster are too fucking cool! what does a rig like that run$$?

H

happydude

hey Ben I am getting close to the end of my first UC grow and getting ready to flush what if anything do you flush with and for how long. seems like these trees will die if i just give them RO water. I run full line of h&g nutes. thanks

HG23

HG23

Hey ben, looking good, I can't wait for an update. Do you do that training method with the wire circle for all you strains or just the OG's? It looks interesting, I've never seen it done before.

Top Bottom