russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I mean, Loompa says it's pretty well... I dunno how much I could stray from harvesting my livelihood. This is what keeps me from living out of my car, feeds kids, keeps me in a warm house... If I had the chance to use avid before heavy flower I WOULD. And I wouldn't tell anyone of my patients either. Why? Because I don't want to purposefully bring myself down. Would I have it tested? Yes absolutely, and I'd specifically ask for avid residuals testing as well.

This is just me voicing my opinion. And I don't think it should be used unless it has to. But like home slice goo said, MUTHA FUCKA ITS WARRRRRRRRRRRRRR *foams avid from the mouth*

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
There is a thunderstorm here now and we are getting a few sprinkles
I hope it keeps up! :)
I have a half gallon of Mighty wash laying around..im thinking i might spray it on the ones in the Greenhouse because they are not getting any rain
Cant hurt it's just water anyway
I picked up some sulfur to spray with in the morning.
and then let it sit till friday, when I spray azamax again

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

Abamectin is a systemic, hence why it's not allowed on agriculture intended for consumption. If those buds are going to be used as meds, you might want to think about the implications of using Avid first.

TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Toxicological Data:
Data from laboratory studies on this product are summarized below:

Oral: Rabbit LD 50 : 300 mg/kg
Dermal: Rat LD 50 : >5,000 mg/kg
Inhalation: Rat 4 - hr LC 50 : >2.09 mg/L
Eye Irritation: Rabbit: Moderately irritating
Skin Irritation: Rabbit: Slightly irritating Skin
Sensitization: Not a contact sensitizer in guinea pigs followin g repeated skin exposure.

Subchronic (Target Organ) Effects: Abamectin is a central nervous system depressant. Overexposure to abamectin may also affect skin and eyes. Abamectin is a GABA agonist. G ABA is a major inhibitory neurotransmitter. Repeated ov erexposure to N - Methyl 2 - pyrrolidinone (NMP) may cause effects to eyes, skin, respiratory system, central nervous system, liver and kidneys. Repeated overexposure to ethyl lactate may cause effects to eyes, skin and respiratory system . Inhalation of high v apor concentrations can cause central nervous system depression and narcosis.
Carcinogenicity / Chronic Health Effects: There was no evidence of carcinogenicity in animal studies using abamectin. No increase in tumors was seen in rats via dietary or inhalation exposure to NMP for two years; however, an increase in liver tumors was noted in mice receiving high dietary doses over a similar period. Liver tumors are not uncommon when non - genotoxic chemicals such as NMP are tested in the mouse bioassay. Prolonged overexposure to ethyl lactate may cause irritation of eyes and skin.
Reproductive Toxicity: In laboratory animal studies with abamectin, effects on reproduction have been seen only at doses that produced significant toxicity to the parent animals. NMP ma y adversely affect reproduction in rats after ingestion, although fertility is unaltered.
Developmental Toxicity: In animal studies with abamectin, developmental effects were observed at doses that were also toxic to the maternal animal. Fetal development al effects were observed following ingestion, inhalation and dermal exposures to NMP in pregnant animals, and occurred both in the presence and absence of maternal toxicity.
Genotoxicity: Animal tests with abamectin did not demonstrate mutagenic effects. N either in vitro nor in vivo tests on NMP demonstrated mutagenic effects

SunGrown

SunGrown

can we all just let ken's thread get back on track here guys...

I got a few sprinkles today as well, Ken, I was hopeful for real rain but it doesnt seem likely.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Do what you gotta do Ken. You're a grown man, capable of making informed decisions that won't effect a single person on this thread, other than yourself. It is your crop after all. Just be smart about it and use the proper safety equipment if you decide to go nuclear.

@caveman4.20 please stop trolling Ken and clogging up his thread with your beliefs. I don't care if you're are an anti Avid crusader or whatever. If you want to start an Avid hate thread with lab tests and science to back up your talk then please do but this isn't the place for it. Ken no longer has moderator privileges so he can't clean up the mess you've made either. I get to do that so thanks.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
The fully flowering plants I would chop down.... I will only use AVID if I got at least 60 days 2 go away..

I moved em to the other side of the house/property for now
I know your right..I should toss em..and I probably will
they wont produce much anyway

Some are bad, others like this Grape Invader hardly show any signs
Grape730

I wanted to show the Sour Strawberry im lite depping
It is noticeably better in just 24 hours after asprin and sm90
Ssk730

all those little lowers were brown yesterday (like the plant behind it)

and even the worst looking plants are still praying :confused:

Ewookierussets730
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
True dat. And I really don' know the differences (if there are any) in comparison to ingesting versus smoking. I'd have to guess there would be different absorption rates between the two. Maybe Squiggs would know.
I bet he does, lets see if he will comment @squiggly :)
What say you Squigg?

squiggly

squiggly

Well, let's cover the basics:

For smoking you're actually basically vaporizing the material. The THC that actually gets burned undergoes a chemical change and is no longer THC and it doesn't fuck you up at all. However, the burning material atop the bowl/bong/joint/what-have-you is a source of heat which goes to the lower down material and vaporizes THC out of the bud much the same way that a forced hot air vaporizer like a volcano does.

There are different flavors and probably different terpenes make their way through with burning vs not burning vs eating--and this among the different metabolic rates for the different routes of uptake produce the different highs a person might experience using the same bud but different methods.

When we're talking pesticides and other unwanted chemicals, a very similar argument applies. Depending on what the boiling points are for these pesticides, some of them might be burned (destroyed) and some of them might be vaporized and taken in along with the THC. There are other things to consider but in general this is how to think about the process. You're destroying some but getting some too.

With eating, you're basically getting everything.

With vaporization, depending on the boiling points of the stuff you don't want you might be able to vape without ingesting them at all.

SunGrown

SunGrown

For smoking you're actually basically vaporizing the material. The THC that actually gets burned undergoes a chemical change and is no longer THC and it doesn't fuck you up at all. However, the burning material atop the bowl/bong/joint/what-have-you is a source of heat which goes to the lower down material and vaporizes THC out of the bud much the same way that a forced hot air vaporizer like a volcano does.

There are different flavors and probably different terpenes make their way through with burning vs not burning vs eating--and this among the different metabolic rates for the different routes of uptake produce the different highs a person might experience using the same bud but different methods.

When we're talking pesticides and other unwanted chemicals, a very similar argument applies. Depending on what the boiling points are for these pesticides, some of them might be burned (destroyed) and some of them might be vaporized and taken in along with the THC. There are other things to consider but in general this is how to think about the process. You're destroying some but getting some too.

With vaporization, depending on the boiling points of the stuff you don't want you might be able to vape without ingesting them at all.
Melting point: 155-157 degrees C (4)
Vapor pressure: negligible (4); 1.5 x 10 to the minus 9 torr

does the info here help you provide more details concerning avid and combustion?

derelict

derelict

are any of the plants in the ground affected, or only those in pots/bags?

K

kolah

That makes good sense, Squiggs, thanks. The only thing I might add or question is highlighted in red. If you cook food with heat then you would be burning some toxins off as well. Correct?

Top Bottom