russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Is this the bottle you got @caregiverken? I had a bad onion thrip invasion an I mixed up damn near the whole bottle of captain jacks with no success an then I bought another bottle with the same result, so as we all know third time is a charm an what do you know the same results! Then as I mentioned in a earlier post my wife's uncle is a commercial fruit and vegetable farmer told me to quit playing around with these bug's and buy the conserve SC an what do you know problem solved an thank god!

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Is this the bottle you got ken? I had a bad onion thrip invasion an I mixed up damn near the whole bottle of captain jacks with no success an then I bought another bottle with the same result, so as we all know third time is a charm an what do you know the same results! Then as I mentioned in a earlier post my wife's uncle is a commercial fruit and vegetable farmer told me to quit playing around with these bug's and buy the conserve SC an what do you know problem solved an thank god!
Yeah I got the one with the blue label like yours..
Is the green label different?
87 degrees still..but im headed out to start mixin :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
:D I sprayed 8 gallons tonight
Sprayingapples2

Sprayingdks3
venial

venial

@nightmarecreature how long would you recommend after spraying for drying? does sunlight matter as long at its below 85 ?

N

nightmarecreature

The longer the better.

I honestly couldn't answer that, but I think shade,lights off, or night is the best time to hit them. Thats my opinion, I cant say its a fact.

venial

venial

i wonder about bud rot this far along spraying at night, if i add a fungicide or some actino-vate would that help?

K

kolah

This is a pretty good video for russet mites identification. and yes..after reading some articles last night I am almost 99% sure that heat over 120 F will kill not only broad and cyclamen mites but russets as well. IMO broad mites, cyclamen mites and russet mites all show the same symptoms and are only identifiable by microscope. They can all fool us growers and if you are uninformed about properly identifying them you could lose all your plants. It will leave you guessing...thinking it's a pH prob, heat or water stress, lock out, deficiency, etc. And by the time you figure it out (if you ever do) the battle will be a tough one as the little fuckers will be all over the goddamn place.

For anyone interested here is my link and specifics to how I did it...and won. You don't need a GH to do this, you could do it indoors (many ways to raise the heat) and you could do it outdoors by building a temporary hotbox of sorts or just covering the plant/s with tarps and of course using the sun as your heat source. I think this would be a great first choice of treatment for those who wish to use it.
link https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/water-ph-of-7-5.64376/

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@caregiverken how are things going for you an your garden ?
pretty awesome thanks for askin :)
Im sure the mites hurt my yield and may have hurt the trich production on some of the plants.
But most still have around 30 days or more to go.
So its kinda early to know how frosty those will get.
It's all part of farming....I had some bad luck last summer too. (reveg, PM,seeds) :bag:...lol
But I survived..I grew fewwer plants this summer..but still grew enough to survive if they dont all work out...
Thats why "plant counts" are unconstitutional..because 6 or 12 plants isnt enough when you could lose half your crop to mites or who know what. Unless you grow tree's :)
So thats what I do.;)

Top Bottom