caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Welp, I dont have any caterpillars at all so far this year..Thats the good news
The bad news is, The mites are back :depressed:
most of the plants still look pretty good. But, a few weren't looking right,
so
I found some rusty looking lower buds on one plant and scoped them.
I found some live fuckers :arghh:
i think im going to have to try Conserve sc at 5ml per gal tonight..
and scope again to see if that kills em :depressed:

venial

venial

sorry to hear @caregiverken i posted earlier how the conserve only knocks back the populations and constant spraying is only going to manage the issue, have to start over for sure to know you've eradicated the issue. I have heard the eggs can lay dormant for years but I also have the issue of a garden 10 foot away that I know is infected with the owner doing nothing about the infestation, what a bummer too as the cost was a commitment in itself

AcidSourDank

AcidSourDank

I recently sprayed my garden with Conserve SC for the first time. I did it at 6 ml per gallon and I never saw any negative effects, but I only sprayed during times of lower temps. and little direct sunlight. This was also my first time using my new handy-dandy Magnum X5 paint sprayer! (Major thanks to Ken and CannaCrone!) I am now a true believer in the pain sprayer- way better than backpack sprayers or atomizers like the Hudson Fogger. Between the Conserve and the paint sprayer the girls quickly started looking much happier. Conserve is the shit. I love Spinosad but obviously the low concentrations in Capt'n Jack's ain't gonna cut it. 5 or 6 ml is what the label calls for, depending on which part of the instructions you're following.

Very sorry to hear that they're back, Ken. I definitely appreciate the warning though because I was feeling like the war was finally over. I guess it's time to fire up the sprayer again. Probably going to use my Dr. Zymes and/or Movento before another Conserve application just to mix things up.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What if you just clean out all those lowers that are difficult to manage anyway, Ken? The good news is that you already know how to deal with these things and have the tools on hand. :) Moving forward!

venial

venial

he doesn't have the resources to deal with these mites, they are back and eating his tri's so sadly to admit this our friend SpiderK had our number about them dying off and coming back in late late flower. hopefully they come up with something before next season!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
What if you just clean out all those lowers that are difficult to manage anyway, Ken? The good news is that you already know how to deal with these things and have the tools on hand. :) Moving forward!
That's exactly what I am doing Sister :)
The tops look good
So I'm happy about that
I managed to manage them
But yeah, these fuckers are hard to get rid of

Last edited:
AcidSourDank

AcidSourDank

This evening I saw some twisting on very young leaf growth. I'm just going to wait until after the rain tomorrow and then I'm gonna hit 'em with the conserve again. No sense in wasting time with Movento or Dr. Zymes when I'm not certain about their effectiveness.

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Just want to wish everyone dealing with this pest all the best and want to add that movento has worked wonders for us if you just want to be done with these bastards give it a go here some links notice under mites broadmite is specifically listed we used it with methalated seed oil for a spreader sticker we mixed each together at 10 mils a gal hope this is of some help :D

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@salmonslammer Thanks for the tip. Where can I buy Movento?..
I cant seem to find it for sale online

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

heres another way you can go but it takes about 10 days but its 250 ml the 48 sc is the European version find one that ships to US go to ebay.eu then put in movento 48 sc and contact seller to see if they will ship here most do :D

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It may be that Movento is so difficult to find for sale online because you may need to have a pesticide permit, not just an operators permit, to purchase it legally.

Just wonderin' out loud (and hoping others pick up what I'm putting down).

ncga

ncga

It may be that Movento is so difficult to find for sale online because you may need to have a pesticide permit, not just an operators permit, to purchase it legally.

Just wonderin' out loud (and hoping others pick up what I'm putting down).

Mite control is EXPENSIVE up front but worth it. Remember to only use the same mode twice a YEAR. You want to use a miticide, ovicide, and larvacide .

But most of the good ones require a license, do my own pest control is a good google term....just wondering

Please read labels carefully and use good quality full face respirator, gloves and a spray suit . Also when you put one brand out people flock to it. The all of a sudden mites are resistant to the flavor of the forum. That's why Avid and Floramite don't work so well anymore

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

I see what your saying seamaiden but the ag stores here in the US are selling it without pesticide permit also in europe it is sold in stores that are equivalent too home depot>>>>also if you read the msds sheets on the stuff it is alot less toxic then almost all alternatives soooo i guess its up to the user to try and mitigate the circumstances of use> hope this helps :D

Top Bottom