russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aligee

Aligee

avid is not systemic, but yeah, its still in your leaves and flowers
..IMO there is no need to spray it again this late..
But, by all means, do what you feel you gotta do!
I 2nd that!

soserthc1

soserthc1

@CannaCrone where did you order the ogbiowar ?
@Capulator it's his products and is used by tons of growers , you can get at www.ogbiowar.com or ebay
Edit if using ebay avoid the scam artist dude in Ireland I wanna say buy the ones that say for the farm

SunGrown

SunGrown

I have that on order. I started with Azamax. It was useless for this pest. Then used Nuke Em. 3 sprays and still had bugs though it did kill some. Not terribly effective for me with Russet Mites. Then switched to Ogbiowar. MUCH more effective though I cannot say yet, after 2 applications, that it is as effective as the Met52 was for @SunGrown . How many applications of Met52 did you use Sungrown?

I have sent inquiries about the predator bugs and their compatibility with the fungus sprays (OGB & Met52). Still waiting on that and then will see if it is time to bring them in. I want them to eat and then go away. I don't want to have a bunch of bugs, even the good ones, on cured bud. Will update on that as it unfolds.
I only used two applications and a tiny amount really.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
One of the guys from Evergreen just wrote back and told me I need to take the met52 out of the fridge 24 to 48 hours before I use it...
That may help it mix..we shall see

..I wish they said that in the instructions

SunGrown

SunGrown

One of the guys from Evergreen just wrote back and told me I need to take the met52 out of the fridge 24 to 48 hours before I use it...
That may help it mix..we shall see

..I wish they said that in the instructions
yeah, I set my dose out in a cup for an hour or so then added it to the tank. It says to do that somewhere on the label. I didnt want to let the whole bottle warm up cause I was afraid to kill off the good stuff. Probably wouldn't though

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah, I set my dose out in a cup for an hour or so then added it to the tank. It says to do that somewhere on the label. I didnt want to let the whole bottle warm up cause I was afraid to kill off the good stuff. Probably wouldn't though
oh yeah..the guy told me to only warm up what i was going to use right away
and leave the rest in the fridge
Thats what ima gunna do

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

I only used two applications and a tiny amount really.

Now I think I am being redundant by ordering the Met52. May cancel that. I did a bit more research and here is what I came up with: Copied from respective sites...

Met52
Metarhizium anisopliae
ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Metarhizium anisopliae Strain F52* 11.0%
OTHER INGREDIENTS**
89.0% • Total 100.0%
* Contains 5.5 x 109 Colony Forming Units (CFU)/gram of Met52 EC based on 5x1010 viable conidia per gram of active ingredient.
** Contains petroleum distillates

Og Biowar
COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
Selective Bacterial and Fungal spores : 30 %
Carrier material (Talc powder) : 70 %

Though the OGB does not list the exact bacterium and fungi used, I read, I think on this site somewhere, that it had the Metarhizium anisopliae in it as well. I've read so much the last week or so and now I don't know what came from where. :walkingdead:

SunGrown

SunGrown

Now I think I am being redundant by ordering the Met52. May cancel that. I did a bit more research and here is what I came up with: Copied from respective sites...

Met52
Metarhizium anisopliae
ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Metarhizium anisopliae Strain F52* 11.0%
OTHER INGREDIENTS**
89.0% • Total 100.0%
* Contains 5.5 x 109 Colony Forming Units (CFU)/gram of Met52 EC based on 5x1010 viable conidia per gram of active ingredient.
** Contains petroleum distillates

Og Biowar
COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
Selective Bacterial and Fungal spores : 30 %
Carrier material (Talc powder) : 70 %

Though the OGB does not list the exact bacterium and fungi used, I read, I think on this site somewhere, that it had the Metarhizium anisopliae in it as well. I've read so much the last week or so and now I don't know what came from where. :walkingdead:
cap said it does, and he said at a higher amount than the met.

But the met did work, it worked well and it worked fast all things considered

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Doh! :facepalm: I could have just looked on my bag instead of wasting time searching the site. And I haven't smoked any at all today! Maybe therein lies the problem?

Hmmm. Well, maybe let the Met52 order stand and try em both. Can't hurt. I just want them all gone - yesterday.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Doh! :facepalm: I could have just looked on my bag instead of wasting time searching the site. And I haven't smoked any at all today! Maybe therein lies the problem?

Hmmm. Well, maybe let the Met52 order stand and try em both. Can't hurt. I just want them all gone - yesterday.
there is no doupt the plants love Caps Foliar..
The met 52 isnt very expensive really though..the $100 bottle makes 200 gals of spray
Or 100 gals at max strength..that how im going to use it :)
and like you said..it cant hurt..;)

SunGrown

SunGrown

yeah, at least a toke or two, I just had to make myself as well!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
here is the ingredient list on the back of the biowar foliar
View attachment 432797
I dont see the Met:confused:

Hey buddy,

You (may) find the met in it @ 5 billion CFU's (colony forming units) per gram... Basically the same as met52... but then there are additional goodies..

Some other things that aren't on the label (might) be:

Beavaria bassiana
Hirsutella thompsonii
Paecilomyces fumosoroseus
Bacillus QST
Rhodospirillum rubrum
Rhodopseudomonas palustris
BTi
BTk
Ampelomyces quisqalis

... and a few other goodies, all at 5 billion CFU per gram.

So yeah you can buy met52, botaniguard, serenade, nofly, gognats, Photosynth plus, etc...

or you can just buy the foliar pack. An 8oz bag will make about 14 gallons RTU.

The label...It's misleading but necessary. Sorry for the confusion.

Top Bottom