russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
And if you use azamax wait one week after applying OG BIOWAR as azamax is azadirachtin, a natural anti fungal.

For russet mites or broad mites,

You must apply the FOLIAR PACK 4 days in a row at lights off if indoors, or in the evening if outdoors. If inside turn off all lights, AC, fans, etc. So that you can get the RH up for a few hours post application. This is when it will be most effective.

After 4 days in a row of spraying, cut down to 2x per week the following week, then to 1x per week and monitor populations.

For best results, include the ROOT PACK, and over apply so that the excess spray drips off and works it's way in to the top soil, and you should see overall health increase in a matter of a few days. Generally the day after I apply my plants are "praying".

I use this sprayer and it has made my life A LOT EASIER:

Please use an organic surfactant to increase effectiveness. The best product out there for this IMHO is thermx 70 <<--- see hyperlink. No I do not work for that company.. but I have been using the same gallon bottle for like 3 years at least. A little goes a loooong way.

Happy farming and good luck with the mites!

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

@Capulator . Thanks for the posts on how to use your products on Russets and Broads. I didn't spray 4 days in a row but did do it twice 4 days apart made with the tea recipe and that is working too. Plants love it. I don't understand the "might or may be in there" in your post though. Must be a legal thing? I know legalities and labeling can be tricky. Thanks again!

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Pack o marlboros and ten joints a day keeps the shrink away ;)
Hard work good and hard work fine, But 1st ,
Take care of your head! :)

LOL! Well, you win the cookies! I can't do that on my heaviest days. I don't smoke as much when I am growing because my head gets all fuzzy and I forget shit. heck, I usually don't even do it but a couple times a week during this part of the year. Maybe it's the age thing too. But I gotta keep me head clear when growing. The last week has been an exception. It HAS been stressful! Looks like we are all getting it done though so that's a good thing!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
good luck guys, I am outta here I guess
Dislike

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yep. Same here. Thanks for all the help peeps. It was fun and I learned a lot. I'll probably come back on and give an update or just check in a couple more times. Time to get back to work now.
It was great to chat with you Canna!
(wish it coulda been about some thing else though)

Camaraderie is what this place is about for me.
The dick swinging is funny..and I try not to let that bother me...or the trolls.
But I will be here because I dont have much of a life:depressed:
...Im a homebody..my pets and plants, my lovely wife are my life
and my cyber friends in this computer.;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
does this ever go away even after mites are dead or am i forever stuck in the taco ??
good question....I still have tacos on some..but just the older leaves.
My plants grew new nice leaves when the mites were killed(or reduced)
If those are new leaves, you still have problems

venial

venial

no they are way old leaves i only sprayed recently, also wondering if they move a lot or what because I've been spraying and praying, scoping and hoping~! i still see them but no movement this is via 100x, now i've seen videos online of 100x and i see movement from them like little slugs or maggots, when i scope them at 100x they all appear still, i never saw movement because I just knew they were there so I didn't scope until after my treatments, anyone have any experience with such? and @SunGrown sorry just saw your questions yes they banned outdoor cultivation it sucks but what can you do its what the people want, they won by only like 380 votes. if you ask me too many stoners didn't make it to the polls ! and yes a few of my neighbors are experiencing the russet i think the one next door is the origin of the infestation he's just using azamax and pyganics so this is going to be an uphill battle for me with infested untreated plants a mere 15 feet away right over the fence, hopefully i can keep them at bay!

SunGrown

SunGrown

If you see no movement they are likely dead and dying, so good luck!

and about cultivation banning...it is simply bullshit anyway. But yeah, often times the guys that should be voting are too busy on the hill to go vote.

venial

venial

@SunGrown they are so hell bent on they have a task force of 15 who go to neighborhoods and check backyards so at any minute even tho I don't live in a neighborhood i could be chopped because thats just how it is, moving to grass valley or east-mendo next year to hell with all the stress

SunGrown

SunGrown

wow, actually doing those kind of compliance checks? crazy.

Not here thank goodness. And I bet even there they arent hitting the guys they know will hit back, like in court. If you have your ducks in a row and have your paperwork and lawyer in order they know that under the California law and constitution there isn't much they can do.

But this means legal and ready with an action plan in case your constitutional rights are violated

venial

venial

they have skipped over me for the compliance checks more then once so i have been blessed i'm just gonna keep moving forward with the best intentions and move when the season is over or they show up and chop, wish me luck on that front for sure! but when you scoped what magnification did you use? did you see initial movement like the videos on youtube? how about after treatments were they just still? what time of day would you recommend is best to scope these critters i have friends who tell me early day and late day sun is best because extreme elements such as cold and heat slow them down as oppose to the videos i have seen where they are having a party and moving really fast not sure if they are time lapse or what but when i look i can't tell they are moving and ill watching each one at least 30-60 seconds

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@venial I saw healthy new pistols in your pic
So, i think, that to me means you are winning!
I would stay after them with organic stuff..Bio war or the Met52
thats what im doing

venial

venial

@Capulator was considering your foliar pack how far can i spray into flowering prior to harvest?

venial

venial

update update ! can't find any alive mites today, had a sour d clone i gave to a friend who said it was infested with same russet so i gave him my timectin x forbid spray and he says success all his are gone and this is the guy who found them in the first place 3 years ago so he knows his stuff!

619ster

619ster

As creepy as this thread is, I learned a ton. Maybe even more so than the other dozens of threads on pests threads I've read over the years. Great info everyone. Time to take it to these mofo's!!! First time I had mites it was a 2 year battle unt I finally got rid of them. Been almost two years since I had them and they're back! Glad I have OG Biowar on hand. Glad mine are the regular two spotted mites though. Those are actually easy to kill with just Mighty Wash, but Caps bennies are a much cheaper alternative, with a wider variety of benefits. Thanks all who contributed. I'm glad these can be beat in a mostly organic fashion. Peace y'all! And much luck for the rest of the seaon!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
update update ! can't find any alive mites today, had a sour d clone i gave to a friend who said it was infested with same russet so i gave him my timectin x forbid spray and he says success all his are gone and this is the guy who found them in the first place 3 years ago so he knows his stuff!
Im glad to hear you are winning! :)

Top Bottom