russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

norcalmike

Conserve SC is not answer to russet mites,, it kills some but many survive,, cut and burn is the only realy answer

N

norcalmike

I haven't even seen any preventative measures that I feel confident in. Once they are in your plant its game over

Canappa

Canappa

Conserve SC is not answer to russet mites,, it kills some but many survive,, cut and burn is the only realy answer

Oh yes it is! Ok have you used it? do your homework before you slam something that you never tried. Cut and Burn really bro! lol that not a good answer that a cheap way out IMO.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

So what @norcalmike in a earlier post you said it killed everything it touched? I'm just confused!

N

norcalmike

Oh yes it is! Ok have you used it? do your homework before you slam something that you never tried. Cut and Burn really bro! lol that not a good answer that a cheap way out IMO.
come on ,, I appreciate the advice,, but I think you need to do your homework,, conserve sc will not eradicate russet mites,,, they live inside your plant ,,, it was def worth a shot though. Why you say I slam something I never try,, I made over a dozen applications.. Have you ever beaten russet mites with this product? Why are you so sure it works on a mite you never fought ?

N

norcalmike

So what @norcalmike in a earlier post you said it killed everything it touched? I'm just confused!
it did,, but they keep coming,, they are microscopic small and into surviving at all cost.. Lots of things kill russet mites,, but there will always be a percentage that survive,,, they might already have built a tolerance to it.. Right now I am just experimenting ,, these are flowers I would neither smoke nor eat

N

norcalmike

first application of Conserve SC,,, everything I can see dead,, including two spotted mites,, and anything else I could find on plants.. Today equal dead russets and live ones everywhere I scope

Canappa

Canappa

come on ,, I appreciate the advice,, but I think you need to do your homework,, conserve sc will not eradicate russet mites,,, they live inside your plant ,,, it was def worth a shot though. Why you say I slam something I never try,, I made over a dozen applications.. Have you ever beaten russet mites with this product? Why are you so sure it works on a mite you never fought ?

Ok I you win It does not work. Your right I never used it for russets so I dont know what I am talking about. I dont have the proof but you do and you said it does not work so I must take you word. I am done with the Russet mite debate! I was just trying to help my friends here on the Farm but its turning into a battle I dont want to be a part of anymore.

N

norcalmike

t
Ok I you win It does not work. Your right I never used it for russets so I dont know what I am talking about. I dont have the proof but you do and you said it does not work so I must take you word. I am done with the Russet mite debate! I was just trying to help my friends here on the Farm but its turning into a battle I dont want to be a part of anymore.
not a fight ,, relax,, if you beat russet mites all the best to you,, I hope for good harvest for everyone.. All I can do is tell you where I am at in fight ,, and I still have tons live russets,,, not sure what role indoor vs outdoor has , or temp and humidity,,

R

redlife215

Avid, forbid, flora mite, pylon and shuttle. Use that in veg and the avid in the second week of flower. Everybody in my area got smashed with russet mites this year just like I did last season. This season I did the chemical preventative and I am one of the only growers that I know in the area that hasn't seen even a single taco leaf or eaten pistil. I had a lil russet damage at my small 6 plant grow in the bay and I swear to god I sprayed the infested area with avid 1 or 2 times and no bullshit it killed em all, and that was a month or so ago. The area that the russet mites infested is still a big dead bald spot on the plant but the rest of the plant is beasting. I know u can't spray that shit this late in the game but if u use em next year as prevention I promise u no mites and if u use before the flowers appear u r meds will still be clean. Hope that helps cus all this nonsense on here and bickering is corny spinosad or whatever works for most shit, but russet mites are the mites of the future that don't fuck around

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
So I have an exciting update!!
I have 2 gardens and vectored russets into my 2nd garden(indoor/small outdoor) from my southern oregon outdoor. miles away but I shared plants.
Anyway- I have been spraying Og-biowar foliar and Met-52 ec on both gardens. I got a 3 day head start on my indoor/small outdoor and it had less of a infestation also. I use a nice microscope and have gotten good at finding these little devils.
after 9 days I was still finding them and took everyone's advice and have my conserve sc in the mail. for several days I have been seeing both dead ones and plenty of live ones. I was resigned to think the biowar/met 52 wasn't really going to work.
Somehow on day 10 I caught up to all their hatches and appear to have killed them all!!!
I sort of can't believe it and have been hunting for a live one. They were EASY to find on day 9 but day 10 armageddon!! can't find a single living mite!!! all dead ones!!
They are still present on the so. Ore outdoor but it's only day 7 there.
I can't believe it but the met 52 ec/bio war kills these fuckers. It takes time and I'll update on so. ore where there was a bigger infestation. might take longer and I still may use the conserve but I'm in awe and had to share.
the fungus works it just took time

Keep up the good fight. Cool to see people winning. It does take time with the biopesticides due to their mode of action, but if you stay diligent and consistent you will see results. OG BIOWAR works best as a preventative. Spray top to bottom with root and foliar, a little molasses and EWC tea. Soak them 1 x a week and the droplets that fall from the plant will inoculate the top soil as well, giving you protection from pretty much all bugs and root disease, without harming beneficials (bees, ladybugs, beneficial nematodes, predator mites, etc). For existing infestations spray every 3-4 days and monitor populations.

Use yucca extract as a surfactant.

Do not use any other oil or chemical spray until at least 4 days after applying. Oils will inhibit fungal growth, and you want to give them a chance to do their thing. You may spray with OG BIOWAR after using the oils but not the other way around. For example, BTi works against fungus gnat larvae, but it takes about a week to start seeing results. The bacillus excrete a protein that kills the FG when they eat it. First you need inoculation, then secondary metabolites from metabolic process, then death. That is in the case of the bacteria. For fungi they take roughly 3 days to germinate on a host. Anyway you usually won't see instant results, but eventually the die off will come.

Happy farming,

Cap

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Did @kolah post in here what he did in his GH to treat the russets (or was it broads?) he found just this season? Heat.

R

redlife215

I'm in redding where 116 degree days didn't kill em so I don't know how hot he is able to get his gh without killing the plants

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IIRC, he was getting up to 120*F+ for several hours.

Fucking 116*?
Facepalm
Oh! But it's a dry heat, right?

R

redlife215

Yeah super dry so it's not that bad, I'd rather have a 116deg day in redding then a 90deg day in Philly. 120 worked for him to kill the mites tho?

Bjamiam

Bjamiam

so my wife used conserve 2.5ml/gallon w yucca on our So. Ore outdoor where the infestation is still present. She thinks there is less sugar on our flowers even where there are no bugs. Has anyone noticed a loss in sugar as a result of the conserve?

velocity

velocity

Thanks to everyone that has helped this thread out in being able to bring a product foward that appears to work. Ken I hope your girls stay free of the borg and get to harvest them girls off nicely. I heard it has gotten cold last couple nites there. Your not a new person to growing and know you have some heat on them most likely until they finish off. Just wanted to say thanks for the thread. Once the clown commity got away some really solid info was brought foward and able to know what to look for for further information.

For the nay sayers that are so instant to argue when there is nothing to argue about( pssst there is a device called a computer and on this device is the entire knowledge damn near of mankind on a place called google), or try and impose thier way of growing onto Ken because its not there way well, here is the answer to all of your problems

Fart2

Latest posts

Top Bottom