russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
If i used food grade DE. would this be okay? and later on in the budding stages would it be okay if i applied it say....week 2? and then after it starts to bud.....would the DE harmful? im just wondering if im ingesting the food grade DE if it would have any harmful effects if smoked or something or accidently ingested as it's a fossil and having that go through the lungs or whatever i've READ that it's not good. BUT if food grade is okay. and can also be ingested. would this be okay? what im trying to ask here if i use food grade DE in the beginning of flower and even in my veg, would it be alrite later on if i smoke it on accident?????????
It's messy and hard to wash off
I wouldn't want it on my flowers
probably doesn't burn clean either

suomynona

suomynona

If i used food grade DE. would this be okay? and later on in the budding stages would it be okay if i applied it say....week 2? and then after it starts to bud.....would the DE harmful? im just wondering if im ingesting the food grade DE if it would have any harmful effects if smoked or something or accidently ingested as it's a fossil and having that go through the lungs or whatever i've READ that it's not good. BUT if food grade is okay. and can also be ingested. would this be okay? what im trying to ask here if i use food grade DE in the beginning of flower and even in my veg, would it be alrite later on if i smoke it on accident?????????
Im pretty sure its something to only use in veg. I personally have never used it yet though.

Good to hear those little fucks are out of your life ken, no matter what worked, it worked! I havent seen any in any of my plants since my met applications but ive always got my eyes/scope looking.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Thee smoke report is key and admirable, you finding out on the effects on the health of the smoke.

Happy New Years, drink, smoke, and find that mistletoe!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
so hows it coming ken ?
So far so good!
No sign of any russets
lots of healthy pistols!
Day 12
20150116 085448

I put some plants out of the green house last week we will see how those do

venial

venial

yeah ken! same seamaiden! hope i win the war as well i just let everything die off and gave up my genetics since it was my first year, any tips anyone has for me I am more then happy to hear any

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah ken! same seamaiden! hope i win the war as well i just let everything die off and gave up my genetics since it was my first year, any tips anyone has for me I am more then happy to hear any
I wrote to you, but I'll say it here for the rest. Paragraph
I sprayed a shitload of bleach with my paint sprayer and then
I started over with seeds and used diatomaceous earth and Caps Biowar.foliar

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I had a nightmare last night, in it, I found russet mites on some of my seedlings!!
I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't figure out if it was real or a dream.
I think I went back to dreaming it again when I went back to sleep.:(

:mad: fukin stressful shit

Good thing I have meds for that!
;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Man Ken it's like a never ending nightmare for you I wish you the best with these little devils!
thanks man!
Fear is the enemy so I can't let it get me!!
the plants are all looking good
the pistols in the flower tent look healthy.
But I do have a couple crinkled and clawed leaves. .
that's was stressful to see
but, I think that's a ph thing
pistols tell the story with russet mites
thankfully all my seedlings are growing fast, that's a good sign too.:D

Dunge

Dunge

PTSD.
We all got a taste just by reading your log.
How many times did you claim victory only to be thrown to the ground?
Your optimism, persistence, and willingness to share were remarkable.

What I do: visualize a perfect garden. Sleep.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sorry didnt read through 57 pages

fresh cuts treated with avid and then forbid 4f 5-7 days later should eradicate them

best to just make a gallon and dip cuts while wearing thick rubber gloves

venial

venial

i want to be the one to go out on a limb and say my russet infestation was a little worse then ken's however I treated with abamictin/forbid and that knocked them out for a long long time. Sadly I have one of those people who live next door and take nothing seriously so they were infested and it was a mere 8 foot away just over a 5 foot fence but we all know with the critters that exist such as cats, birds, rodents and such there's not way to prevent so when I saw signs of the russet reappearing it was too late to treat with forbid/abamictin so I followed the threads advice after trying everything organic. The spinosad absolutely controlled them and kept them at bay when used in a rotation with other organic sprays but I dont feel it eradicated them. Perhaps it's because the plants were huge in size and I missed pockets or they just kept hoping over the fence. Anywho I trashed all my genetics and am starting from the ground up featuring all DNA/RP strains so wish me luck farm. I'll be frequent with updates.

Top Bottom