Schwifty grows under ViparSpectra KS3000 // OGKB x Okie from Tenguseed Co

• Thread starter SchwiftyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Nice. So that meter, an apogee, and photone are all within 1-2% of each other? Diffusers are a pain but idk about an 80$ pain haha
Ol photone never done me wrong yet 😁 my paper diffuser is a loop of paper with a piece of tape on it, when I need it I just slide it over the top of my phone and hang it back up in the tent when I’m done

Was considering picking up a apogee meter but can’t justify spending the money on it over other grow materials especially when I have a free version right in my hand already, 2% (for us) will make no difference whatsoever hell we’re probably safe up to 10% or more, we’re not growing commercially we’re home enthusiasts, only reason to be that precise is if you’re looking for a specific trait (light induced herming etc) or extremely detailed record keeping, but for our purposes, I’d stick with photone

Not to say not to buy one! I love cool gadgets too 🤣

IMG 1209
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Ol photone never done me wrong yet 😁 my paper diffuser is a loop of paper with a piece of tape on it, when I need it I just slide it over the top of my phone and hang it back up in the tent when I’m done

Was considering picking up a apogee meter but can’t justify spending the money on it over other grow materials especially when I have a free version right in my hand already, 2% (for us) will make no difference whatsoever hell we’re probably safe up to 10% or more, we’re not growing commercially we’re home enthusiasts, only reason to be that precise is if you’re looking for a specific trait (light induced herming etc) or extremely detailed record keeping, but for our purposes, I’d stick with photone
Oh yeah that app is great on droid, they don’t have it for free on iPhones unfortunately. Since everyone on the forum uses Photone I have it a shot to compare with my light meter. Just have to make sure the diffuser is the exact paper type it says, it will throw reading off otherwise. That’s what I found out fiddling around one day. Right kinda paper, Photone is golden, wrong thickness it can throw off readings up to 200 ppfd in either direction depending. Great app 👊🏻

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Oh yeah that app is great on droid, they don’t have it for free on iPhones unfortunately. Since everyone on the forum uses Photone I have it a shot to compare with my light meter. Just have to make sure the diffuser is the exact paper type it says, it will throw reading off otherwise. That’s what I found out fiddling around one day. Right kinda paper, Photone is golden, wrong thickness it can throw off readings up to 200 ppfd in either direction depending. Great app 👊🏻
Yep I believe it says 80lb copy paper I believe, I only have LED full spectrum and the LED Blue/Red (I use iPhone)

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Busting out that calculator eh? ain’t that a bitch about iPhone though. Makes no sense it’s free on one, and not the other. Makes me feel waspy 😂😂😂😂
Haha yeah for real lol, well full spectrum is free on iPhone I believe I paid 2.99 for the blue / red at the time but that was probably around a year ago

Can’t complain though I do have some android tablets etc if I wanna use it free but don’t feel like carrying around a tablet 🤣

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Haha yeah for real lol, well full spectrum is free on iPhone I believe I paid 2.99 for the blue / red at the time but that was probably around a year ago

Can’t complain though I do have some android tablets etc if I wanna use it free but don’t feel like carrying around a tablet 🤣
Yeah, also if it is an older tablet, the camera doesn’t quit work right either. The app will say something like insufficient or too old. Tablet for light reading is like the equivalent of using a boom box 😂

2Water

2Water

I think the older androids or iphone you had to use a white piece of paper to diffuse the light into the camera or some shit like that. I watched tons of videos and write-ups on Photone because it is an awesome little tool

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Thanks everyone! I tried the Photone on my old phone and got such crap results even with the version I paid for. The newer IPhone seems to work much better. Here’s a quick video of the sweep of the full 3x3. Right now I’m around 12 inches away and I raised the 3 shorter plants as close as I could to get a more even canopy.

IMG 9044
IMG 9045
FullSizeRender compressed
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Day 28 -

Watering-

2 gallon RO
No nutrients
Watered until 5-10% runoff. This will help get rid of any salt buildups because I’m switching from Beaste Bloomz additives to Cha-Ching for the remainder of the cycle.

Don’t see the Mag deficiency getting any worst so I think all is good, and plants are looking great!! May rise 3 of these girls just a little bit higher within the next week.

Lights out:
IMG 9052

IMG 9057

IMG 9056

IMG 9058

Lights on
FullSizeRender compressed

IMG 9091

IMG 9090

IMG 9089

IMG 9080

IMG 9087

Happy growing everyone, be safe and have a wonderful Christmas!

Last edited:
Redneckx

Redneckx

Day 28 -

Watering-

2 gallon RO
No nutrients
Watered until 5-10% runoff. This will help get rid of any salt buildups because I’m switching from Beaste Bloomz additives to Cha-Ching for the remainder of the cycle.

Don’t see the Mag deficiency getting any worst so I think all is good, and plants are looking great!! May rise 3 of these girls just a little bit higher within the next week.

Lights out:
View attachment 2091405
View attachment 2091406
View attachment 2091407
View attachment 2091408

Lights on
View attachment 2091414
View attachment 2091413
View attachment 2091412
View attachment 2091411
View attachment 2091410
View attachment 2091409

Happy growing everyone, be safe and have a wonderful Christmas!
Beautiful leaves and flowers!! Gimme those haha
Merry Christmas growmie!

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Gatdamn those are sexy man 👊🏻🤡
Haha cheers man!!! The stacking weeks are so cool just to watch them slowly fill!
Absolutely gorgeous looking plants bro!!!
Killing it!!! 😁
Thanks bro!!! I’m pretty freaking happy how everything has turned out so far!
Freaking gorgeous man!!
Thank you so much 😊
Don’t know how I missed this thread another 1 throwing down with TF genetics the guy is for real hey beautiful looking plants schwifty g👍
Hell yeah man welcome to the party. This is my third grow growing his genetics and each one has been amazing smoke! Thanks for the kind words!

Latest posts

Top Bottom