ScrOGer's Medi-Grow Show

• Thread starter ScrOGer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ScrOGer

Cool. i will do that. run some ducting from the otherside of the wall/room into the fans and out thru the lights. easy fix, i can do this run. and keep the one filter running to clean the room, and have a back up filter, or trade that shit in for some coco mats! thats the plan, i think.

Whats up with the RW and ph question? it is seriously confusing me...

hiboy

hiboy

Cool. i will do that. run some ducting from the otherside of the wall/room into the fans and out thru the lights. easy fix, i can do this run. and keep the one filter running to clean the room, and have a back up filter, or trade that shit in for some coco mats! thats the plan, i think.

Whats up with the RW and ph question? it is seriously confusing me...

On my 8 th beer so im kinda buzzed here.
Whats ur rw ph question.
h

S

ScrOGer

wow! nice man. glad to see you are taking care of business, family and yourself :)

ph question? so the cubes raise the ph of the nutes when in contact during flooding. right?

so if my rez ph is at 5.8 and floods the table with 5.8 nutes.... when the nutes come into contact with the rockwool, the nute solution's ph raises almost 1 full point, and the roots inside that cube will not be able to intake all the required nutes, because the ph will be like 6.8 or 7.0 right?

so you should mix you rez and adjust to a lower ph level, to compensate for the RW's ability to raise the ph. right?

so if i am at 4.8 in rez. then rockwool contact makes it 5.8 perfect for the roots to uptake all required nutes. additionally, the runoff back intot he rez, during the drain cycle will also be increased a little as well, right? does that explain why my ph swings from low to high over a period of a day?

basically i am confused with why RW raises ph, and what can i do to compensate that, so my plants have access to all the elements of the nute solution, by being at 5.8

i am loaded right now too, so hopefully i was a little clear.

S

ScrOGer

if all above was correct, in my question.... with roots coming out of cubes and growing into and under coco mats, they will be exposed the the nute solution that is 4.8 (assumming i was at 4.8 in the rez). that is too low to be able to access most elements it needs to survive.

what am i missing? i feel like a complete douche bag over here.

hiboy

hiboy

heres what i do and its worked everytime
presoak ur rw cubes in a rez or bathtub at 5.8 ph and add some a and b veg nutes, roots excel.
put a pump in there to create current
after u soak them for 1-3 hrs let them drain
u wont have any ph swings, refill rez 3rd day, reset ph and ur good to go
h

S

ScrOGer

i do that. the soaking. was doing it today, when i put the GDP minis into the 6" blocks. i use great white and my nutes at 800ppm. well this time i am using a sample of a liquid version of the great white, call orca.

I soak them for a few hours, plug in the mini cubes, and hand water for a few days, and spray them with diluted great white, or ben bac & ben fung. depends on what is laying around at the time. since i've only done it 3 times this round, i guess that qualifies as always, right?

COol. so I guess my cubes are not playing any role is raising the ph anymore, then. that makes sense. ok. i will adjust the rez to 5.8 and role with it.

hiboy

hiboy

i do that. the soaking. was doing it today, when i put the GDP minis into the 6" blocks. i use great white and my nutes at 800ppm. well this time i am using a sample of a liquid version of the great white, call orca.

I soak them for a few hours, plug in the mini cubes, and hand water for a few days, and spray them with diluted great white, or ben bac & ben fung. depends on what is laying around at the time. since i've only done it 3 times this round, i guess that qualifies as always, right?

COol. so I guess my cubes are not playing any role is raising the ph anymore, then. that makes sense. ok. i will adjust the rez to 5.8 and role with it.

havent used that stuff but it sounds like ur good to go.
rw wont swing ur ph much once rinsed, at least not for me
it does rise after a couple days, but thats from evaporation of agua
u should be golden
blow that shit up bro
ur room wil be sick
h

S

ScrOGer

SO its all good. ph is stable at 5.8 before and after the feeding tonight. so i am all good with that. didnt realize that it was only the first time you expose RW to the solution that it raises it.

anyway, like i said.... i am dense when it comes to some things....

CharlieChoc Factory
sincethe80s

sincethe80s

Everything looks good, did you manage to put the coco mat in?

S

ScrOGer

I had some of the thin stuff from GH, so I cut squares off it and slide them under the pots in the tray of Jack. I went to go pick up the 3/4" or 1" 4'x4' squares from my local shop, but he had none. ordered them. they arrive monday afternoon. so I'll have them all in there monday night.

My buddy does 6" cubes without mats and somehow still gets great yield. since i am doing RW for the first time, i am taking the advice from seasoned farmers on this...

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

Im goin to try it without a mat on one of my trays and I can post results. I think rw is the easiest way in my opinion, it's plug and play til the day u chop

hiboy

hiboy

What up bro
Ace that krap 1/8 inch matt, all its gona do for u is have ur roots bond to it, then ull have to leave it and set the thicker ones under it. Just leave the cubes till u get the 1/2 incher.Also dont cut cubes, leave them full sheet that will fill ur square. That way it prevents algae growth. Once ur roots start growing thru the matts dont move ur cubes, so set them in there final resting place. Check out my thread, ull see the matts down in some clean shots. I have rw and coco matts nailed,
h

S

ScrOGer

word. thanks HB

Has anyone ever topped during the first week of flower?

My rule of thumb was always never after i flip to 12/12.

This is day 6 of flower, and i am seeing preflowers. dont feel like it is right to top now. like it will will do more harm than good. Cant believe i forgot to top before i flipped the photoperiod. Jack likes to stretch... I'll just keep training the tops under the screen for another week, and see if i need to train the tops a few days longer to ensure a tight, even canopy.

but is it bad to top after she is showing pre-flowers?

hiboy

hiboy

yes def.
most i would do would pinch them over. not even sure about that
. bed time
later
h

S

ScrOGer

Ran ducting from the work room, where i mix nutes and make water, house the veg tent and supplies in general. Always nice and cool in there.... I need to tighten up the ducting. i will take some twine and raise the ducting so it runs tight across the ceiling, instead of the drooping look it has now.

Still have the the 750cfm phresh filter running in the room.

Exhaust fixed
S

ScrOGer

Here is the GDP tray. 7 days into 12/12 & only 5 plants in there, and one harlequin (not pictured)

There is a blueberry in the back ground, it was damaged so badly form the bugs and the initial ph issues, but they look like they want to flower. there are like 20 tops on her, so i'm letting her go. i will move here into the DGP tray to fill in that space that is bare. leaving me a whole tray for the Alien Fire, WiFi, and SFV Kush.

Will lollipop tomorrow and clean up under the canopies

GDP week 1 F
S

ScrOGer

Jack Herrer week 1 of 12/12

I need to lollipop and shave the legs tomorrow, and boo yah!

Still need to manage the screen a little more. filling in the bare spots nicely tho.

Jack week 1 f need to lolli
S

ScrOGer

Mixed Tray (blueberry, jack, diablo kush & bubba kush) "the random scrubs"

Debating on putting up a screen. i have been super cropping them the whole time, and i made the the first bends right at the 1ft mark, so i could easily put it up. the jack in there will get out of hand and take over the tray if you let it, so i will put up the screen and let them grow verticle from there. I guess i'll see what happens.

This has been a wild return to the garden. its been a few years+... i am now finally feeling like i am back into a routine. rezies are rocking and stable at 5.8/9 all the plants have taken to the full strength lucas formula pretty well. all three rezies over a period of two weeks, had been feeding more and ppm have been falling over night.

I bumped up the ppms when i did my addbacks, last night, to 1250-1320 and today the rezies were at 1358, 1324 & 1176. The 1250 rezie lowered, so i added back 2.5 gallons of nute solution to bump ppm up to 1325, and see if they ppm will be the same or lower again. that would be crazy to see the jack want more nutes!

Ideally i usually get them to 1330 immediately when i put them into 12/12. but that was with dwc. I have been using 5ml Micro 10ml Bloom during veg, as i had them in the cloner at 3ml & 6ml (450ppm). But i only do 1/4 strength on rooted clones, and half strength if veggin under floro. if the plants get vegged under a HID, then its full strength 8 & 16ml after a 7-10 day transition of 3/4 stength.

will add more close up pics later....

Mixed tray need t put up screen
S

ScrOGer

Took some cuts from the lowers, on the jack H. I will have time for them to re-veg, since they had only been on 12/12 cycle for a few days. Its all good... Except for the green algae. putting caps on them in a bit. The cuts back there are not liking the jump from 400ppm to 750ppm. a little nute burn showing.

Cuts in tent
Jack cuts

Latest posts

Top Bottom