Searching for high THCV strains

• Thread starter Skeptik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skeptik

Skeptik

When this was working for me, the method of consumption was smoking Durban Poison.

But you had to smoke throughout the day to maintain the appetite suppression?

Moe.Red: said:
especially in combination with other terpenes and major cannabinoids. So for example, THCV and Limonene and CBD give really like potent anorexic effects, meaning that they really suppress the appetite, more so than any one of them could do on its own.
Moe.Red: said:
I think the future of cannabis product formulation is in this kind of designing of and optimizing of the Ensemble Effect is really elevating concentrations of THCV, CBG, CBC with other terpenes to produce a really targeted therapeutic experience.

Agree, but until I met you, considering parsing out and testing synergy between the various components wasn't part of the equation, hence my search for the "right" strains. My simpleton approach would be to combine various strains, but extraction and adding back concentrated, key components would be the bees knees.

Limonene, huh? Sounds like I need to break out the Lemon Jeffery fems.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

My experience was that when inhaled, It was sorta like taking a caffeine pill but faster acting. Hit the pipe, and even if you forget about doing it, 20 minutes later you don't really want to sit down, but clear headed. It was low THC. I also saw a tremendous attitude improvement, and it also took away my knee pain. But this was short acting, so I found myself taking 1 hit every hour or so to level off. Say I am working in the basement on a Saturday, I'd become the energizer bunny and it would be my wife reminding me to eat at the end of the day when food first came into the equation.

I would prefer to have your results to be quite honest.

So now I am trying to figure out which parts of the plant are responsible and in what quantities. My non-scientific testing to date tends toward terpenes not being the primary actor. I think it is THCV front and center, with THC and CBD as modulators. I think this because the plants I grow have never shown more than negligible amounts of CBC, CBG, etc.

The real problem is the amount of variables to test and the subject size of 1. I guess it's like on an airplane, when faced with a crash, put your own mask on first before helping others. I'll try to coax out some data that will guide everyone somewhat, but I also think this is a personal experience that requires personalized medicine for the highest possible use in each person. Things are getting interesting.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

The result tonight is identical. Interestingly enough, I skipped lunch and came home not hungry. Too short to mean anything yet, but my results are seemingly lasting much longer than before. Rather than eat any, I'm gonna see how this plays out for another 24 hours. If after a couple more days I feel the same, @Skeptik I'm gonna recommend you place an order at the same place I did and check your results.

Damn. not hungry at all.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Smallest pieces I can break off and grab.

Just a dab'll do ya. It's crazy how this stuff hijacks your food regulatory system. Or maybe a better way to state is put it back in balance?

Dab

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I take it you are consuming some sort of standardized diet while doing this? Or calorie count?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I take it you are consuming some sort of standardized diet while doing this? Or calorie count?
I'm taking the Milson approach, trying to let nature do it's thing. Or get out of the way maybe.

If I don't eat, cool.

If I do, as close to raw as possible. Mushrooms are a staple. Simple is better. So yeah, calorie deficit, except it just... is. You quit thinking about food. No effort required that would be called anything like a "diet" in the traditional sense. If you were a fat fuck like me and suddenly lost 40+ pounds without trying, you would understand.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm taking the Milson approach, trying to let nature do it's thing. Or get out of the way maybe.

If I don't eat, cool.

If I do, as close to raw as possible. Mushrooms are a staple. Simple is better. So yeah, calorie deficit, except it just... is. You quit thinking about food. No effort required that would be called anything like a "diet" in the traditional sense. If you were a fat fuck like me and suddenly lost 40+ pounds without trying, you would understand.
Haha fair enough! I just figured with your approach to growing etc.

Skeptik

Skeptik

While I was consuming the mystery strain 3 years ago, I pretty much had to force myself to eat, and *nothing* tasted special. There was no need to calorie count or do a special diet, other than making sure what I did eat, was highly nutritious since my intake was so low.

Skeptik

Skeptik

If you were a fat fuck like me and suddenly lost 40+ pounds without trying, you would understand.

Trust me, I understand. Folks that haven;t been through it,, can't understand my enthusiasm -- seemingly, even those who could benefit from going the same path, don't seem to get it. Not thinking about food, and not looking forward to eating seems incomprehensible to others.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
While I was consuming the mystery strain 3 years ago, I pretty much had to force myself to eat, and *nothing* tasted special. There was no need to calorie count or do a special diet, other than making sure what I did eat, was highly nutritious since my intake was so low.
I honestly was worried about not eating enough, not eating too much. Like if you're fasting for 18 hours at a time, ya wanna make sure your body is getting enough of everything. Far from trivial, though of course still easily doable with many strategies.

But if you're listening to your body then I'm sure it will sort itself out.

Skeptik

Skeptik

I honestly was worried about not eating enough, not eating too much. Like if you're fasting for 18 hours at a time, ya wanna make sure your body is getting enough of everything. Far from trivial, though of course still easily doable with many strategies.

But if you're listening to your body then I'm sure it will sort itself out.

That's the thing, my experience says it's more of a "regulator", not a simple appetite suppressor. As my weight decreased close to my set point, my appetite increased until I was at a stable weight. A change in strains is enough to increase/decrease my weight by 20 lb, without me consciously changing my eating habits.

Skeptik

Skeptik

@Moe.Red , I haven't read the whole article in detail, but here's a statement that stands out in light of the perceived effects of including CBD in your meds:

Conclusions: Our results suggest that THCV and CBD might be used as new therapeutic agents for the pharmacological treatment of obesity- and metabolic syndrome-related NAFLD/hepatosteatosis.

I'm thinking I need to add a CBD strain to my stable.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That's the thing, my experience says it's more of a "regulator", not a simple appetite suppressor. As my weight decreased close to my set point, my appetite increased until I was at a stable weight. A change in strains is enough to increase/decrease my weight by 20 lb, without me consciously changing my eating habits.
Fair enough. I have to force myself to eat most of the time. Just a functional eater by and large. Best way for me to lose weight is a solid breakfast and lunch (i use Huel, so it's very standardized). My own path for dropping from 220 to 180 (my healthy band is around 175-185) across 10 months at 5'10" last year. My trouble is when i have lack of exercise, snacking, and bingeing after not eating for too long. And booze.

Everybody is different though.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

It's legit.

IMG 2457

99% CBD on the left, 99% THCV on the right. Both are decarbed.

So, I just ordered CBG, CBN and CBC isolate from the same source. I should be able to re-create any strain out there between what I have now and what's coming in, and I can create medicine that cannot be grown. I just wish I had a roadmap for this.

Working up a testing protocol now.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Have you tried looking in granny stormcrow's list? You will find it quickly if you web search it. Its a huuge list with studies and such related to cannabis. Pubmed I think..

You are on to something there. But I think why it has not happened yet is because its not succesful to isolate compounds because they work together.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Have you tried looking in granny stormcrow's list? You will find it quickly if you web search it. Its a huuge list with studies and such related to cannabis. Pubmed I think..

No, I hadn't, just googled it. I'll take a deeper look later, thanks.

You are on to something there. But I think why it has not happened yet is because its not succesful to isolate compounds because they work together.

Forgive me, but that's a little bro-sciency for me. I understand what you are getting at - the entourage effect is real. But it's kinda like the argument I see all the time that organically derived nutes are better than chemically derived. I'm not even going to argue stuff like that.

What difference does it make if the plant combines these molecules or I do? If I am wrong about this - I'll listen to logic. But I can tell you my approach has proven successful with my wife directing her own health and understanding what truly works and what is just legend.

IMG 2414

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I finally got the results from the lab on the terpenes on the 2 I had tested a long time ago.

Screen Shot 2021 03 18 at 35428 PM

A does not work for her, B is her favorite. The Cannabinoid profile for these 2 were virtually identical. So the difference is all right here on this screen, or in her head (placebo).

This will take a minute to digest, but I thought I would throw it up there in case anyone was interested.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Baby's first TLC try with my widow '94 bx "black widow" from Nirvana. Used a kit from cannalytics which included a nice pipette.

Is it just me or does it look like there is THCV in there? Perhaps it's CBG and thcv is absent... I kind of feel like CBG and cbc are blending....

Obviously i will do another test when i am fresh to compare precision since I am far from an expert like @Moe.Red , but still. Interesting spectrum at a minimum.

IMG 20210319 005245653
IMG 20210319 012834 626
IMG 20210319 012834 654
IMG 20210319 012834 662

Last edited:
Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
What difference does it make if the plant combines these molecules or I do? If I am wrong about this - I'll listen to logic. But I can tell you my approach has proven successful with my wife directing her own health and understanding what truly works and what is just legend.
Well one difference is you may be using just a few cannabinoids, 3 or 4 or so ?
And you leave out more than 100 others that would be available naturally in the plant, possibly creating a very different effect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom