Second Indoor Grow Attempt

• Thread starter Boomshankar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Boomshankar

Boomshankar

I wont tell you how to run your grow but you should check out the coco grow threads. Theres a ton of great info here at the farm. Its where i learned how to run coco. Coco coir has no real nutritional value and ewc is not meant to be food. Its a supplement. You need to give them some actual nutrients. Coco doesnt need a big pot either. You would be better off in much smaller containers with coco. Big pots are for soil farmers. I run 11 liter pots and those are considered big for coco. Next run im going ro 3.8 liter pots.
Yes will have a look at the coco grow threads as it' it's the first time I am growing in coco.

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

Something doesn't look right. Your upper leaves look yellow and the leaf tips are curling under. Not sure what it is but i think something may be in the process of going sideways.....
Yes DGP the yellow top leaf,curling under and the burn on the leaf edges are worring me.

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks incogneato those are massive buds cheers
Just to give you a small idea of what coco can do, not trying to ahow off. Are there any plans to add more lights for flower or is this it? 5 plants in 5gal under 60w doesnt add up. 60w could probably finish one of those plants with a few nice grams of weed.

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

I
Just to give you a small idea of what coco can do, not trying to ahow off. Are there any plans to add more lights for flower or is this it? 5 plants in 5gal under 60w doesnt add up. 60w could probably finish one of those plants with a few nice grams of weed.
I have ordered 100w generic full spectrum led grow light.

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

One more thing these are regular seeds, I don't know how many of them would turnout to be female.

DGP

DGP

One more thing these are regular seeds, I don't know how many of them would turnout to be female.

I believe typical male to female ratio tends towards 40/60. Anyway, that is what I see from my seeds....sometimes 30/70 but ya never know till you flip em or clone fairly early and then flip the clones (label everything!). There is a service you can buy and you get an envelope and you send in some plant material and they sex em for you but I imagine it is expensive and maybe relegated to the big money grows but I dunno.

Last time I ran my cheese Quake strain I let a male get lose for a very short time and got some flowers with seed. It was cool though because it didn't pollinate the majority of my 10 or so plants and I got great buddage and ~300 mature seeds. Now I have reserve genetics just in case, I can share with my friends and now that I have an F2 hybrid I can search for the one plant that has extra vigor and other attributes that I want and make her my clone source for the next build. Last grow I saw one that was huge (my clones failed though so I lost the genetics to that plant, dang!) and productive and resistant to pests and Holy Mother it produced 23 ounces wet and had some single nugs that weighed upwards of 1.8 ounces (wet). The other plants in the group were 8 or so ounce (wet).

I will be really curious to see what the issue is with your leaves. The plants are so small right now I am concerned you could lose them since there aren't many leaves to sustain the plants right now. Do you have more seed stock in case things don't resolve? If you do it might be worthwhile to start a few more especially in case to many are male. If I want 10 plants I start 15-20 so I can cull out any weak plants or males and end up with enough plants that are quality ones worth the investment of time and nutes.

BTW, 36-60 watts per sq. foot would get you in the ballpark light wise. Depending on your flower closet size you will likely need to step up to a higher output higher quality light system. For flower look for 3000 - 3500K lights. In my 2X4 veg tent I use up to 250 watts LED (true power measured at the wall) which is probably the equivalent light to a 350-400 HPS. I use 750 watts LED (true power measured at the wall) in the flower room (4X4) and that is probably the equiv of a 1Kw HPS (based on measured light values).

Anyway, did you mention what size grow tent or closet you have, just curious.

D

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

I believe typical male to female ratio tends towards 40/60. Anyway, that is what I see from my seeds....sometimes 30/70 but ya never know till you flip em or clone fairly early and then flip the clones (label everything!). There is a service you can buy and you get an envelope and you send in some plant material and they sex em for you but I imagine it is expensive and maybe relegated to the big money grows but I dunno.

Last time I ran my cheese Quake strain I let a male get lose for a very short time and got some flowers with seed. It was cool though because it didn't pollinate the majority of my 10 or so plants and I got great buddage and ~300 mature seeds. Now I have reserve genetics just in case, I can share with my friends and now that I have an F2 hybrid I can search for the one plant that has extra vigor and other attributes that I want and make her my clone source for the next build. Last grow I saw one that was huge (my clones failed though so I lost the genetics to that plant, dang!) and productive and resistant to pests and Holy Mother it produced 23 ounces wet and had some single nugs that weighed upwards of 1.8 ounces (wet). The other plants in the group were 8 or so ounce (wet).

I will be really curious to see what the issue is with your leaves. The plants are so small right now I am concerned you could lose them since there aren't many leaves to sustain the plants right now. Do you have more seed stock in case things don't resolve? If you do it might be worthwhile to start a few more especially in case to many are male. If I want 10 plants I start 15-20 so I can cull out any weak plants or males and end up with enough plants that are quality ones worth the investment of time and nutes.

BTW, 36-60 watts per sq. foot would get you in the ballpark light wise. Depending on your flower closet size you will likely need to step up to a higher output higher quality light system. For flower look for 3000 - 3500K lights. In my 2X4 veg tent I use up to 250 watts LED (true power measured at the wall) which is probably the equivalent light to a 350-400 HPS. I use 750 watts LED (true power measured at the wall) in the flower room (4X4) and that is probably the equiv of a 1Kw HPS (based on measured light values).

Anyway, did you mention what size grow tent or closet you have, just curious.

D
The closet is 3'wide 2'deep 5'tall

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

I a
I am adding two 36w cfl tomorrow. Will post pic as it is installed, as the 100w will take some days to arrive

DGP

DGP

The closet is 3'wide 2'deep 5'tall

Ok, so maybe a 250W HPS or equivalent. A 3' T5 high output would work (and be fairly inexpensive) as well if you can find a 3 footer (typical is either 2' or 4').

Edit: Never mind, forgot you had a fixture coming.....

Boomshankar

Boomshankar

Ok, so maybe a 250W HPS or equivalent. A 3' T5 high output would work (and be fairly inexpensive) as well if you can find a 3 footer (typical is either 2' or 4').

Edit: Never mind, forgot you had a fixture coming.....
Can you tell me what distance should I keep between lights and plants if I use
T5
CFL
LED

incogneato

incogneato

I would start by watering in ypur grow nutrient asap. Looks like they recommend 44 ml of each per 11l water. You should be feeding every watering, there isnt any nutritional value in coco. You never want to use water only in coco unless you're flushing at the end. I wish i could talk you into going back into those smaller pots. 20l is way too big of a pot for coco. You can water multiple times a day in coco if you wish unlike soil where you want it to dry before you feed. I water once a day with 2 liters of feed per 11 liter pot to give you an idea. In coco its not about how big the pot is, its how much/ often you water. I dont want to bombard you with a bunch of info but if you want to grow some bud then you need to know how to use your medium.

DGP

DGP

Can you tell me what distance should I keep between lights and plants if I use
T5
CFL
LED
T5's can be real close like a few inches. LED is really experimental because each light is different my veg LEDS I keep 24" but in flower I am adjusting it and it's brightness levels all based on what the plants seem able to accept. CFL I have zero experience with.

D

incogneato

incogneato

Cfl can be very close and need to be to be effective. Good rule of thumb is place your habd under the light, palm facing down. If its hot to your hand its hot to the plants.

Top Bottom