Seedling problem . What to do

• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
goodbye95

goodbye95

don’t worry about that too much.. just make sure you have a wet dry cycle, not always but sometimes i let seedling or small plants if healthy go a day without water to encourage roots to grow looking for it..
i need to go through your thread to help you out, i’ll do that tomorrow.,
hang in there, your gonna be a pro soon

you will, maybe you’ll like method, watch it tomorrow evening.,
are these seeds your using bought from a breeder/seed bank or seeds from weed you smoke?
Only from seed banks. 30 jack herers fr4om Sensi (450 dollars ) Gone in the summer
10 green gelato from Royal queen gone 20 days ago
These are critical from royal queen and next to the icubator i have some Purple Haze from Zamnesia

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Only from seed banks. 30 jack herers fr4om Sensi (450 dollars ) Gone in the summer
10 green gelato from Royal queen gone 20 days ago
These are critical from royal queen and next to the icubator i have some Purple Haze from Zamnesia
ok all good stuff..
without knowing or remembering haha how you start them id say your probably making it more difficult than it needs to be..
i keep saying now that the growing industry has taken off that there is sooo many products out there that basically set people up for failure more than success..
anyhoo it’s not your seeds it’s something else..
we’ll figure it out so just hang tight till tomorrow sometime as i’m getting up early (5 hours) to drive an hour to a record/cd show..
going to bed when this joint is done..

goodbye95

goodbye95

ok all good stuff..
without knowing or remembering haha how you start them id say your probably making it more difficult than it needs to be..
i keep saying now that the growing industry has taken off that there is sooo many products out there that basically set people up for failure more than success..
anyhoo it’s not your seeds it’s something else..
we’ll figure it out so just hang tight till tomorrow sometime as i’m getting up early (5 hours) to drive an hour to a record/cd show..
going to bed when this joint is done..
Thank you man . I aprpreciate your Attitude ! Iam waiting !

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok just one thing i’ve noticed if that bio grow is really 5-1-4?? than don’t use it..
the other one which i can’t remember but was more balanced is what you want to use..
tomorrow i’ll ask for pictures of plants and leafs and any nutrients you have there, what your growing medium is and i think you ph so what do you use for that?.
ok nite nite..

Blastfact

Blastfact

You going to be OK. You got the stuff. Just need to tie it all together. Those plants would be ready for transplant if they weren't stretching for light. 6.5 ph is fine for soil just don't let it get to locked down at that number. Let it drift around a little, not big swings. Different ph here and there help some plants take up nutrients better and ward off lock out. My soil grows I let it float around from 6.2 to 6.6.

goodbye95

goodbye95

You going to be OK. You got the stuff. Just need to tie it all together. Those plants would be ready for transplant if they weren't stretching for light. 6.5 ph is fine for soil just don't let it get to locked down at that number. Let it drift around a little, not big swings. Different ph here and there help some plants take up nutrients better and ward off lock out. My soil grows I let it float around from 6.2 to 6.6.
Thats very helpful. Indeed some nutrients are being absorbed in different PH values. Maybe 6.5 is locking out some thay maybe are absorbed at 6.7 etc. Thank you man . I ve never thought of it . I try to stick to what i read on the internet.

goodbye95

goodbye95

ok just one thing i’ve noticed if that bio grow is really 5-1-4?? than don’t use it..
the other one which i can’t remember but was more balanced is what you want to use..
tomorrow i’ll ask for pictures of plants and leafs and any nutrients you have there, what your growing medium is and i think you ph so what do you use for that?.
ok nite nite..
Ok man. I am waiting tommorow .

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I reread all this. It looks like you are growing in a blended style. You are feeding a pH adjusted, bottled nutrient regimen to an organic soil. How much are you having to adjust the pH? Are you adding in a bunch of extra pH up/down? When growing in an organic soil, you should not have to adjust pH. The soil will self regulate and the pH will be in a range. All the equipment in the world cannot compete with mother nature. Also, have you fed this 5-1-4 stuff with success? It seems like it would be a supplemental nutrient, part of a three part or something?

goodbye95

goodbye95

I reread all this. It looks like you are growing in a blended style. You are feeding a pH adjusted, bottled nutrient regimen to an organic soil. How much are you having to adjust the pH? Are you adding in a bunch of extra pH up/down? When growing in an organic soil, you should not have to adjust pH. The soil will self regulate and the pH will be in a range. All the equipment in the world cannot compete with mother nature. Also, have you fed this 5-1-4 stuff with success? It seems like it would be a supplemental nutrient, part of a three part or something?
The company says to adjust the PH if the PH is too high (meaning above 7) my tap water is 8 so i bring down to 6.5 which is about 6 drops of ph-down to 3 litres of water. No success in the past with the 5.1.4 fertilliser . The company says to use either of the 2 Grow fertillizer depending on the needs of the plants ( either Bio.Grow 4.3.6 or Fish.mix 5.1.4) . Now that you mention it though i could use this as a supplement in the future cause it sure does fit as that.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

PH down is usually phosphoric acid. I wonder what 6 drops does to your npk. I think you need to dial it all back and keep it simple. Pots off the floor is good. Next, your plants need a new diet. If staying in organic soil I'd find some dry organic inputs and a bigger pot. If you want to stick with mixing and measuring and pH'ing organic, I'd maybe look into growing coco DTW.

goodbye95

goodbye95

I started growing in coco but i had similar problems. Then i found out organic nutrienta do not work well with coco.what is coco dtw?

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Just get some new nutes. The Dr. Earth stuff in a bag is pretty good. I'm going to try the Terp Tea line, looking forward to it. That 5-1-4 mixed with pH down isn't a great diet. Combine that with cold wet feet...unhappy plant. Fix the obvious stuff, don't overthink things, keep it simple.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Organic coco is a great way to go. You will have to fertigate it and keep it wet more than soil. And runoff is key, you want to water it enough to flush away old nutrients. I'm not a coco grower, better help is available.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

All I meant by "obvious stuff" was the stuff that's been pointed out already.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Just get some new nutes. The Dr. Earth stuff in a bag is pretty good. I'm going to try the Terp Tea line, looking forward to it. That 5-1-4 mixed with pH down isn't a great diet. Combine that with cold wet feet...unhappy plant. Fix the obvious stuff, don't overthink things, keep it simple.
I think you’ll like terp teas. For this run, its basically all I am using. Has been a super easy grow, a tea a week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom