Seedling problem . What to do

• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
goodbye95

goodbye95

Organic coco is a great way to go. You will have to fertigate it and keep it wet more than soil. And runoff is key, you want to water it enough to flush away old nutrients. I'm not a coco grower, better help is available.
Ill try it. Probably not a good idea to transplant to coco right now. But ill try it on the next grow.

goodbye95

goodbye95

I think you’ll like terp teas. For this run, its basically all I am using. Has been a super easy grow, a tea a week.
I do not have these nutes . I live in europe. Even dry amendments of any brand is too hard to find here.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

PH down is usually phosphoric acid. I wonder what 6 drops does to your npk. I think you need to dial it all back and keep it simple.
I was using ph down my very first grow. Had nothing but issues and when i stopped using the ph down, my plants turned around in about 2 weeks with just plain tap water. My tap water is about 7.6-7.8 and i havent had any ph related issues since then.

This could be mucking everything up. I am far from any kind of plant genius like some of the people on here, but this is just what I've noticed in 4 years of growing.

Madmax

Madmax

I personally wouldnt mix organic with an inert media..its not soil so id b running synthetic nutrients through every day from day dot.you can make it organic by adding amendments but you will have to treat it as a soil grow.just my 2c...

goodbye95

goodbye95

I was using ph down my very first grow. Had nothing but issues and when i stopped using the ph down, my plants turned around in about 2 weeks with just plain tap water. My tap water is about 7.6-7.8 and i havent had any ph related issues since then.

This could be mucking everything up. I am far from any kind of plant genius like some of the people on here, but this is just what I've noticed in 4 years of growing.
Thank you. Ill take that in mind

Gorbo

Gorbo

My veg nutes are 5-2-5 (Emerald Harvest) and they work great and have great reputation. Your nutes while possibly contaminated are of a fine enough ratio they are not the damage.
And while there is an ideal temperature, I'm sure you can grow much lower and be fine. That damage is probably not due to temps.

Last edited:
goodbye95

goodbye95

My veg nutes are 5-2-5 and they work great and have great reputation. Your nutes while possibly contaminated are of a fine enough ratio they are not the damage.

you around?
At job right now. I can send you a pm when i am ready. Or ill reapond here for the rest to see if the need for a future problem. See ya in 7 hours.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
At job right now. I can send you a pm when i am ready. Or ill reapond here for the rest to see if the need for a future problem. See ya in 7 hours.
ok we are on different hours.. lots of good advice has been mentioned by other growers but let’s keep going.. so i’ll think of some things to ask or have you do and post it here and you just answer tomorrow when you can..
any concerns now?.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok brother went through the thread again..
my thought for your first steps in getting this worked out..
it might be a trial and error but hopefully not with all the other growers here.. so let’s do easy non stressful things first..
we want new pictures of plants..
you said you put them up off the ground? good!! let’s see picture..
you seem to be buying equipment, good!
have a humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, fan? pictures..
is your tent closed during the grow or left open?
the only thing with me that you have that i know makes growing a bit different for feeding is the LED lights compared to MH/HPS..
and because of that you could have a mag def, meaning maybe.
personally i think it’s the pots on the floor and possibly watering a day earlier than needed, why? well your leaves are not growing bigger and no branches starting and the plant is looking compact.. all root growth issues..
so just keep going, only feed with the more balanced nutrient only, possibly lower your light, maybe an led grower can help here..
don’t worry about all the vpd stuff for now..
keep temps between 70-80, 24/7.. humidity between 50-60, 24/7..
don’t be touchy feely with them, give them 7 days and we’ll see what ups..
if you decide to do it this way..
oh you ph mmmm..
well your next grow if growing organically or using a medium with ph buffers than DONT ph.. but when using anything synthetic you have to ph..

goodbye95

goodbye95

Ok . So below i provide a video with all my setup and how the humidifier works. The exhaust fan is venting inside the room to try to raise temp a little. I managed to raise the temp by 1 C but as you see the plants didnt like it much. The vent before was connected to the wall fan you see also in the video which ensured good air exchange to a different room .The window of the tent that u see is usually closed. So the tent sucks air from the hole i show that is at the left bottom of the tent. I keep the exhaust fan at 10% lowest just to suck the dehumidified air as the dehumidifier is out of the tent . The humidifier puts fog directly to the tent and the dehumid air needs to be sucked in. I can put any settings i want to the controller such as turning the duct fan completely off when the values are reached to keep air exchange at zero value ( if i provide co2 for example ) i also have a co 2 tank as you see but it is not important for the time being.

IMG 20221024 205301
IMG 20221024 205257
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Bio up and down are for the ph ofc.
Is that ph up and down for the water? You dont have to ph the water, the soil determines the ph if it’s balanced right. If the soil ph is off you need to balance the ph in the soil with black coffee to lower ph and garden lime or wood ash to raise ph

goodbye95

goodbye95

Is that ph up and down for the water? You dont have to ph the water, the soil determines the ph if it’s balanced right. If the soil ph is off you need to balance the ph in the soil with black coffee to lower ph and garden lime or wood ash to raise ph
Yes. These are for the water ph

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok well your all stocked up..
i’d do as i just mentioned in the posting above, feed the bio grow only with each watering when ready, don’t be afraid to let her dry out and get the roots looking for food.
you can let a plant go so dry it’s wilting it’s even leaning over so far looking dead than water and back to life as they have some kind of survival mode but if you water a day or two early like twice in a row with small plants as there roots are small and fragile can seriously affect its growth and can even kill them in extreme cases..
so when is the next feeding?

goodbye95

goodbye95

ok well your all stocked up..
i’d do as i just mentioned in the posting above, feed the bio grow only with each watering when ready, don’t be afraid to let her dry out and get the roots looking for food.
you can let a plant go so dry it’s wilting it’s even leaning over so far looking dead than water and back to life as they have some kind of survival mode but if you water a day or two early like twice in a row with small plants as there roots are small and fragile can seriously affect its growth and can even kill them in extreme cases..
so when is the next feeding?
Thank you . I was indeed a little cautious with watering cause i noticed them wilting like you said after first or second watering .Looking dead. After watering again the plant got straight again ,but bottom leaves turned yellow and dropped. So i thought i should water earlier next time . Since the pot is filled with holes in the sides and bottom, i thought i would not have a problem with oxygen exchange . I figured out that the holes at the sides of the pot let it dry like a sphere instead of top to bottom. In addition there is a ball of moisture just under the plant covering only its small root system and around it its dry soil. I had not take that amount of moisture in mind when i was planning my next watering . Having the vpd always in mind i played with humidity cause i though it was a transpiration problem . And the plants finally got stunned . Next watering probably in 2 days or so. They do not drink the water at all so i must wait for the ambient climate to suck the moisture from the soil.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thank you . I was indeed a little cautious with watering cause i noticed them wilting like you said after first or second watering .Looking dead. After watering again the plant got straight again ,but bottom leaves turned yellow and dropped. So i thought i should water earlier next time . Since the pot is filled with holes in the sides and bottom, i thought i would not have a problem with oxygen exchange . I figured out that the holes at the sides of the pot let it dry like a sphere instead of top to bottom. In addition there is a ball of moisture just under the plant covering only its small root system and around it its dry soil. I had not take that amount of moisture in mind when i was planning my next watering . Having the vpd always in mind i played with humidity cause i though it was a transpiration problem . And the plants finally got stunned . Next watering probably in 2 days or so. They do not drink the water at all so i must wait for the ambient climate to suck the moisture from the soil.
yes.. shouldn’t be too long other than that just check environment and look at them probably gets little lighter in colour before getting better, patience is pretty important right now.. kinda like they are in the hospital..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yes.. shouldn’t be too long other than that just check environment and look at them probably gets little lighter in colour before getting better, patience is pretty important right now.. kinda like they are in the hospital..
that wilting can be from just the water pushing out all the oxygen than usually in short time back to normal happens to me sometimes even with big plants.. means the medium is hanging onto alot of the moisture also.,

Latest posts

Top Bottom