Seedlings abit droopy.

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

How are they looking mate any good growth?

Her ate mine they have been bottom fed last 2-3 days and since then plant growth had really taken off looking nice and green and iv been upping the feed their doing good now
Also since bottom feeding look at my root growth as they not getting as wet from bottom feeding and only drink what they need, I did the same few months back over waterd from top feed and changed to bottom then and again back then root grew well and plant did

These taken today

View attachment 907467View attachment 907469

View attachment 907470
I might bottom feed how.much you watering at the bottom yours are lot bigger than mine tho at the moment I got that net aswel. Mine was about 6 nodes high I topped them
Four Chemdog looking okay tripple cheese not.looking as good.
What's them stands called mate cud do with summet like them

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

How are they looking mate any good growth?

Her ate mine they have been bottom fed last 2-3 days and since then plant growth had really taken off looking nice and green and iv been upping the feed their doing good now
Also since bottom feeding look at my root growth as they not getting as wet from bottom feeding and only drink what they need, I did the same few months back over waterd from top feed and changed to bottom then and again back then root grew well and plant did

These taken today

View attachment 907467View attachment 907469

View attachment 907470
I used to bottom feed seedlings until roots come.out bottom and stem was thicker.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

i
I also have fabric pots, 12 or 15 litre and exactly like you said I'll water everyday when their big in flower about 1litre / 1.5 run off to run off, but iv been wqywrijg less last few days and they seem the be liking it..

That soil moisture test be food idea , people are going to tell you tho coco likes to stay wet,, but like I said before im sure this bagged coco we buy is little different from pure brick coco, also canna
coco my coco the site says let it dry for better air to the root

I'm gonna get moisture metre myself soon to experiment.. Where are you from UK is it?
And yeh from uk matse Got it off amazon.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

And yeh from uk matse Got it off amazon.
[/QUOTE
Local hydroponic store reckons because not feeding to run off. Salt.as built.uo.in coco. Makin the plant droopy and limp ness. He as reccomend me to to give a good flush just oh water. Then from.nownon if ain't going to waater to run off every third feed use just water. Asked him about bottom feed he said would cause problems at root zone.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

What shall I do these am still heavy to feel. Was gena flush them because havent fes to run off once yet. Two days ago they was fed and they am very heavy. All got drainage wholes. Why they stil so heavy. Nute lockout?

IMG 20191105 WA0049
Ph 007

Ph 007

I might bottom feed how.much you watering at the bottom yours are lot bigger than mine tho at the moment I got that net aswel. Mine was about 6 nodes high I topped them
Four Chemdog looking okay tripple cheese not.looking as good.
What's them stands called mate cud do with summet like them
I bottom feed about 4 hours ago when I sent then pics, I poured half a litre in the bottom tray , it sucked it all up a few seconds later I put another half litre in it sucked this up slow but did suck it all up tray was empty in about 10 mins ,, so total was a litre,
but then 4 hours later that's now I just give another half a litre in the tray is sucked some up very slow theirs about 5ml left in the tray they will drink that up soon..

i know it's head work mate and whats mad you done coco few times before no problems..
You asking how much the drinking trying to workout if you need Kore or less I did this lol that's why i keep going back to bottom feeding because I can seem to quite figure out yet how much to water from top,, bottom is doing all they for me when they stop sucking it up I know they been waterd enough..
Also these pots since bottom feeding have dried a bit but not loads, and every day before i bottom water the pot still feels heavy and the bottom of about 2 incurs up feels a little damp on outside of fabric pot.. So iv not let then get that dry
I would of gone dryer but they drinking it fine so kept at it, I'll try let them go dryer soon, as I want to see what very dry does..

Also lol I planted a clone from my clone machine that was a nice size on 0.6e.c and good roots i potted it up into coco 2 days ago and watered till run off like 6" square pots and I didn't water yesterday or today as the still very heavy, the plants are growing look OK but looked better in the clone machine,, I get the same problem every time I do this and then takes me a week or so getting then better by letting then dry they usually look great then I really need start watering less at first pot up lol, that my only problem I'm getting now..

What stand you mean mate you asked about a stand?

I still think it was calmag and over watering like i keep doing,
and its cause you lock out well it did for me many times tested..

What strength feed are you giving them in e.c? And what nutrients? A&b canna coco was it.

When where they watered last what strength in e.c was a litre top feed I remember?
And did the plants look any better after day or so or growth?

Ph 007

Ph 007

More plants I need to experiment , 4 aint enough if some die less yield less smoke end up buying it then cost to much and bast quality most time

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I bottom feed about 4 hours ago when I sent then pics, I poured half a litre in the bottom tray , it sucked it all up a few seconds later I put another half litre in it sucked this up slow but did suck it all up tray was empty in about 10 mins ,, so total was a litre,
but then 4 hours later that's now I just give another half a litre in the tray is sucked some up very slow theirs about 5ml left in the tray they will drink that up soon..

i know it's head work mate and whats mad you done coco few times before no problems..
You asking how much the drinking trying to workout if you need Kore or less I did this lol that's why i keep going back to bottom feeding because I can seem to quite figure out yet how much to water from top,, bottom is doing all they for me when they stop sucking it up I know they been waterd enough..
Also these pots since bottom feeding have dried a bit but not loads, and every day before i bottom water the pot still feels heavy and the bottom of about 2 incurs up feels a little damp on outside of fabric pot.. So iv not let then get that dry
I would of gone dryer but they drinking it fine so kept at it, I'll try let them go dryer soon, as I want to see what very dry does..

Also lol I planted a clone from my clone machine that was a nice size on 0.6e.c and good roots i potted it up into coco 2 days ago and watered till run off like 6" square pots and I didn't water yesterday or today as the still very heavy, the plants are growing look OK but looked better in the clone machine,, I get the same problem every time I do this and then takes me a week or so getting then better by letting then dry they usually look great then I really need start watering less at first pot up lol, that my only problem I'm getting now..

What stand you mean mate you asked about a stand?

I still think it was calmag and over watering like i keep doing,
and its cause you lock out well it did for me many times tested..

What strength feed are you giving them in e.c? And what nutrients? A&b canna coco was it.

When where they watered last what strength in e.c was a litre top feed I remember?
And did the plants look any better after day or so or growth?
They were watered sunday last bout 300 mil each around the stem again as they were heavy. I'm using vitalink a&b. Never checked the ec in three years. Only check the ph. Just lifting the 12 litre pots up and roots are all coming out the bottom. I find this crazy as the plants growth is very very slow. But the pots have all rooted out. Why is this?.
Im pretty sure they have nute lock out from not feeding to run off. Maybe overwatered when first transplanted not sure. Does anyone no why plants are growing really slow but roots are long white thick hanging out bottom of the pots.
Anyway I spoke to my local hydroponic shop he told me to flush allnplants with ph water to help get rid of salt in coco then feed low nutrients to run off.
Just hope this hasnt overwatered them even more...
Was onabout the stand/ tray that you put your pots on mate. And what strain you doing mate. I find dif straina more fussy. Never down Chemdog before and first time ive had this happen to me.

I think these are very slow
600 watt light
Humidity 50
Temps 72-77
Light 24 hours last two weeks
All been topped now to 3rd node.
70coco 30 perlite.
Appreciate all help and replys

Ph 007

Ph 007

They were watered sunday last bout 300 mil each around the stem again as they were heavy. I'm using vitalink a&b. Never checked the ec in three years. Only check the ph. Just lifting the 12 litre pots up and roots are all coming out the bottom. I find this crazy as the plants growth is very very slow. But the pots have all rooted out. Why is this?.
Im pretty sure they have nute lock out from not feeding to run off. Maybe overwatered when first transplanted not sure. Does anyone no why plants are growing really slow but roots are long white thick hanging out bottom of the pots.
Anyway I spoke to my local hydroponic shop he told me to flush allnplants with ph water to help get rid of salt in coco then feed low nutrients to run off.
Just hope this hasnt overwatered them even more...
Was onabout the stand/ tray that you put your pots on mate. And what strain you doing mate. I find dif straina more fussy. Never down Chemdog before and first time ive had this happen to me.

I think these are very slow
600 watt light
Humidity 50
Temps 72-77
Light 24 hours last two weeks
All been topped now to 3rd node.
70coco 30 perlite.
Appreciate all help and replys
Them having them roots coming out the bottom sound good, that's a good sign bottom feeding will fine.

Why don't you soon as ,.put dry trays at bottom of the plants with roots coming out the bottom and sod how wet they are Chuck some a feed in the bottom and see if it suck it up within few seconds or hour or so, the roots are at the bottom so if she wants water she will drink it ,
I not it must be lock out surely ? From that cal I bet

If she don't drink that bottom feed

Do what your hyrdo shop guy said sounds good idea why don't you flush 2 litres through and measure the run off and what e.c comes out ?

When calmag give me problems my plants had good roots as well it even seemed to make my roots grow better but plant looked like shit I don't under stand that, sound like I'm talking shit I know lol how can a sick plant be growing root so well..
I flushed about 2 litre through sucked the run off out the tray and i didn't water again till about 3 days , they stated to look better..

If you flush you can test a bottom feed again in 2-3 days she will drink it right way if she want it less chance over watering

Ph 007

Ph 007

I repeat my pots are heavy when I go to water if I went by weight i would not water as would think they way to heavy need to dry but , I then pour water in tray just to see if it she drinks it and she does,,
If she didn't i would of let it dry more but its getting a sucked up well

Ph 007

Ph 007

It be good to measure your e.c so you can get thing set right

Measure the flush e.c going in
Measure the run off e.c

When I had my problems iv also twice in past flushed and so on got things better but I was slipped into under feeding for a week or two as I was worried that I'd get lock out again , then I'd upp the feed and they looked better

But if she starts bottom feeding you can play about with feed strength. That why you need a wond and set feee to 0.6/0.8e.c a plant that size should grow well at that e.c
You not knowing this e.c you could under or over feed

Ph 007

Ph 007

Just reading realised you said 24 hour light why not 18 I think 18 be better for them to get night rest , I might be wrong but want hurt to go to 18 hour
Or are the autos?

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Just reading realised you said 24 hour light why not 18 I think 18 be better for them to get night rest , I might be wrong but want hurt to go to 18 hour
Or are the autos?
24 to keep temps constant.
I did gove them good flush 2-3 litres each pot at least 20% run off.
Been told feed next day to run off with low nutrients now which shouldn't take much water as they had plenty yesterday. Growth needs to start kicking on. Taking for ever. 4 weeks veg and I'm.i flower usually. These are way behind. Hopefully flush yday and feed nutrients next few days to run off should get these back growing quick
Thought if they were overwatered roots would all be brown and mushy. But they went. Send me picks today or tomorrow.

And when I flushed water coming out look like wee. Wasnt clear?

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Or are the autos?
Ec pen shal.i get did u say will cheap one of amazon be alrite ya reckon as never used one so dont no.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Mine run off looks the same colour think I found it strange, also smelld chemical to me and if I sorta shook that run off about in a jug it also start bubbling/fizzing almost like flat pop it was..
I though was me the. Buy I'm sure its just some additives that in the bagged coco
But ignore that now..

I'm the same mate I would veg about same then flip to 12/12 but coco at start
I was in veg fucking ages some use to die with me when I first stated coco lol and one in just ropes then out started new where son slow and hit root rot then..

That why I'm so interested in this post and helping you it's also helping as literally you have been mirroring my me to T when I had problems. You Even for the same net & pots lol mad

Another idea could be rip then our them post and re-pop into fresh coco, but with tour roots like that it be real shame..

I only said e.c pen so you can get feed spot on for plants this size, mainly checking the run off with it would of been food , if e.c was really high u known it be lockout.
Ones you back on track you propbebly want need it like you never before
But not with problems. It will help you know what wrong the e.c run off on that flush .would of been really good to year shame but if its lockout hopefully this flush will pull them back

I recon that good flush now should work well fingers crossed for you

What pic's do u mean?

I'd you flush just pH water or add some feed just, I use to add feed very low but I did one flush with just water and non problems,, I'm still experimenting on that one , as people say never coco just water, but I like sound of just water as it sounds like it fix lock out better

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

I use w blue lab e.c pen/truncheon good make last years about 80quis not cheap
And pH pens i use to buy cheap yellow mines off Amazon something was never right ended up buying new oh pens in end had 5 yellow one all giving different readings lol so i spent 80 quid on very good pH wond and its so fucking good :)

Ph 007

Ph 007

Just looking at your coco online has like a lot other do this in it
Contains Ecothrive Charge
It’s added at a 1% rate to boosts biological activity & fertility of the media without adding too much nutrition.

^I think that why the run off looks and smells chemically

And adding food to high, and with calmag that's most likely not needed your getting problems./lockout / over feed because the e.c that you adding along with what ever additives is in the coco the small plant can't handle it as now e.c is to high form them. I went to canna coco because i tired other coco and canna had less shit in it,. I looked at back of bag less additives and its worked well.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Also to help the pots drain I'd put something under one side of my tray ton lift one side up 1-2 inches and the pot would train more and dry quicker, water would literally in seconds run out bottom soon I lift one aide up

Ph 007

Ph 007

Her is my pH pens and e.c wond i have , not cheap but last years, and equit , I can't even spell it lol acquiret , acuret lol

Screenshot 20191106 143538
Screenshot 20191106 143448

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Just looking at your coco online has like a lot other do this in it
Contains Ecothrive Charge
It’s added at a 1% rate to boosts biological activity & fertility of the media without adding too much nutrition.

^I think that why the run off looks and smells chemically

And adding food to high, and with calmag that's most likely not needed your getting problems./lockout / over feed because the e.c that you adding along with what ever additives is in the coco the small plant can't handle it as now e.c is to high form them. I went to canna coco because i tired other coco and canna had less shit in it,. I looked at back of bag less additives and its worked well.
How much nutrients ya reckon to get 0.8 ec as only just ordered a pen. How much mil of a&b per 10 litre you reckon?

Top Bottom