Seedlings abit droopy.

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
illmatik

illmatik

Feed to run off every single time. Always feed with calmag/nutrients. Like others have said, you gotta treat Coco like hydro. There's no such thing as overwatering with Coco. Very easy to underwater and accumulate salt buildup, so feed with run off every single time and you'll see happy plants.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I haven't been measuring the ppm or EC of my nutrient mix, but I start with 0ppm RO water and mix calmag and sensi bloom coco at 25% for seedlings/clones.
What you think about putting them up. They are all.in 12 litre fsbricnpots roots hanging out bottom like 6-10 inch long. Pot up??. Someone said theyl be okay soem said pot up.

illmatik

illmatik

Nah, anything more than 3 gallon pots is unnecessary with Coco unless you're planning on growing some giant trees outside.

These are my babies in 2 gallon pots on day # 30 veg:

IMG 20191105 194157

I'm only on my first grow and I decided to try coco. So far everything is going smooth as butter and I can't imagine even trying soil.

I attribute a lot of my success to these two threads here:

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Nah, anything more than 3 gallon pots is unnecessary with Coco unless you're planning on growing some giant trees outside.

These are my babies in 2 gallon pots on day # 30 veg:

View attachment 907679

I'm only on my first grow and I decided to try coco. So far everything is going smooth as butter and I can't imagine even trying soil.

I attribute a lot of my success to these two threads here:

Looking good mate mine are usually like that this is first time having any issues mind ya me and my mate do it together I dont no what hes duing. But I'm trying to fix it. Mine are 4 weeks tomorrow massive roots but not much growth mind ya topping them probz slowed them.down aswell as the salt build up. Flushed a load las night going to feed now low nutrie ts to run off might out few mil of calmag in aswell can only check ph tonite as ec pen not coming for another two days.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Looking good mate mine are usually like that this is first time having any issues mind ya me and my mate do it together I dont no what hes duing. But I'm trying to fix it. Mine are 4 weeks tomorrow massive roots but not much growth mind ya topping them probz slowed them.down aswell as the salt build up. Flushed a load las night going to feed now low nutrie ts to run off might out few mil of calmag in aswell can only check ph tonite as ec pen not coming for another two days.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Just fed them all again to run off. Only took a bout s litre each to get s good run off as coco was stil hert from the flush yesterday.
Use 1\4 strength nutrients and 1/4 strength calmag. As needs to be used in coco my hydro shop said. Especially after salt build up. Will update with pics in a few days give chance for recovery and growth. Cheers for everyones in put.

Ph 007

Ph 007

You don't always need cal mag , and also most coco nutrients contain it so deffo don't need it then..

I don't use cak mag my plants now look amazing lush green..

And also over watering, ii understand the science of not being able to over water as you putting fresh oxygen in the roots with a good run off.

But over 5 grows now iv hit problems from top feeding everday and even every other day,, I get slow growth yellowing deficiencys
Then when i leave them dry above yt 2-3 days and start bottom feeding as I can't under or over water now and the plants always everytime pull through and the roots also explode.

So I know the science makes sense but that shit ain't working for me lol

Also canna website days leave the coco dry out is best for oxygen to the roots

I think what it is most bagged branded coco is very very fine coco
And brick coco is husky iv never seen it up close son might be wrong

And this fine bagged coco is holding onto water more and the oxygen replenish don't work as it would with the fluffyer coco they makes sence right lol?

is bagged coco even husky / fibers or am i wrong lol ? And it. Dry fine coco dust?

^^^their is method in that madness just not sure it right :)

Ph 007

Ph 007

Had no roots showing through my auto pot let dry 2 days roots exploded and stuck to bottom feeding their growing still the roots now

IMG 20191106 164409
IMG 20191106 164400

Ph 007

Ph 007

Just fed them all again to run off. Only took a bout s litre each to get s good run off as coco was stil hert from the flush yesterday.
Use 1\4 strength nutrients and 1/4 strength calmag. As needs to be used in coco my hydro shop said. Especially after salt build up. Will update with pics in a few days give chance for recovery and growth. Cheers for everyones in put.
I most likely have the same water as tiur mate in as well in it and in don't need cal mag, even know my water ppm is at a level they say you should use cal mag but I don't as it was giving me problems and since. topping 2 grows have been lush green good growth..
Their even a few articles saying calmag is a load of shit its not needed for coco

I put money on it you need to stop calmag completely to get the little ones to pull through..

Iv added calmag again on bigger plants they grew fine look good, but when I then stop they look even better..

Also small plants just never once have liked it when in add it and pritty much do not grow for weeks and weeks

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Had no roots showing through my auto pot let dry 2 days roots exploded and stuck to bottom feeding their growing still the roots now

View attachment 907686View attachment 907687
What ever works best bro. I've done some grows with calmag and some without. And I usually water wait for top to dry then water and so on. But because this time I've obviously got nute lockout from the salt.im gena feed to eun off every day? Whether it's the best thing to do or not I will find out. As ppl say water coco daily to run off then u get some websites quoting let it dry out so if it ain't broke dont fix it.
Now I'm feeding mine to run off I'm expecting growth to speed up... give it 3-5 days been told.
Cheers again

Ph 007

Ph 007

A friends just txt me this about his father grow,

The humidity is on 98 as well and tabs with the lights off. He got no air in there no fan no heater when light off. No filter on. The trays are swimming.. He's thick as fuck.

Rolling I am lol

IMG 20191106 WA0008
IMG 20191106 WA0007
IMG 20191106 WA0006

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Might try some with calm
I most likely have the same water as tiur mate in as well in it and in don't need cal mag, even know my water ppm is at a level they say you should use cal mag but I don't as it was giving me problems and since. topping 2 grows have been lush green good growth..
Their even a few articles saying calmag is a load of shit its not needed for coco

I put money on it you need to stop calmag completely to get the little ones to pull through..

Iv added calmag again on bigger plants they grew fine look good, but when I then stop they look even better..

Also small plants just never once have liked it when in add it and pritty much do not grow for weeks and weeks
I might try some with calmag somewith out.

Ph 007

Ph 007

I think of it this way if the feed is low their should be no salt built up in first 2-3 weeks might be wrong , thats just my theory makes sence tho lol

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I think of it this way if the feed is low their should be no salt built up in first 2-3 weeks might be wrong , thats just my theory makes sence tho lol
As you say bro loads different opinions. Whatever works best is what you gota do. I must of been fortunate for the last three years to have no problems when not using run off. Or maybe it proves it can be grown with no run off.
But feeding to run off might increase yield. We shal see

Ph 007

Ph 007

Might try some with calm

I might try some with calmag somewith out.
That be a good idea be interesting to see your results compared mine.
I will in few days add half strength cal to mine now their big fist week flow see biw they respond I got feeling they want like it but I wanna see

Ph 007

Ph 007

As you say bro loads different opinions. Whatever works best is what you gota do. I must of been fortunate for the last three years to have no problems when not using run off. Or maybe it proves it can be grown with no run off.
But feeding to run off might increase yield. We shal see
Ye maybe it less what works init lol time will tell,, I use a cllone machine and the last year or so iv masters it To a T and iv never seen growth so fast on plant and roots and look incredibly healthy.
I have though about going on to dwc same thing as clone machine, but it can be a lot of work and not sure I'd I for the head or time but gewoth is crazy..

I'd like to set coco up in auto pot very soon, so little work the are,

Ph 007

Ph 007

Is the water he's using cold? Is he letting it stand for 24 hours to warm up and also let's the chlorine evaporate? Not straight out the tap and watering guess he not but worth a look at

Enforcer

Enforcer

In the grey is what my local hydro store said
Good advice. However, I wouldn’t flush with plain water until the pre-harvest flush. Running plain water through the coco while the plant is growing could lead to osmotic stress in the roots, due to the rapidly changing salinity. To “reset” coco, you’ll want to flush with the EC you want (say 0.8 EC to start). Then you’ll want to run that solution through the coco until the runoff EC matches what you’re putting in. Then continue daily feedings with the low EC solution to prevent a reoccurrence of salt buildup. When the plant needs more nutes, bump up the strength of the solution in 0.1 EC increments until she’s happy. As she gets bigger she will dry out the coco faster, requiring you to fertigate more frequently. I do 6x a day by mid flower in 3gal pots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom