Seedlings

• Thread starter angry monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
angry monkey

angry monkey

Yeah the bx stay's wet to long for me

Is that because the lack of perlite and it's drainage? In my end mix I have DE and vermiculite as well and a minor amount of perlite for better drainage.

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

The
I had no idea the hp has more perlite. Not something available here from what I've seen. The bx is everywhere. Would of definitely gone with it the first time since I hate perlite.
Ya dont lose sleep over it dude hp has maybe two scoops more perlite then bx. Its like no name raisin bran or kellogs raisin bran. Its all the same shit but you know you gettin two scoops with the kelloggs.

angry monkey

angry monkey

The
Ya dont lose sleep over it dude hp has maybe two scoops more perlite then bx. Its like no name raisin bran or kellogs raisin bran. Its all the same shit but you know you gettin two scoops with the kelloggs.

Haha, made me laugh. Thanks for the info.

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

The
Is that because the lack of perlite and it's drainage? In my end mix I have DE and vermiculite as well and a minor amount of perlite for better drainage.
I think your custom mix is gonna be just fine bro plenty of drainage. Bx is fine and has plenty of drainage as well.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Sadly I am not but I will look into it to see if I can find something similar if I don't stick with this approach.
Downloadfile 35
Has rice hulls and biochar and other goodies with no charge.....

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Just for me the hp already has the perlite it needs so I figured why waste my time mixing it when it costs about the same price plus my time to do it. But seeing that you already have what you need there is no need for you to buy the hp

angry monkey

angry monkey

That stuff looks pretty awesome for something from a bag.

2 of the 3 have broken ground so we will see how this goes soon. I can't thank you guys enough for the recommendations and encouragement.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

It's going good fir me so far but just to to start seeds or cuttings I transplant into an ammended recycled soil/coco

Tnelz

Tnelz

I'm very new to the organic soil thing but I'm going to assume the regular soil mix I have mixed up will be a bit hot for seedlings. I whipped this up for 3 seedlings and 3 clones.

A cup = 18oz solo cup for my use

2 cups promix bx
2 cups canna coco
1 1/2 cup vermiculite
1/2 cup perlite
2 cup ewc

They will get a tea a week or so in and I would expect them to be the cup for another week. My question is do I need to add anything else? Dolomite lime or something for ph and calcium? I plan on just watering as this will be my first full no bottle run. Suggestions or comments welcome.
Hey bro good luck with the grow. Didn't read the entire thread but a couple things. Sounds like a fine mix and it should serve u well. I would keep the perlite ditch the vermiculite and put as much ewc as you want to. Ur mix is the farthest thing from hot my brother. I think ur seeds will love ur mix and thrive in it. I just think getting rid of the vermiculite will give u more control of the moisture. So good luck bro and hope it turns out well.

Tmb

Tnelz

Tnelz

I forgot to ask the other day if you ph the water for seedlings or just pour as is?
PH forever! Every single time forever. Until u get used to whatever ur adding. Unless ur speaking on tea then I wouldn't bother.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I had no idea the hp has more perlite. Not something available here from what I've seen. The bx is everywhere. Would of definitely gone with it the first time since I hate buying perlite.
You would or should I say should still add more perlite even with hp. Just my opinion. Perlite is ur friend bro!

angry monkey

angry monkey

Since I had a ton of it anyhow I added a lot more perlite. Few more cups of coco as well. Should be enough starter mix for my next couple rounds. The kids went in and we will see what happens.

I find perlite to be a mess.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Since I had a ton of it anyhow I added a lot more perlite. Few more cups of coco as well. Should be enough starter mix for my next couple rounds. The kids went in and we will see what happens.

I find perlite to be a mess.
Before I mess around with perlite I get one of my just water spray bottles and spray into an undisturbed bag. Not to much but just get the top slightly wet. Keeps the dust way down.

angry monkey

angry monkey

If you have a local brewery near by they will usually have some to get rid of. There's a feed store in the country near here where I can get them but were out of stock. Local brew stores are popping up but they seem to want a bit more money for them.

Top Bottom