Wanted Seeds in Australia

• Thread starter Spana3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elusiveshame

Just did a quick peruse through this thread and some of the shipping charges (domestically) sounds a bit silly. $15+ to ship a tiny package? I just shipped a 6 lbs package for $9.80 via priority. Any package under 16 ounces costs maybe $7 at worst, and even that’s a bit high.

Not saying these folks are inflating the shipping costs, but they don’t sound right.

International shipping costs between $23 and $45 for up to 2 lbs (without any special services added).

Also, you can schedule a pickup at your door, or hand the package to the postal worker when they deliver your mail, or put it in your box with the flag up, provided you’ve already printed out a postage label.

Y

yobbocrack

I registered with Herbies but to get the shipping price for the order made you have to contact them for a price.

Y

yobbocrack

Herbies charges $45au shipping for 11 single seeds without insurance but they do recommend insurance but they don't mention the cost of insurance lol

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I live in the US, and I'm not involved in shipping things, my wife buys different yarns (she knits Alpaca hats) so she knows a bit about it. Unless you're a company, possibly getting bulk shipping rate discounts.......to have to send packages not just to other countries, but Australia being a separate continent, and certainly pretty darn far away from the US, Europe.......things either get there by air, or by ship. And that's just the long trip to get there. Even if someone is adding $20 to the cost of sending a package to another continent, for their time and effort, to wrap things up, make trips to drop packages off.......that's not so bad. There's also how fast we want things.

The other part of all of this, I don’t know much about Australian politics, but after living through what we've had to put up with in the US for a certain 4 year period beginning in 2016........we still are.....and quite frankly I'm surprised that we've experienced such a push towards marijuana legalization through this time, and let's not declare victory yet, these same moral authoritarians will definitely turn legalization back if they get the chance.......

Vote. Participate, help others to register to vote. If you want to see laws changed, government is us trying to get things done and make progress. We're lucky we get the chance to participate.

Y

yobbocrack

The issue for me is not about the cost but what the actual total cost is they seem to make it a mystery through the order process and then you have to contact them.

Y

yobbocrack

i found out later the $45au shipping does include insurance.

E

elusiveshame

Even if someone is adding $20 to the cost of sending a package to another continent, for their time and effort, to wrap things up, make trips to drop packages off.......that's not so bad. There's also how fast we want things.

I ship on average 20 packages a week (not weed seeds) and ship worldwide, and I'll tell ya, you'd lose business upping shipping charges like that. If I saw someone up their shipping charges by $20, I'd never buy from them. How long do you think it takes to pack up some seeds? lol

Also, just schedule a pickup, or toss it in your mailbox with the flag up. Both are free to do if you've printed out your shipping label (either with a regular printer + some tape, or a label printer).

Unless you're a business like Amazon, you're not getting major discounts on shipping. You can use Pirate Ship (a free service) to get discounts on shipping costs as well (same with PayPal, but shipstation is garbage).

All USPS shipping comes with between $50 and $100 of insurance coverage, depending on your shipping method. You can opt for a higher coverage. Also, insurance is kind of a waste of money with USPS. As the customer, you can't file the claim, the sender does (they require the shipping receipt). Then, you have to hope the USPS decides to take responsibility, which can take months. In the day of the internet, if you don't get your product, you can just do a chargeback through your CC company, or PayPal (if that's how you paid).

Y

yobbocrack

All USPS shipping comes with between $50 and $100
actually the insurance Herbies refers too is there replacement if the order does not arrive...AKA customs nabbed it.

I was reading Seedsupreme's payment methods quite humorous like gangsters.
Quote:
Simply put the money in a sturdy envelope, make sure it is correctly stamped, and send it to our address. To make sure that the money is not visible through the envelope, put it between two bits of cardboard, for example, and don't send coins. Don't forget to include a note with your name and order number.

E

elusiveshame

actually the insurance Herbies refers too is there replacement if the order does not arrive...AKA customs nabbed it.

I was reading Seedsupreme's payment methods quite humorous like gangsters.
Quote:
Simply put the money in a sturdy envelope, make sure it is correctly stamped, and send it to our address. To make sure that the money is not visible through the envelope, put it between two bits of cardboard, for example, and don't send coins. Don't forget to include a note with your name and order number.

Ahh, I thought you were talking about postal insurance.

I don't think I'd ever send cash in the mail, especially to a backalley weed seed dealer lmao

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

Herbies charges $45au shipping for 11 single seeds without insurance but they do recommend insurance but they don't mention the cost of insurance lol
insurance is important, my mate from aus always take out insurance when ordering from herbies and once it helped, cuz seeds were intercepted by customs so he had a replacement

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
makes you wonder why homeslice that was just a dude was charging $70 lol. always gotta be some scammer being all nice trying to explain himself lolol

especially since $45 AU is like $31 USD lolol

Meraki genetics better send me a BJ in the package with it for $70

E

elusiveshame

makes you wonder why homeslice that was just a dude was charging $70 lol. always gotta be some scammer being all nice trying to explain himself lolol

especially since $45 AU is like $31 USD lolol

Meraki genetics better send me a BJ in the package with it for $70

For real. There's zero justification on sending a few seeds and it costing $70 for *just shipping*.

Y

yobbocrack

Herbies does recommend there replacement insurance for aussie customers and its a good thing as customs here apparently are always looking for seeds and will destroy them, my first order a fews years back with Seedsman a 10 pack of oem packaging RQS got confiscated and i received a letter from them that they got destroyed and that was the end of that, i did pay replacement insurance with seedsman and resent again but with seeds removed and they arrived and then i placed another order again but selected seeds removed from packaging and they arrived as well.

Y

yobbocrack

I'll still put a order through with Herbies at least they got stock and looking at Seedsman website there is a lot of no stock.

Y

yobbocrack

kudos to Herbies with there live online assistance it made the bank transfer order process simple.

Y

yobbocrack

wow i already got shipping notification seeds have been sent that's some fast work Herbies :)

Y

yobbocrack

probably most deliveries will make it through there is always the unlucky ones that don't.

G

Greenny

At least they ship there, ilgm stopped sending to AU. Herbies doesn't give up. My brother received it recently, how happy he was

Y

yobbocrack

At least they ship there, ilgm stopped sending to AU. Herbies doesn't give up. My brother received it recently, how happy he was
there was a time when Seedsman stopped taking new accounts from AU residents because of too many deliveries taken at customs.
I did misunderstand the $45 as it does include the insurance as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom