Septoria, deficiency, neither, I don’t know?

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rama777

Rama777

Awesome work! I have a few more things to tweak. Most of what’s holding me back is making sure all of my electrical systems are definitely not a fire hazard!

Speaking of, I’ve figured out that my HPS doesn’t like to strike with the timer I have it plugged into. Did a lot of research on the subject and have a solution. It requires waiting for something in the mail though..

Until then, I’m usually home when lights go out but tomorrow I’m accompanying my son on a field trip and will not be here. What do you guys think about turning the lights out 40 minutes earlier than 12 hours as a one time thing?

Rama777

Rama777

I’m glad I figured this out because I think my “heavy duty” timer is close to melting. I don’t want to risk having it be plugged in tomorrow. And even if I did, I’m not sure if the light will fire up with it again anyways.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Awesome work! I have a few more things to tweak. Most of what’s holding me back is making sure all of my electrical systems are definitely not a fire hazard!

Speaking of, I’ve figured out that my HPS doesn’t like to strike with the timer I have it plugged into. Did a lot of research on the subject and have a solution. It requires waiting for something in the mail though..

Until then, I’m usually home when lights go out but tomorrow I’m accompanying my son on a field trip and will not be here. What do you guys think about turning the lights out 40 minutes earlier than 12 hours as a one time thing?
Ok, so, one sure fire way to make sure that your electrical is good, and I can’t stress this enough. More is more in this regard. Every extension cord, every triple plug, surge protector should all be high load wiring. If you go above and beyond in this regard you buy
1 peace of mind
2a fail safe against surges
3 zero chance of your circuit continuity being a fire hazard. Always remember the longer the cord, meaning the more extra footage you have, the higher the wattage pull.
So short high quality cables and surge protectors is one of the keys to safety.

Rama777

Rama777

Thanks, I’m on it. I actually have a lot of experience with electrical work. I’ve wired up whole houses including mains panels. No stranger there. I’m slowly pulling the pieces together. Adding the other tent was a new complexity. And the inductive aspect to ballasts I will admit was new to me. It’s surprising that there isn’t a single plug and play, single timer on the market for HID lights.

I did find something legit on eBay that will work for my wants and needs to rectify the timer situation. New in box and not made anymore.

Which reminds me, turning the light off manually 40 minutes early tomorrow, not a huge deal?

Rama777

Rama777

One of the days I’ll get down in my god awful crawl space and pull a spare 240 line into the room the tent is in..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Thanks, I’m on it. I actually have a lot of experience with electrical work. I’ve wired up whole houses including mains panels. No stranger there. I’m slowly pulling the pieces together. Adding the other tent was a new complexity. And the inductive aspect to ballasts I will admit was new to me. It’s surprising that there isn’t a single plug and play, single timer on the market for HID lights.

I did find something legit on eBay that will work for my wants and needs to rectify the timer situation. New in box and not made anymore.

Which reminds me, turning the light off manually 40 minutes early tomorrow, not a huge deal?
Nah, not if you don’t make a habit of it. You’ll be fine.

B

Bdubs

It’s like sneaking in your room with a little moon light from the door opening before you trip and fall over shit trying to find your piece you were smoking off of. Little bit is ok, but every night a no no. Experienced grow room pitch black tripper.

Rama777

Rama777

I found a video of a 3x3 tent grow with a somewhat similar canopy to mine. At 18 days into flower they show a sped up defoliation.

It looks SO intense! Is this a normal level of defoliation practice?

Porky1982

Porky1982

I found a video of a 3x3 tent grow with a somewhat similar canopy to mine. At 18 days into flower they show a sped up defoliation.

It looks SO intense! Is this a normal level of defoliation practice?

Some do some don't!!
Personally I'm way to lazy to put that much effort in!!

Rama777

Rama777

Ha! Well, I don’t mind putting the time in but I just wonder if it’s actually a good practice for yields.

B

Bdubs

Personal opinion, that much defoliating is just detrimental. Because of the 3x3 and lack of space, they sacrifice more than just recovery time from that. It will reduce their yeilds that they Could have had if they didn’t touch them other than a heavy lower defoliate and allowing the top to grow and gain that light coverage and less stress. It is a reduction in what could have been.

B

Bdubs

So for their space they may have cleaned it up and made it look cool. But they definitely will lose yields. But they had to because for heir space. They see added gains because of the size and space and were forced to reduce the plants potential because of choosing a tent that required defoliation or risk of crowding.

B

Bdubs

They also use the net which is going to keep them down and pose another stress. I don’t agree with making them pretty. I chose not to use a tent not only because I didn’t have to from the setup and location chosen but, instead of spreading the pots further apart and allowing light coverage they are forced to chop it all up and at the mercy of the tent. I don’t believe they would have felt the need to do that if they didn’t have the tent in their mind as a factor in what and why they do it like that.

Rama777

Rama777

Bdubs, you mentioned they “had to” do it because of their space, but that’s exactly the same amount of space that I have. So does that mean that you think “given their space,” that much defoliation was in fact the right thing to do?

B

Bdubs

You can do a precision prune job that won’t leave you with no solar panels. They murdered this thing and as a result I wouldn’t be surprised if they get good bud but at the cost of a week of growth and progress. I have a dude I know who lollipops this hard and he always always cries about only getting a few ounces per plant.

B

Bdubs

There are just too many reasons not to run your plants over. I couldn’t cover them all. Bro science or plant biology.

Humans have this ridiculous trait to put quality to looks and smells over true product quality. Like believing purple bud is a direct correlation to quality. It is like the unnatural selection humans have undertook for breeding dogs. They look cute so let’s breed those two. Chopping everything off looks uniform and “good” and I can see the bud I will smoke, so it has to be good to make it look naked.

I know some get away with great buds doing all the work. I’ve seen it. I’ve seen 1 pound per plant yields from someone who would take 2-3 leafs in flower, all the way through flower, but never a full breakdown and naked to the buds. Always always leaving big leafs doing major work.

So, that technique is not a road to yields but a product of being at the mercy of their setup and self fulfillment that they are active with managing their plant…. Which is fine but you risk herm if you don’t know the plant, if you’ve stressed her a lot until that point. If she isn’t 100% healthy before doing it. It’s a bored grower trying to do something new and exciting for self fulfillment. That’s ok because they have experience and they probably don’t care much about their potential for yeilds.

If you are going for yield, veg longer and do only what is necessary. The plant will do all the dirty work. Yields require perfect conditions, feeding and mindful pruning. Not “redirecting all the juice to only what’s there”. It doesn’t work like that sadly and you need all the leafs you can get. Solution to any tent grower, get a bigger one to target yeilds. Smaller tent may require drastic measures though, things you may never have done had you had unlimited space to work with.

Want bigger yields, LST is the road to that, not pruning. Because the goal is more light coverage. If you’re short on space you cannot get more light coverage in a wider area, so prune it. Right? Mercy of the available space just like a plants available root zone to keep growing more. Processes stop when they don’t have the room. 🤯

Rama777

Rama777

Thanks, that gives me a lot to chew on!

My take away from your insight in my context is to prune heavier than one would if space was not an issue, but no go so crazy as to accidentally reduce yields and/or stress the plant to the point of going hermie..

Top Bottom