Septoria, deficiency, neither, I don’t know?

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rama777

Rama777

Seriously though! But I’m totally happy to be in for the ride..

My plans and visions keep changing everyday as I watch them morph!

So yeah, prune away little by little, no problem?

I knew they were going to probably grow an inch or more everyday, but now that they are, it’s intimidating to witness!

Last edited:
Rama777

Rama777

On one of my clones. From my experience with plants I was thinking edema maybe? If you zoom in you’ll see many tiny little white spots.
1841FFC2 EF22 49BB 8A2C A47A4CA0A9AF

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
On one of my clones. From my experience with plants I was thinking edema maybe? If you zoom in you’ll see many tiny little white spots.View attachment 2075895
Best be checking for bugs.
Look under all of your leaves.
Spray with captain jacks dead bug.
Best time to find them is now, before a full flower blossom.

Rama777

Rama777

Yes sir Captain! see that the resolution of images gets reduced. The spots are definitely tiny little deposits of some sort. I mist them on occasion with my hard well water but I doubt it’s calcium or sodium deposits. I’ll break out the jeweler’s loop and report back..

Rama777

Rama777

It’s not bugs. I think it’s a bit of edema though I could be wrong.

I need to either lower the VPD in the clone dome to discourage transpiration or raise the VPD to decrease the moisture content in the medium they are in. Polar opposite actions!

I’m gonna go with increasing the humidity.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Well that a relief. Good deal. Yeah I wouldn’t sweat it bud, sometimes clones struggle some, not to the point of death or anything, some just stress harder than others.

Rama777

Rama777

I had created the beginning stages of nitrogen toxicity a couple weeks ago. I reduced the feeding strength and that stopped occurring.

Now that they are in the stretch and growing about an inch a day, is it safe to assume that they might be able to handle the amount that was a bit too much earlier on?

Also, the veg formula was 10-3-9, and the next phase of these nutrients are 5-5-12.

From a few days before the flip and from then on, I’ve been blending the two at around a 50/50 ratio. Based on those NPK numbers, and that these are vigorous stretchers, would you guys taper the blend over the next week until I’m at 100% of the bloom nutes, or would you jump straight to the bloom nutes?

The recommendation is to use the bloom nutes for the first 4 weeks of flower, and then there is another set of nutes for the finishing and fattening weeks.

I don’t know what the average npk ratios are of early flowering nutes, but I’m guessing 5-5-12 is on the higher side with regard to the nitrogen? If so, my gut says to cut out the addition of the veg nutes and go straight to just the bloom now.

Any advice?

Rama777

Rama777

Is a leaf looking this at the bottom of the plant
F53D4253 789D 4AF3 8D2E F4CE08648260
cause for concern or indicative of anything or just normal as they grow?

Rama777

Rama777

And these branches here? One is half as tall as the plant and one is 3/4 the way to the top.

If I take branches like this out now (7 days into flower), am I reducing yields or just controlling the number of tops? I’ll let them stay if removing them would reduce my yields. They are far enough along that they should produce quality buds, but I’m looking to carefully limit my number of tops while not reducing yields.
EFB911F5 EC5C 42E9 9FA6 9937585EBE37

Rama777

Rama777

Been seeing this on some leaves since practically the beginning. Any ideas what it might be? At first I thought too much light. Then I thought too much calcium. Then I thought maybe something about running a pretty damn high VPD, or maybe the big VPD swings between day and night. If it were a deficiency, well I hadn’t given that too much thought actually.

F357312C 3522 4CDE 84B0 93B912C36A16
Rama777

Rama777

Sorry to be pushy but any chance I could get some guidance with how high up I should be taking out bud sites, knowing that they have another 10” of vertical growth? Like take out every bud site and potential little branch from the bottom half now? Bottom third? Like I have side shoots that are part of what will be considered the bottom third at final height, but if I leave be, they will stretch and BECOME part of the top half of the plant at final height.those are what’s really confusing me.

Rama777

Rama777

And this is a pretty dense canopy for a 3x3, which is why I’m wondering if I should just clip out everything from the lower half now and not allow any of the lower third shoots to try and stretch up. Worried they won’t get enough light but I lack the experience to make the call.

B

Bdubs

All those sites you pointed out will produce smokable buds. I dont remove nodes of buds. I remove New shoots with baby bud growing from it though. Those small shoots with a node right there and decent bud already growing, don’t touch them.

No bud sites/nodes taken. Only shoots and foliage removed. Should give you nakedness. No need to remove node sites. New shoots or foliage only.

IMG 7529
Rama777

Rama777

Awesome thank you so much!!! In order to ensure they are smokeable buds, I will probably need to take out some of the leaves from the upper canopy. Check this photo out. NOT including the leaves that are still yellow/light green, we’re looking at around 320 leaves. I’m including two nodes (4 leaves) for each of the 80 or so tops. If this was your tent, “roughly” how many of those leaves would you remove between now and day 21?

B

Bdubs

These questions start to venture into each individuals own process and what works for them. It is a part of the art of growing. Pruning, mainlining, all methods are specific to each persons personal style. So it is hard to say there is one way. It becomes personal around this point as to how much do you want to stress her and how are you going to stress her out.

If you want single main colas with zero shoots off the main stem, for uniform single stalks of stacked buds, yeah take all shoots coming off the mains all the way up. But it has consequences for visual appeal. Like light coverage and yield. It isn’t called boutique weed for nothing. But it also comes down to how far spacing is your nodes up the main stalk? Is she going to have the node spacing, is her strain going to allow tight spacing for bottom up cola spiraling? Is your Ph perfect all through flower to get the bud growth to close the node space gaps? Light distance and rate of vamping nutes in veg. Bloom in veg can promote tighter node spacing. For real, this question gets deep and every avenue of what you are going for has a requirement or a risk involved. It’s a tough question when it comes to prune style and acceptable vs not. Hard to tell someone to take things off their plants. 😁 general direction is easy and personal techniques can be copied. But I guarantee you there is always a key technique missing in most peoples suggestions of what or how it should be done.

Rama777

Rama777

Brilliant answer!!

Well let me try to walk myself through what the hell I am going to decide to do. I’ve been back and forth about things in my mind 1,000 times.

Is it safe to say that if I did very minimal defoliation that the bud sites below the upper canopy would “likely” be underwhelming and potentially underdeveloped?

B

Bdubs

They look great!

The last go round- See how far from the light and below some of these bud sites are? They made buds the size of common high quality dispensary buds. I harvested a crap load of high quality bud from the lower parts. These were pruned the same as the one in the previous picture I posted.

IMG 7141
IMG 7184
Top Bottom