Septoria, deficiency, neither, I don’t know?

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rooke

Rooke

Well said @ Bdubs I feel that I want to add my 2 cents worth as well. I haven’t had more than 4 inside grows under my belt but many outdoors and I believe that your leaves tell you what’s going on with your plants Health. If they’re droopy she’s getting dry if they’re perky she’s happy etc. if you take all her clothes off and she gets cold you have no indication of what’s going on buds don’t talk to you unless it’s too late. I tried defoliating and stunted my plants and put them into shock ahhhhh! Did they recover I can’t answer that cuz I had no leaves to tell me what was going on. Sure lollipop the bottoms for airflow if needed and tuck if required but don’t stress them out by taking too many all at once. Just mho no punches please lol!!!

oldtimer1960

oldtimer1960

Thank you so much, so far so good! I credit you guys, the intelligence of the plants and I suppose myself just a little for making sure that they have good soil, proper moisture and a healthy environment ;)

It’s kind of insane how much I enjoy this! On my farm, I always have what amounts I imagine to a hundred thousand or more plants. Like take a bed of arugula. Those plants are so freaking densely planted. There are probably many thousands of individual arugula plants per bed. I tend to the BED of the arugula, not the individual plants. I suppose peppers and tomatoes get more individual attention. But even then, it’s just not the same. Providing so much care for just 4 plants is a whole ‘nother experience and one that I am fast falling in love with..
It is addictive

Rama777

Rama777

Great points Rooke.

Regardless of how much I end up taking off, the timeline is still a mystery to me as far as how I should go about doing what, and when.

I could drop a screen down now, but if I do, I won’t have access to the back plants to prune the lowers off later. So if I do put in a screen now, I’m thinking I need to then prune the bottom HALF of the plant so that after the stretch that bottom half ends up being closer to the bottom third. But, I’m only a few days into 12/12 and the good Captain had advised that I should leave them alone for some weeks.

Or, I can leave them alone for now, wait maybe 10-18 days, prune, then drop the screen down.

Thoughts?

Rama777

Rama777

Putting a screen in now has the benefit of being able to potentially use a second one after stretch to further help with support. But, it would definitely require lollipopping within the first week of flowering, and also therefore taking off a higher percentage of current foliage than if I do everything later on.

Rooke

Rooke

Great points Rooke.

Regardless of how much I end up taking off, the timeline is still a mystery to me as far as how I should go about doing what, and when.

I could drop a screen down now, but if I do, I won’t have access to the back plants to prune the lowers off later. So if I do put in a screen now, I’m thinking I need to then prune the bottom HALF of the plant so that after the stretch that bottom half ends up being closer to the bottom third. But, I’m only a few days into 12/12 and the good Captain had advised that I should leave them alone for some weeks.

Or, I can leave them alone for now, wait maybe 10-18 days, prune, then drop the screen down.

Thoughts?
Captain knows best when I did a defoliation indoors I did it 2 weeks before I flipped then again 2 weeks after I saw buds that’s when I over pruned them and they didn’t respond well to it they stopped drinking and didn’t swell much at all. I fucked up

Rama777

Rama777

Dang I’m sorry, that must have been painful to watch! Did you take off more than 1/3 of the foliage?

Rama777

Rama777

A general rule for every kind of plant and tree is to never take off more than 1/3 of the growth when pruning.

Rama777

Rama777

After measuring the plants today I had a realization. I think lollipopping is basically out of the question until at least 12 days into stretch. I’m seeing an inch of growth everyday. My HPS bulb does not play nicely with my ballast so I’ve been running 400MH for the last two days. Picking up some hortilux super 600’s today. So I may see over an inch a day once I have that in tonight. Regardless of anything I could attempt now, they’d just need a real lollipopping later, so I’ll keep leaving them alone..

Obviously this is nothing new to you guys but I’m just throwing out what I’m learning.

Everything is gonna wind up being 26-30” tall with one being shorter, propped up on a riser to make them even. We’ll see if that estimate is bogus later but that’s what I’m gonna plan around!

So the screen and bottom pruning plan right now is to let them be close to finished stretching, pull them out to prune, get them into final position and with the help of a friend, slowly and carefully lower the screen and feed tops into squares as we go.

Good plan?

Rama777

Rama777

Ultra bushy plants! I’m thinking I should do some defoliation now, and then again on day 21. Is that the best move? If I wait, I worry I’ll have to either take too much off later, or to not risk shocking them, still potentially hurt my yields by having too many leaves covering bud sites below the canopy. So hard to make these decisions as a first timer!

Rama777

Rama777

B2E55240 4927 4E3F 9DEE 6452276821F2

B

Bdubs

Man that looks sexy. Only take what’s pushing the leafs into other plants and against the tent! I personally let them go a bit and see where they chose to go. But ultimately taking the leafs shocking against the tent.

Rama777

Rama777

Thanks man! Yeah when Captain said it was about to get loony tunes, he wasn’t kidding! Just put the hortilux 600 HPS in, so it will start getting crazier even faster..

I just kicked the lights on and they get over an inch! Looks like all in all they’ve all grown 5-6”
in the last 4 days..

Okay so I’ll start with the leaves that are hitting the tent. After that what’s my next target? Or I could just do tent wall leaves and save more plucking for tomorrow. I like the idea of doing a little each day but it really sounds uncommon. Is that because it’s bad for the plants or maybe more because a lot of people prefer to just knock out the work in one session?

Rama777

Rama777

Okay all done! I don’t think I went crazy. Just got most of the leaves smushing into the tent and the leaves pushing into each other, as Bdubs advised. Seems like solid advice ;)

Gonna give them a few days and see how they handle that and then will start focusing on getting some more light into the middle.

Thanks guys, that was quite fun!

Please let me know if you have any criticisms!

Sorry no more pretty metal halide shots :(

Though actually I bought some clip on lenses to put over my glasses that will supposedly make everything look more like daylight. Hoping I can use it as a filter with my phone camera..

010AFAB6 E28D 4664 8C37 31C683F4DE85
3F47EDB0 ADA0 4C15 8BFC F073D2BB6A1A
Last edited:
Rama777

Rama777

About to do some tying down again. Trying my best to end up as even as possible..

Rama777

Rama777

For planning purposes, about how far should I have my tops extend up past the trellis screen? No scrogging intended, just a single screen for support.

Or is that something that should be decided based on the distance between my nodes?

Rama777

Rama777

Okay I think I really need to go ahead and install a screen..

I bought one but I don’t like the looks of it so I’m gonna build one out of PVC and install it on Monday.

I’ve got like 80 tops or so. I don’t really want any more. Any that are close to coming up I will probably leave but is it a safe move to start clipping out the suckers that are trying to make their way up?

Also, is it cool if I do some pruning every 3-4 days instead of doing everything that needs to be done in just 2 sessions, which seems to be roughly the norm? I’ve got 15 days left until the 21 days of 12/12 mark. The plants seem to be vigorous and bullet proof so far.

Any significant drawbacks to doing so?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Told ya it was gonna get wild in there 😂😂👊🏻 I’d throw down a net. Get crazy!

Top Bottom