Seventeen Strain Supergrow

• Thread starter Sirius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Holy fuck sirius, your not supposed to put your plants out in the snow like that, figured you knew better than that, lol, man fuckin sick bro, just sick!

H

HighTolerance

I have to say I didn't change anything too much from strain to strain.. I did get a feeling for what strains can take what nutes at what stages of growth.. so on the next run with my keepers I can really juice it up... I kept things on the lower end as far as nutrient levels so those plants that appeared to be able to take a little more N or P and K I could easily add those.. Using RO water makes this a breeze. I have learned that consistency throughout the plants life cycle is what truly matters... Just like any living thing it takes time to adapt to change...

Makes perfect sense bro. I do the exact same thing now, stay low and figure out what more each strain wants. My Casey is a heavy feeder, she will take anything you throw at her. I cut one of my pots of coco with organics, I was feeding her really hard too, I checked the run off mid bloom and it came out to EC of 6.4. The plant had no signs of burn what so ever, although I think organics were also part of the reason plants didn't burn.

You are right, using RO definitely gives that extra bit of control to really nail everything down to the dot. While on this subject, I must admit how jealous I am of the Bay Area's <35ppm water, where as in So Cal we deal with 400-800ppm, so tap water isn't even a possibility here.

I reckon you will wait until the final smoke test to finalize the keepers for the next round. I think your plant
Definitely reserving a seat for your next round.

If possible would you post your nute regimen for the next round, I would love to learn a bit more specifics for the strains you are running, as I am interested in almost all of them.

Everything you got cracking is dank for sure, but which one you think is the highest yielder?

Sorry for the long post. CJ bubble has the tendency to make me very talkative.

S

Sirius

Makes perfect sense bro. I do the exact same thing now, stay low and figure out what more each strain wants. My Casey is a heavy feeder, she will take anything you throw at her. I cut one of my pots of coco with organics, I was feeding her really hard too, I checked the run off mid bloom and it came out to EC of 6.4. The plant had no signs of burn what so ever, although I think organics were also part of the reason plants didn't burn.

You are right, using RO definitely gives that extra bit of control to really nail everything down to the dot. While on this subject, I must admit how jealous I am of the Bay Area's <35ppm water, where as in So Cal we deal with 400-800ppm, so tap water isn't even a possibility here.

I reckon you will wait until the final smoke test to finalize the keepers for the next round. I think your plant
Definitely reserving a seat for your next round.

If possible would you post your nute regimen for the next round, I would love to learn a bit more specifics for the strains you are running, as I am interested in almost all of them.

Everything you got cracking is dank for sure, but which one you think is the highest yielder?

Sorry for the long post. CJ bubble has the tendency to make me very talkative.

HT, Thank you for the detailed post... It makes me feel like I'm not sittin here for nothin.. lol.. Anyway.. adding organics is a good way to ensure your plants are getting everything they need.. I like to mix in the occasional compost tea and they really like it. Especially with all the beneficial microbes. I hit them pretty hard with this stuff early on.. when my ppms are pretty low.. This allows the colonies to establish around the newly forming roots and also giving the plant a complex palate to draw from.

The rest of my nutrient schedule is pretty simple. For the most part I just used the cutting edge 3 part.. with their uncle johns for some carbs/sugars and the plant amp for calcium. They also have mag amp for those who might have mag issues.. i use this when needed. Other than that I just use big bud for a p/k spike once the buds start forming... One thing I like about the cutting edge is the fact that it has such good ph buffering capabilities. The water here is roughly 250 ppm and teeters around a ph of 8..

I am not sure if I got some freak pheno, but the White Fire seems to be to heaviest yielder so far.. The 'A' pheno.. Right next to the Julius Caesar and Double Death.. There is a Strawberry Bubba I got that is just a beast too..

S

Sirius

Holy fuck sirius, your not supposed to put your plants out in the snow like that, figured you knew better than that, lol, man fuckin sick bro, just sick!

Thanks. That means a lot! You too JH420! Respect!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
HT, Thank you for the detailed post... It makes me feel like I'm not sittin here for nothin.. lol.. Anyway.. adding organics is a good way to ensure your plants are getting everything they need.. I like to mix in the occasional compost tea and they really like it. Especially with all the beneficial microbes. I hit them pretty hard with this stuff early on.. when my ppms are pretty low.. This allows the colonies to establish around the newly forming roots and also giving the plant a complex palate to draw from.
Excellent info Sirius! I'm just starting to use FloraBlend and Great White... still not sure how much molasses and when it should be used in veg... especially with mothers. Got any advice? :wondering

S

Sirius

What up Shady!? I'm going through the same thing... no I'm not talkin about bein up until dawn haha.. but dealing with the mothers.. I have been debating this and trying different mediums and mixtures.. But I have been learning a lot lately how important it is to keep things simple.. So I am going back to soil for my moms. I will be mixing up a rich blend for them and feed them just clean water. If need be a light 3part. Just got a 125w cfl and they are loving it.. I will be getting a few more to scatter.. No more HID for my moms! Just some nice cool fluorescent light.. I personally dont use molasses.. there are more refined sugars in sweet, bud candy, or uncle johns blend.. to name a few. If you are going organic I guess you would want the unrefined molasses for your beneficiaries. I pump up the sugars for big sturdy plants when im after some buds.. not cuts.. or a lot of cuts for a run or something.. This is what makes sense in my little brain.. If someone can concur, negate or inform, please! hope this helps Shady! :)

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Hows it going homie? You smoking them buds yet?

fred

I've been thinking of doing mother plants in soil. I also agree with your thoughts on sugars..:sun

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I use molasses once or twice while my girls are in veg at the rate of 1 tbsp per 3 gallons. It mixes quite well and feeds the bennies in my soil. During the bloom cycle, I use it at the beginning of week two at 3/4 tbsp per gallon, and again at weeks 4 and 7. Week 7 is usually during the final flush; for longer blooms I use it normally at week 7 and then again upon the start of my final flush. Not really sure that it's the molasses, but in my circle, my buds are almost always the most aromatic and flavorful, if not always the strongest. I should also state that I use raw blackstrap molasses, not the unsulphured version. Hope this helps; I used Bud Candy religiously, and found "Sweet" to be fairly comparable. None of the flavors of sweet affect the buds' aroma of flavor in any way. I have no idea why they made three "flavors". It works, tho.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for the info Sirius and altitudefarmer! I've got the unsulfured molasses and bud candy... I've used Sweet in veg, but not Bud Candy. I think I may try the molasses option in veg, once a month to start. :thinking

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Evidently the molasses was taken out of Bud Candy, due to carb overload. Some folks are using Bud Candy AND molasses now, according to word on the street.

R

Rob1

sirius you are killin it man awesome thread just went threw the whole thing again alot of very good info in there... thanks man...Rob

S

Sirius

Day 70!!!

Julius Caesar - smaller yielding og pheno... reeks like straight up og with a touch of the master. I'm running the so cal master side by side for comparison. The heavier yielding one which is coming down later will get shot up with the cam too. pure dank.

IMG 0111

IMG 0113

IMG 0117

IMG 0119

IMG 0122

IMG 0133

IMG 0142

IMG 0143

IMG 0151

IMG 0153

IMG 0154

IMG 0156

IMG 0157

IMG 0159

IMG 0168

IMG 0169

IMG 0171

IMG 0174

IMG 0176

S

Sirius

Sweet N Sour - A pheno. Nice fat indica buds from top to bottom. Going to be some heady smoke for sure.

IMG 0056

IMG 0058

IMG 0077

IMG 0080

Sweet N Sour - B Pheon. Very similar to A pheno only slightly tangier. The third I have is fruitier then both of these which I will snap later on when she finishes up.

IMG 0086

IMG 0092

IMG 0093

IMG 0098

IMG 0099

Thanks everyone... I have got lots of work to do... but first a nap :D

S

Sirius

Day 71...

Purple Bubblegum - Kushy pheno that reeks like grape bubblegum... I can't wait to taste this girl... She didnt purple up very much I think because of where she was placed in the garden.. We will see how dark she can get on the next run :)

IMG 0048

IMG 0050

IMG 0052

IMG 0054

IMG 0055

IMG 0057

IMG 0058

IMG 0066

IMG 0073

IMG 0075

S

Sirius

White Fire - B Pheno... Not the yielder but a stanker.. lemony gooey goodness... definitely the frostiest... diamond girl.. you sure do shine! :)

IMG 0043

IMG 0045

IMG 0046

IMG 0047

IMG 0048

IMG 0051

IMG 0052

IMG 0053

IMG 0055

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Man I knew this was going to be good! Excellent work with every strain, Sirius!

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

time for some sirius smoke reports... way to kill it bro, that julius came out looking sick, nice color.....

Top Bottom